1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any watch lovers here????

Discussion in 'General' started by vizsladog, Jan 27, 2009.

1. Phl218

Phl218 .

Nice!!! Can’t wait to wear mine

it will be the first one to give the SuperOcean42 a break as a daily

2. Jay Hodge

Jay Hodge Well-Known Member

Well, I went and did it...Cant tell you how long I've wanted a Pepsi.

IMG_1150.jpg

Hawk518, Dave K, worthless and 6 others like this.
  3. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

That thing is so faded and old. Ill trade you 3 brand new super nice Invictas for it? I mean i am on the losing side of that deal but you seem like a good guy. I make special price just for you.

4. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

Philip Mirgliotta likes this.
  5. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

It's a quartz version. Pretty great imagination, IMO.

6. peakpowersports

peakpowersports Well-Known Member

If they would have dropped a cheap mechanical movement in it and charged say $649 I'd grab one to beat around in. It's a cool concept and a marketing boom. I just really don't like the movement of a quartz secondhand.

7. river rat

river rat Well-Known Member

8. Hooper

Hooper Well-Known Member

Jedb likes this.
  9. SteveThompson

SteveThompson Banned by amafan

I love that collaboration. I think it's good for the industry and it's just good fun. I'm sure I'll buy one at some point.

They are not a limited edition, so you should be able to get one soon without having to wait in line or pay eBay prices.

Also, it is worth remembering that Omega probably had no say in this. Swatch Group owns Omega and leveraged that relationship to boost a sagging division.

RichB likes this.
  10. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

Same thing happened when the Q Timex Pepsi reissue came out.

The folks who fell for the hype ended up a couple grand in the hole when they were available everywhere.

11. peakpowersports

I guess it depends on where they set production at. Given it has practically zero hand finishing they could easily bang out tens of thousands of these pretty quickly. Come to think of it, I could see getting the Mission to Mars for a summer hang out watch.

12. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

What year is it? I love that’s not a “perfect” example. Great find!

13. ChemGuy

Sounds like they plan to crank these out. From the swatch website

We are overwhelmed by your fantastic support and by your extraordinary enthusiasm for the Bioceramic MoonSwatch Collection.

We do our best to fulfill demand and we hope that anyone who is moonstruck by this OMEGA x Swatch collaboration will soon be able to lay their hands on one of these watches.

The Bioceramic MoonSwatch Collection is not available for the time being for purchase online. We remind you that it is not a limited-edition and will soon be available again in selected Swatch stores.

#MoonSwatch

#OMEGAXSwatch

14. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

It's kinda weird that they would bastardize a luxury brand like that, but then again, lots of them do that.

15. Jedb

16. ChemGuy

What Jed said…. I would bet my recently revitalized 401k that swatch “made” this happen. They are selling everyone they can make and will for months. Swatch sales will be great for a couple quarters due to this.

and people can get a speedy for $260.

Everyone wins.

Except real Omega.

17. peakpowersports

Rolex release pretty mundane. Although the LH GMT is interesting. I was semi-excited for the Air King as I've always had a soft spot for that watch, but I didn't care for that dial the last go-round. Hopefully they will have some other dial options for it in the future.

18. SteveThompson

SteveThompson Banned by amafan

The titanium Odysseus from ALS caught my attention.

The new 3 hand Calatrava from Patek is really interesting. Moving the Calatrava line to a more casual look is very appealing to me.

19. peakpowersports

Patek has done well for sure. So has Grand Seiko and perhaps Cartier. The rest seem to be nothing new just lightly refreshed.. asides from Tudor who cant seem to get away from ugly browns, awkward finishing and all around WWII styling that I can do without.

20. Jedb

The GMT is interesting as I believe that's Rolex's first left hand case (please educate me if that's not true).
    But the green (neutral opinion) and the continued lack of availability has contributed to a pretty blasé feeling about Rolex.

Would rather they put R&D dollars into production facilities, than a green bezel.

They'd do better if they jumped in to the Omega/Swatch quartz craze and re-designed an entire OysterQuartz lineup. Diver, Date, GMT, Chrono, and ?
    Or they got crazy with design and issued another secondary line like the Cellini first was.