1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoAmerica 2022 silly season

Discussion in 'General' started by kenessex, Sep 20, 2021.

1. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I could be entirely wrong, since I’ve never run Daytona, but I believe that is because of the draft and how it lets people all clump together. Makes showing your talent on technical sections much harder to show.

SundaySocial and Gino230 like this.
  2. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

It was similar at NJ and Barber in that Marcon didn’t just run off from everyone. Point is, there looks to be a healthy number of fast names in Twins and the field is stronger than it ever has been.

3. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

Twins is indeed looking very strong.
    I almost think it is stronger that supersport at the moment. There are even more season entries

Gino230 and henry_carlson like this.
  4. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

We chatted with him briefly a while ago. Dumas is 100% committed to the Gino plan, flying the friendly skies in a bus.

JJJerry and Gino230 like this.
  5. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Twins racing is where the talent cream rises to the top.

gagne
    Herrin
    Rossi
    Stoner
    Peterson
    Passch
    Fong

etc.

the list is endless. None of them could win a twins race/championship.

it’s also the best racing at the club level.

Nathey likes this.
  6. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

Point taken, but nobody is saying that it's the premier class. I'm just pointing out that it's far from soft. I may have mistaken @Namarow 's original point, that a healthier series would be able to pay top talent- but that's another story.

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I expect Rocco to show up, he was at Auto Club weekend before last and kicked ass.

8. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Was he racing the C/middleweight classes?

I didn't follow the 600s much last year and not sure how well he did making the jump from Twins to the Supersport class?

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

He raced some 600 stuff and some 1000 stuff on the 600...

10. SundaySocial

SundaySocial Blue & Gold

11. Circacee

Circacee Well-Known Member

Rocco won over the weekend at Chuckwalla against some fast dudes. I think he's good, he's just a big boy. Probably needs that 1000 bump in the next couple years. We forget he's like 16-17 right?

12. stangmx13

stangmx13 Well-Known Member

Chad Lewin was battling Rocco at Chuck. He's been doing great work out there. It'll be cool to see him back in SS full-time this year.

Namarow and Circacee like this.
  13. Circacee

Circacee Well-Known Member

Thats my dude.. Hope he does well, he looks solid on that R6.

Namarow likes this.
  14. Namarow

Namarow Well-Known Member

Yeah, that is what I meant. Champs should move up if the system is truly working. But it is what it is. Twins is amazing racing!

SundaySocial, Gino230 and Monsterdood like this.
  15. 392

392 Well-Known Member

I can almost guarantee Kaleb had no interest in running supersport.

koth442 likes this.
  16. Namarow

Namarow Well-Known Member

As someone who seems to know a lot on here I would take that as gospel. However I am perplexed. Is it not the goal of most professional riders to constantly be improving and move up? If not super sport then what? He wanted to do super stock but couldn’t find the budget or something?

Again knowing the European system and some riders there, it’s very rare for a champion turn on move up. Hell, even the federations themselves will assist to make sure the cream rises. And the Riders them selves would probably sell their grandmother!

392 likes this.
  17. 392

392 Well-Known Member

responded via pm

18. younglion

younglion Well-Known Member

Can the general masses get that same answer - even if it needs to be sanitized/generalized a little?

19. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

:stupid:

20. Hayden259

Hayden259 Active Member

I can’t speak for Kaleb and his thought process.

There aren’t many opportunities to move up to Supersport currently and those that are available are expensive.

There is solid manufacturer support in Twins as well and Kaleb was offered a good opportunity to defend his title with Veloce.