1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

dammit... went to pick up my G3C and it hadn't even occurred to me that my DL still had my old address on it. No soup for you! Went to the BMV... line was so long I went out to the car and just did it online. Now more waiting.

2. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

You got it cash sale only.

3. Saiyan66

Saiyan66 Stand your ground

Well that plus you admitting you have one on the World Wide Beeb

assjuice cyrus likes this.
  4. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

MMC Armory site for parts/building etc……….Anybody ordered from there? They’ve got some deals that seem too good to be true, and I’ve never heard of that site til yesterday when googling for stuff “in stock”.

5. britx303

I’ve been eyeing up a conversion from Advantage Arms for awhile now, as it’s the one I see in stock most frequently and price isn’t painful at all for the entire upper plus a mag. Is this a good one? I’m in the middle of doing a 2nd frame already and the plan was to just get the AA kit for this one as a dedicated 22……..spare 9 upper later on. Or are these problematic?

6. assjuice cyrus

Serious question. You think they have the man power or resources to go door to door to see if you have a ban part that was once legal if it gets banned? Obviously its had to go through the steps to be legal to be able to sell in the first place. Just curious on what you really think can happen?

7. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

The #1 thing I've learned with these questions is: Do they accept credit cards? If they only accept things like zele, paypal, crypto, etc, then they are fake. If they accept CC's then it's a 90% chance they're real.

britx303 likes this.
  8. Saiyan66

I have been looking at the AA kits as well but have not purchase yet so I cannot give any feedback. Reviews seem good for the most part. Gotta figure that they are most likely going to need high velocity ammo to function properly though like most semi auto 22's.

9. Saiyan66

My opinion is that one should never underestimate the government's ability to be completely stupid and devote massive resources to otherwise meaningless stuff. Do I think the ATF will do stuff like that? Yes at some point I believe the ATF under the current administration is fully enabled and willing to do such things. All they have to do is subpoena the sales records and send out letters to owners. If they don't get responses/relinquishment of said items then they send local DOJ out to visit you. Remember its not paranoid if they are actually out to get you.

assjuice cyrus and britx303 like this.
  10. britx303

Yep.

11. britx303

Yeah, it was a little concerning because I searched the company info after finding the plastic I wanted, and it turned up the name for Bear Creek Arsenals previous name, but also another company from another state that sells the stuff I was searching for, but apparently zero connection with each other. Did take CC. And if it turns out BS, they will only get but so far with that one and the bank its connected to is across the hall at "work" so won't be good for the scammers:D

12. assjuice cyrus

I'm not saying your wrong. But after some conversations I have with some guys that do thatdo this for a living, it becomes real sketchy trying to take something that was once legal. Like the assault rife ban. If you had bought them before it was ok. Dealers just couldn't sell them during the ban.

13. britx303

Not trying to go down this rabbit hole...........but working closely with the guys from just down the block from the T.Marshall building........there is every intention of beginning that door-door process. Leaving it at that. But always remember......"ohhhhh yeah, I forgot about that trigger. Yep, I sold it before it became an NFA item. Long gone for quite some time now.":D

assjuice cyrus likes this.
  14. britx303

15. GixxerJohn011

GixxerJohn011 Well-Known Member

So…uhm, a friend of mine has an AR pistol in 5.56 and he really likes the Law Tactical folder. It seems that the folder might turn it into an SBR. We have both googled all we can and read everything we can on the ATF website but can’t nail down a folder on a brace. My friend really doesn’t want to be a felon, he’s not built for prison, anybody know for sure or could you point us to something that clears it up?

Rhino48 likes this.
  16. sanee

sanee Well-Known Member

hes good

17. Tim Dobbertin

Tim Dobbertin Well-Known Member

It's the ATF's fault for leaving so much room to interpret this crap. Pretty sure if he uses the Law Folder + a "brace" he will still be ok. Just make sure he doesnt have a "vertical grip". Finger stops are good to go tho.

Just remember - asking the ATF to clarify is like asking the teacher if they forgot to give homework as the class is walking out. No one will like you.

sanee and GixxerJohn011 like this.
  18. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

As others have said, he's good. Having a stock or vertical foregrip is what makes it an sbr. At least until the AFT change their minds again. Having the brace folded is akin to those AK pistols that have no brace, stock, or anything. Still a pistol.

19. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

little overkill on the scope for an SBR but completes my meal team 6 farce recon counter sniper systemz

Got the thermal zero'd on it too Pigs beware

[​IMG]

RonR, Clay, Triple X and 2 others like this.
  20. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

Which optic is that?