1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. jimgl3

jimgl3 Well-Known Member

2. sbk1198

sbk1198 Well-Known Member

That's damn near more than the rifle! lol I have the same RPR in 6.5 Creedmoor with the same scope, and it was just under $2k over a year ago lol I just have a Harris bipod on mine though

Quicktoy likes this.
  3. sbk1198

I spent about 2 hours and 15 minutes making 150 9mm rounds....which will take me about 15 minutes to shoot them. This is not a very efficient process lol

Quicktoy likes this.
  4. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

You mean the Slovakian Sig 229?
    Don't get me wrong, the Arex is a good gun, just not really original.

It also looks like they've integrated some 320 look into the slide.

Quicktoy and rice r0cket like this.
  5. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

What press are you using. For a single stage that may be a good rate but I have done almost 2k 357 mag in that amount of time with my dillon

6. My thoughts exactly.

7. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

Looks like a Chinese clone of a Sig made in Slovenia.

sbk1198 likes this.
  8. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

It's a labor of love. Don't question it. Find your zen place. LOL

speedluvn and sbk1198 like this.
  9. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

No doubt.. should take a lot less than 15 minutes. Perhaps a binary trigger would help.

10. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

You say it like it's a bad thing

11. Quicktoy

Great gun to copy. My worries are always the metals used that are from manufacturers I’ve never heard of. And when someone straight clones another gun it makes me weary of failures as well.

RRP, Gorilla George and RonR like this.
  12. sbk1198

Lyman press. One at a time...takes a long time. I'm also wasting about 20 minutes because I have to do an extra step since my depriming die doesn't size. But I just put in an order last night for another die that does both at once, so that will save me some time. And if my powder dispenser doesn't glitch and re-calibrate after every 5-7 dispenses, I should be able to bring that time down closer to 1.5 hours for 150 rounds.

Once I run through all my bullets/primers/cases/powder, I'm not doing this anymore lol I'll only do rifle rounds after that (NOT 5.56!).

Well this is shared between multiple guns, so it's 15 minutes just cuz I need to switch guns when I'm at the range lol

Quicktoy likes this.
  13. Quicktoy

I used to love sitting on a bench with a tv on in my garage and loading. Ahhh when I used to have spare time.

14. sbk1198

If I can do it in the house I wouldn't mind it as much. I would do it while watching racing or something. But I don't have the space and right setup to do it inside. It's hot as balls in the garage and the stool I have is not very comfortable either. May need to invest in a better one. I already bought a window AC unit to cool down the place but even with it on for a few hours, the temp was still in the 80s.

15. Quicktoy

I had a leather recliner chair at a desk setup and a Mitsubishi garage AC :).

16. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

I don’t like getting too comfortable or distracted reloading. Most I’ll do is listen to music Great thing about progressive is quick. Bad thing is a little hiccup can blow some serious time.

17. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

I think you're looking at it from the wrong perspective. :D

“Give me six hours to chop down a tree and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe.”

― Abraham Lincoln

18. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

Why can’t you reload in the house?

19. sbk1198

Cuz the press is bolted to the workbench in the garage. I have nowhere inside where I can put that, and I don't have space to get another table so I can bolt the press to. I just moved into another house and I have 1 less room than I did before.

20. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

Have you considered a more mobile attachment system?
    My cousin has his reloading equipment in a uninsulated garage. Fug that! I would
    Never be motivated to reload anything in extreme heat or cold.