1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gas for $1.99 a gallon around here.

Discussion in 'General' started by eggfooyoung, Oct 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

Just spent 130 to fill up my RAM

2. IrocRob

IrocRob Well-Known Member

Diesel at $5.199 in NJ now.....

BigBird likes this.
  3. BigBird

BigBird blah

Just passed a spot diesel 5.49/gallon, regular 4.59 in NNJ

4. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Just rolled by the local, $3.99 for 87. Saw 4.79 for diesel.

Mush! Mush!

5. jd41

jd41 Well-Known Member

Nice! Only 5.20$ around here .... :(

6. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

Why are they charging so much for diesel when that shit supposed to be the cheapest of cheap to produce?!

418 likes this.
  7. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

They would only sell me $100.00 worth of fuel a moment ago.

8. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

What the fuck they expect you to do with only 4 gallons of fuel?

BigBird likes this.
  9. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

I guess barely make it to the next station!?!

10. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

They were cutting me at 75

11. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Have seen some " experts " predicting $ 7 before it levels off. FJB

12. Oil futures are expected to hit the $200/bbl mark, especially if Russian oil gets harder to get (or decisions are made by countries to stop accepting it).

At this point, the hardest part is trying to figure out where the peak will be.

Like I said, I didn’t sell TO stock yesterday, even though it it was going for 8x what I bought most of it for. Because even though $5.xx is high (compared to $0.72), if you look back 10 years ago that stock was in the $50+ range per share.

I’d feel like an idiot if I sell off a lot and it goes 10x higher at some point.

But then I’d feel like a bigger idiot if this somehow all calms down and the bottom falls out of it again.

Like all stocks, it’s risk vs reward I reckon.

I could sell it now and make some “good” profit that I’d be happy with, but wouldn’t be a game changing amount.

Or I could see if it keeps going up and up. If it (and some of the other oil companies’ stock) reaches what they were 10 years ago, I’m into “fuck this shit” territory and looking at super early retirement.

cav115 and BigBird like this.
  13. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

Risk vs reward.....when you said "balls deep" was it a lot? Like your life's savings? Or just a down payment on the next "porch"? If you won't miss it then shoot for the moon!

BigBird likes this.
  14. Oh no, anything I do with stocks is just “play money”. I have never taken money from “rainy day” savings (or reduced my Pension contributions) to play with stocks. It is money that I would just blow on other shit, it wouldn’t really hurt me if I woke up and it was suddenly at $0 (aside from the obvious emotional pain :D).

That is a good point. I reckon “balls deep” is relative.

In terms of comparison to the Turbo GT, I put enough in shares that would cover about 40-45% of the cost of the vehicle.

Compared to what rich people do with stocks on a daily basis, i reckon it isn’t a lot of money. But for me it was, especially to put all into one stock at one time.

But I think you are right. Since it was play money to begin with, I’ll shoot for the moon. If it goes to zero, it won’t tangibly affect me (in terms of paying bills or normal retirement), but if it goes to near what it was 10 years ago, that would be game changing.

cav115 likes this.
  15. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

Just filled the tractor with Diesel.. $ 4.99. @ gal in Crystal River Fl.

16. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

87 is up to $4.08 here.

17. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

I've had a company gas card for the last 12 years. I have no clue what gas costs:D

SuddenBraking and BigBird like this.
  18. R Acree

R Acree Banned

$3.99 to $4.09 here depending on which side of the river. I don't have a gas card and the reimbursement rate is now costing me money.

19. The standard rate for per mile reimbursements ($0.40 per mile, $0.42 per mile, etc). Who sets that? The govt?

How often do they review and adjust it?

Like, with gas prices the way they are, will they raise that per mile rate?

20. R Acree

R Acree Banned

They haven't raised our reimbursable rate in 20 years. I think some just adjust mileage.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.