1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motoamerica at V.I.R.

Discussion in 'General' started by Scott S., May 13, 2022.

1. Hayden259

Hayden259 Active Member

The red flag didn’t come out until after I was through turn 1 the next lap. We assumed it was for the crash between hobbs/Barry until watching the replay a couple times and seeing the original crasher sitting in the runoff

Last edited: May 24, 2022
    BigBird and MELK-MAN like this.
  2. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

Wow, that’s crazy actually. The Yellow was definitely out and the replay shows the red was out (maybe just coming out) right as you were entering turn 1. Seems like a late call to throw the red with a rider and 2 corner workers in the highest speed impact zone on the track as the leaders were approaching. @Mongo ? What do you think, late red for the situation?

3. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Last edited: May 24, 2022
  4. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

That was already posted but judging by some of his replies on Twitter I wouldn't be shocked if he was done

5. Dragginass

Dragginass Well-Known Member

6. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Well I can't read every post, I am sometimes actually working...:)

7. 418

418 Expert #59

So sounds like Kyle Wynan has a chance to get a factory Ducati ride...

8. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Don't you hate that, when work interfere's with beebin'. :D

BigBird likes this.
  9. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

I bet Harley is paying him more than HSBK would. I wonder if would drop them to race a SBK again, but I doubt.

Nathey likes this.
  10. Yama-saurus

Yama-saurus Well-Known Member

fixed it fer ya....

Suzuka_joe likes this.
  11. Suzuka_joe

Suzuka_joe Well-Known Member

HSBK is well documented to toss their rider when things begin to go south and I've heard rumblings that their supersport entry was a paid seat a couple years ago

12. dasrider

dasrider 99 problems

Wouldn't it be hilarious if Petrux really did say screw it and left mid-season and Elias took his seat...??? I mean Toni was very vocal he wants back on the grid.

13. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

Ducati gets serious and invests in the series in their biggest market. They are currently the Moto America SBK points leader, and their rider has a temper tantrum and threatens to quit the series.... I think Paolo Ciabatti needs to have a talk with his boy and assign him a handler.

rcarson15, badmoon692008 and RRP like this.
  14. 5axis

5axis Well-Known Member

What is King Fong up to?

G 97 likes this.
  15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

That's just silly. He obviously has an unrealistic expectation when he doesn't need help and gets bitchy. I don't care what his experience is as a rider or his unrealistic expectations are.

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

What can they say? The people who can use logic get it and the rest will bitch no matter what.

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

No information to be had at that point. Announcers always speculate on weird shit, it's like the have that ability built into them.

But quite simply if you were watching the video, by the time they showed the winners circle you had already seen him get up and walk across the track.

Also for all - from an eyewitness, he got a ride to medical in a UTV well before he walked the hundred yards to pit out.

18. HPPT

HPPT !!!

How did you acquire this knowledge?
    Didn't he say that he ran off the track trying to avoid the guy in front of him? I know that all of you guys are superheroes who can assess the difference between 30 seconds and two minutes immediately after sliding on your asses at 170 mph but I'm thinking, and just hear me out here, that you might have a boner for him and will tell yourself whatever it takes to justify that. :D

KneeDragger_c69 likes this.
  19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

How in the world do you come to that conclusion? There is not one single thing in what they showed that could lead you to believe that. The rider was up and fine, how does that equate to not caring?

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Most of that is the camera showed it at a weird angle, that rider was pretty far to the left. Technically an impact zone of course but not a normal one at all, I'd even guess they had gotten up and moved there as the bikes almost always crash where the leaders did or further into the turn.