1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motoamerica at V.I.R.

Discussion in 'General' started by Scott S., May 13, 2022.

1. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

To any fan that watches 2 or 4 wheel racing on TV, that was a really shitty look. It's like they threw the checkers and didn't care...if even someone was waiting on the other side of the track or at pit out even. That long shot of him walking across the track added to the rant looks bad for MA.

KneeDragger_c69 likes this.
  2. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

What was shitty was his posting on Social Media...period.
    He made the decision in less than 120 seconds, to walk his unhappy ass away from the crash area, and then scream it out to The World.

Suzuka_joe, 418, TurboBlew and 4 others like this.
  3. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Read my post again.

4. jd41

jd41 Well-Known Member

Roadracingworld.com

Fresh N Lean Progressive Yamaha’s Cameron Petersen, who crossed the finish line 1.5 seconds after Petrucci, caught a glimpse of the incident.

“I kind of caught it right at the top of my vision,” Petersen told Roadracingworld.com. “I think what happened was I think Petrucci being so close to Matty [Scholtz] on the outside going at that speed, I think the outside of the track came up way faster than what he was expecting. We’re going 175-180 mph at that point, and I think the outside of the track just came up way faster than he expected.

“Honestly, Matty didn’t do anything wrong. He held his line. It’s not like he swerved, ran wide, or anything. I think just Petrucci being on the outside there just the outside of the track came up so fast and he tried to give it a little more lean angle and ended up pushing the front. There’s the little drop away there [change in track elevation] and there was a breeze coming from the side. I think a combination of all those things didn’t help him.”

lonewrench and BigBird like this.
  5. wsmc42

wsmc42 Well-Known Member

I just watched the Twins race. How did they let the field go into turn 1 at speed to start lap 2(?)with a rider down and 2 corner workers standing the over him? Then, 2 of the leaders collide and go sliding off into the same area. The rider down had to have been from the previous lap so they had time to assess the situation and throw a red. Looked pretty sketchy.

6. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

Lets talk Twins.
    The racing up front was awesome. I hope that Rispoli will race some more rounds, it was cool to see the two Yamaha Team mates getting it on with the 2 Veloce bikes.
    It was good to see Kaleb getting back in the groove on Sunday.
    I think there is going to be a year long battle for the championship this year. My inclination is that Hayden Schultz might have the best shot at it in the long haul with consistency and smart riding. However, Barry, Dekeyrel and Mazziota may be there as well. I also don't know when Wyman, Blackmon, Gloddy, Ventura, Davis and Hobbs will step up their games and get in the mix. Throw Rispoli back in there and I think we are looking at 10-12 guys that could compete for a win.
    This is going to be a great year of racing.

Zoomie likes this.
  7. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

yep. just saw that too. sketchy as heck.. wonder if the red flag was shown as they came toward s/f, but suspect NO, as that's why the rider tried to brake way late under Jody ?

wsmc42 likes this.
  8. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

It's Blake's first year and the other guys are going even faster than last year, berry went 8ths quicker than last year so it might take blake a little bit to get up to that speed.
    I think Jackson will be back up front next race

9. younglion

younglion Well-Known Member

Ty Scott - my god that kid is talented.

16 or so and riding the wheels off that 750 already.

Like Rocco - he needs a little PR polishing (his forced smile and thumbs up at the end of each interview is so bad it's adorable) but damn, quick learner and crazy racing aptitude.

10. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I agree. He must just be really shocked, that the ease he had at COTA isn't coming any longer. With the problems Attack had at the first round, now that they have their ducks in a row, Petrucci must be wondering if he will win again this year?

I think he will, but not the cake walk he thought he was getting into. Even though he is no longer flipping head over heals on the front straight, I think his head is still spinning.....damn these Yanks are faster than Eraldo, Baz and Elise said they were.

Last edited: May 23, 2022
    BigBird, Nathey, mastermind and 3 others like this.
  11. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Ya know when Darkhorse Racing did the double Saturday at Road Atlanta I was happy new blood was in it… But honestly both riders need to grow up IMO…. Take responsibility for your actions or GTFO…

No Brakes, FastByKids, 418 and 2 others like this.
  12. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

Steeltoe likes this.
  13. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

Anyone else think his injuries just….don’t look that bad? I’ve had way worse rash crashing my road bike or mountain bike before.

Dunno if he’s feeling more beat up than the pictures show but the pics just don’t look that bad and all the Instagram reactions seemingly shocked at his injuries just don’t really make sense to me at all.

BigBird, 418 and Boman Forklift like this.
  14. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

[​IMG]

Ben’s Pies is welcome to return, but leave Mladin out.

E Reed and KneeDragger_c69 like this.
  15. PMooney Jr.

PMooney Jr. Chasing the Old Man

Danillo was the nicest guy in the world last month. Stick his ass under a tent with Herrin for a couple of meetings and bam! Way to go Josh.

16. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

I hope he sticks it out. I was curious to see how he stacks up at Road America. He seems to be great in the brakes and the Duc is a bike that'll have lots of top end speed. Those both are advantages there.

17. prospected

prospected Well-Known Member

Guy is a factory GP winner, Dakar stage winner, and on a new to him superbike while some of you are essentially calling him a bitch for having issues with our tracks/personnel. One of the most well liked racers in modern times but delivers criticism of our shit tracks and now it's, 'fuck that guy'. Unreal.

18. Busdriver02

Busdriver02 Well-Known Member

I don't think anyone is looking at him cross eyed because he said the track surfaces suck, and there isn't FIM compliant runoff. We all know that already.

Petrucci is complaining that the organization is not run at the level that he feels it should be. Publicly.
    Maybe that's because he tried to go to the org and make a complaint/suggestion and was ignored.
    Maybe he already tried to get the riders together to do it as a group.

He certainly hasn't said that though.

Sudowoodo, 418 and Senna like this.
  19. Dragginass

Dragginass Well-Known Member

It would help if he was more truthful. "I almost ran into the back of a guy i was trying to pass, and I couldn't get up for a few seconds" doesn't get the same attention as his IG drama does.

20. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

The first crash happened right in front of me at the beginning of the 2nd lap. Guy right in front of me ran it too deep on the inside and ran into rider in front of him. We were about 5-10 seconds behind the leaders at that point (judging from time gap at end of 1st lap in restart).

I saw the red lights come on early on the front straight while running in 20th or so. Based on that, I believe the leaders were just coming into 1 or the braking zone when the red lights came on. There was certainly a yellow flag of some type there already regardless of when the red came out so we are supposed to exercise caution and not pass. But when each rider saw the red (and yellow) probably impacted the dynamics in that lead group.

BigBird, Ducman851 and MELK-MAN like this.