1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP | 2022 | Race 10 | Sachsenring | Germany | June 17 - 19

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Jun 13, 2022.

1. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

Fabio is on another level. Zarco seems to be by far the most consistent Ducati rider.

Maverick having pace at the start of the race was interesting. Will be cool to see how he does in the next few rounds. I do think he was hesitant to pass Aleix given everything both him and Aprilia have done for him.

Moto2 was a bit of a snooze. Team America did not have a good day.

BigBird likes this.
  2. CRA_Fizzer

CRA_Fizzer Honking at putter!

Miller pulling his right earplug out with a needle nose pliers, priceless.

elevenn7 and MachineR1 like this.
  3. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

There was definitely a turn in the championship today. FQ20 (@crashman) put his hand on his second title today. The dude just doesn’t fall off.
    Not sure I agree a 100% about Zarco but he made a good ride today. Pecco is having too many mistakes. Tough conditions but you have to score points on your bad days. That was Dovi’s issue.

Phl218 likes this.
  4. COOP 1

COOP 1 Well-Known Member

:beer:

5. Dragginass

Dragginass Well-Known Member

Better on a shit bike.....

Stoner/Ducati or Quarterback/Yamaha?

6. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

Stoner. Not sure FQ20( @crashman ) :crackup::D, could go to another bike and win from the jump.

7. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

Intermittent sleeping during the GP race. What a let down by Pecco. Barring injury to FQ, the title fight is over.

8. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

I fell asleep on the racing today too. Even if PB63 had stayed upright, I still think it was over. He tried to fight back with that pass, but Quartararo took the lead back and was starting to pull away anyway, IMO.

9. rice r0cket

rice r0cket Well-Known Member

Doesn't that make it illegal? The whole impetus of the ride height devices not being electronic suspension is that they're manually activated by the rider. Once you give it brainz, it should be illegal.

Phl218 likes this.
  10. Black89

Black89 Well-Known Member

Interesting jack miller was using a different rider setup position I think he said? Finally switched to the same as the other Ducati riders and feels a lot better.

BigBird likes this.
  11. Black89

Black89 Well-Known Member

Apparently you push it on the straight before the corner, it senses when the forks extend and then lowers at the most beneficial moment. Taking out rider variance of when the activate it. So still manual but kinda auto grey area. That’s what I got from Simon after the flag breakdown.

12. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

Did you mean to say?

" ....you push it IN THE CORNER before the STRAIGHT."

13. sidepipe79

sidepipe79 Well-Known Member

They activate the ride height device by hitting a botton/lever before the corner. Most likely while on the brakes. Then the device lowers the rear when the bike senses it is leaving the corner.

14. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

2 finished in the points albiet they went backwards. 1 finished up 6 positions from normal & just outside the points. They all saw the checked flag. Lemons, lemonade & whatnot

15. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

Interesting to me that yamaha is probably just one more weekend away from occupying the bottom 3 spots in the standings (digia starting to hit a little bit of a stride)... and the top spot. We all knew the Honda was unrideable by anyone but Marc but I don’t think they ever occupied the bottom 3 spots in points. Just wow.

Zarco has looked good but prior to about 3 races ago, bastia seemed to be the man to beat on a Duc. Not sure how he lost his way so bad so suddenly.

Maverick looked solid in the beginning. But I’m wondering how much that had to do with a medium rear. Curious how it would have lasted. When the announcers started chattering about “Mavericks about to make a move,” I just looked at my wife and said “hell no he ain’t, he’s playing goose today.” No way he takes that spot from aleix. Sure enough it was quite evident after another couple laps when he never even took a look that he wasn’t going to try. Especially on a medium front, if he was gonna go for it, it needed to be as early as possible.

16. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

Bastianini 's crew chief, Alberto Giribuola out:
    Missing Crew Chief playing a role in Bastianini's problems | MotoGP™

MV typically has very good late race pace, so I wouldn't have counted him out for a late race move. With that said, any overtake would have to be very clean and low risk. His teammate is in the Championship fight, and he is not. He was already cast out from one team for on track behavior. Crashing his teammate would pretty much be a nail in the coffin for his career at this point.

Senna likes this.
  17. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

I don’t think he was ever going to make a move. He was going to tail gun for Aleix until the end of that race unless both him and Aleix got passed. Any other rider I would say would pass Aleix, but Maverick has been in such a precarious spot career-wise after the Yamaha debacle, and Aleix and Aprilia have really put a lot of faith in him.

BigBird likes this.
  18. nlzmo400r

nlzmo400r Well-Known Member

Isn't it? 2 years ago it was all the yamaha everyone wanted to be on because it was so easy to ride and consistently fast from track to track yet Rossi couldn't come to grips with it. Now Yamaha is the new Honda with just Quart going well on it and literally every other yamaha unable to get into the points. The shift sure changes quickly in GP.

Ducati have GOT to get it together. They've had what is probably the best bike on the grid over the course of a season for at least 2 seasons now, this being the 3rd. Yet they cannot get a rider to both stay on and stay consistent. I wonder if Dovi is regretting leaving, or even Lorenzo...with MM not being dominant and Fabio stepping up, I'm sure JL99 and Dovi are thinkign they could win on the current Ducati.

19. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

Dovi had the 2020 season gift wrapped and delivered to his door, and he decided to throw a fit and toss away his best chance at a championship.

20. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Hate to say it but Dovi wouldn’t win on that bike.

but on that note, Stoner would paddle their asses on it.

could y’all imagine Stoner in his prime on THAT Ducati??

the field wouldn’t see him after lap one of FP1

MachineR1 likes this.