1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motoamerica at V.I.R.

Discussion in 'General' started by Scott S., May 13, 2022.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

And yet one more time - why would an ambulance need to roll to him? Yeah the announcers posited he crashed, I knew for a fact he did when Cam made the tumbling down the track hand signal. I also saw him getting up behind the three of them. Then for a long while they showed him up and walking and just fine, walking behind a Geico sign so you know for sure it's a weird spot as they don't put signage in the middle of normal runoff.

I've seen euro riders walking off into the sunset too. It happens. Not often, because well, workers and medical get stationed where they are most likely to be needed.

2. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

Where exactly would the ambulance have been on the way from? The closest one was on the inside of the track, but it can't really move until the track is declared clear, or at least until they know that all of the riders are past that point. If they move that ambulance out early by mistake, that would be a safety issue of monumental proportions! ey would have needed probably 1:15 to clear the rest of the field. He was up walking by then, so why roll a bus?

Nathey and jd41 like this.
  3. G 97

G 97 Garth

Fine by me, it’s all good. Just pointing out the obvious that you are far from just a « passionate fan who loves racing ». sic. As you previously stated.

Well then, if your true point of contention with Mongo is centered around his assertion. Grid them up in Moto-America and shut him up. (Impossible task). :D

It’s all good otherwise. :beer:

4. G 97

G 97 Garth

Racing motorcycles in America is more dangerous. :crackup:

5. Busdriver02

Busdriver02 Well-Known Member

On a personal level, that's it. And like I said, just reading Peterson's comments was all I "needed." I am not a casual fan though. I want to know why he crashed (aside from morbid curiosity) because I ride on track and I hope I can learn something.

This is a place for people who are on the inside of racing, or at least track riding. But, MA's success is dependent on casual fans. Some folks here seem to be baffled at the response on social media, or at least flummoxed that Petrucci says something inaccurate and then "everyone" gets all huff and puffy. I'm not trying to explain my personal problem with MA, but why a casual fan might have a problem.

Think about it this way. If you don't race yourself, what do you know about racing? Whatever the commentators say, and whatever gets written by journalists. That's it.
    So if Greg and Jason (supported by the production team) don't close the book, then that leaves it open for dipshits like Simon Patterson to talk.

6. Shocker

Shocker Well-Known Member

7. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

he was on the ground for less than 30 seconds according to my source in race
    I was hoping they posted on Facebook or Insta because I was prepared to drag them by their nuts. If anyone has a link let me know, otherwise ill assume they only do Twatter.

G 97 likes this.
  8. Badger911GT3

Badger911GT3 Well-Known Member

"We needed to get to Danilo more quickly and we will study the incident and will make changes where necessary."

So MA concedes to at least part of the criticism: The response time.

9. G 97

G 97 Garth

Yes. At the same time they don’t need to portray and manufacture a false narrative that supports their idea that motorcycle racing in America is somehow more inherently dangerous than in other parts of the world. It’s garbage journalism at best. Complete crap, regardless.

Last edited: May 24, 2022
  10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Silly to even say that as the response time was perfectly fine for a rider who was up and moving around no problem. They could have and would have been there quicker if he had been hurt.

11. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

They really shouldn't have included that without clarifying what they meant. They most likely mean getting someone to him as he was walking after the pack had gone through, which is a fine point to concede.
    It maybe a little bit of falling on the sword to try and keep him here

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

They actually did get someone to him right after he crossed the track and gave him a ride to medical.

evakat likes this.
  13. badmoon692008

badmoon692008 Well-Known Member

The red had already been thrown, you can see it waving as Jody was taken out.

14. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

So that's definitely conflicting from what he said once again.
    But honestly that's the only thing I could have seen be better once the field was past they could have sent the ambulance.

15. FastByKids

FastByKids Tire Warmers What?

My interpretation is MA fell on the sword and offered a olive branch.

16. G 97

G 97 Garth

Of course they should have gotten to him more quickly, this is a given. The critical thing is, did they get to him as quickly as possible given the conditions with an active race in progress? In this case, yes - They got to him as quickly as conditions permitted.

What more can one ask for beside him not crashing? As if getting to him any quicker somehow eliminates his road rash, contusions and leather burns. Sounds like he needs more adequate personal safety gear. :Poke::D

Peeps are being delusional.

17. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

I did not see him up and I was at the race dude that's all I'm saying.

All I knew was he went down at the fastest part of the track and did not make it to the podium. I heard he was headed to the medical center but didn't know if he was in an ambulance under a sheet or what.

18. G 97

G 97 Garth

Does Suzuki miss Yosh yet? :D

19. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Why would they?

Team Hammer is doing just fine as far as I can tell. :cool:

20. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

pretty sure he was up before all the bikes were even past S/F. If thats the case then it would have been pointless.

G 97 and 418 like this.