1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Richie V sandbagging

Discussion in 'General' started by r6fast, Oct 5, 2020.

1. Sorry you couldn’t fix your tranny. I’ve heard those operations are expensive.

cav115, G Dawg, Shocker and 1 other person like this.
  2. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Now you know what the tube was for. ;)

3. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

If they surgically removed a “tube” from his back, then it wasn’t tranny surgery

4. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

You spelled 98 ZX-9 wrong!

Pride & Joy likes this.
  5. HPPT

HPPT !!!

That was the Farrah Fawcett or Mother Teresa of sport bikes.

Pride & Joy likes this.
  6. humblepie

humblepie Well-Known Member

And I would be willing to bet that the M4 bikes make more power than any R6 in the field too.

VFR#52 likes this.
  7. John29

John29 Road racing since 1973

I like Richie. I think he is a good guy, he's paid his dues, and he will make a great champion. Getting more attention for the series in Mexico is also a good thing.

Having said that, 600cc Supersport was the first AMA Supersport class and should still be for 600cc four-cylinder motorcycles. The original 636cc ZX-6R won AMA Pro 750cc Supersport races with Tommy Hayden on board and he came close to winning the 750cc title, ultimately finishing second behind Josh Hayes and his Attack GSX-R750.

When DMG added the current 636 to what was then called Daytona Sportbike, they said it was a bike designed to be inexpensive, but they also recognized the power advantage and added 20 pounds to its minimum weight. And they said it would be OK letting the 636 race against the 600cc four-cylinders because of the added weight and because the bike didn't handle. I told them then, that sooner or later, somebody would make it handle, and that's exactly what has now happened, with Chuck Graves and crew working on R&D throughout 2019 with Valentin Debise. And the bike is not currently required to carry any extra weight.

Kudos for Graves Motorsports, it was tough to beat them when they raced YZF-R6 Yamahas and my team won the title in 2010-2011-2012 (Cardenas-Eslick-Cardenas) and they are still tough to beat! Viva Mexico! Viva Escalante! We'll see what happens this weekend at Indy!

AJ, ekraft84, younglion and 9 others like this.
  8. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I would have gladly bet somebody money that Tommy won the championship. Dang, my memory cells are decaying too fast.

John29 likes this.
  9. I was just busting your balls :)

MELK-MAN likes this.
  10. You have a way with words and those darn facts JU, I actually forgot about the DMG thing. I think I’m subconsciously trying to block DMG out of my mind.

11. Ever see RE’s bike and pay attention to the front end? You don’t need slo-mo to see it still chatters like a mofo.

12. drop

drop Well-Known Member

Sooooooo why is your rider slower this year than last year?
    Why is your rider consistently the faster bike?
    Why does your rider have faster trap speeds?
    Why don't you acknowledge those facts?

13. John29

Acceleration is not the same as top speed, and when I've been watching the monitor at the races, the 636 had consistently higher average top speeds. There are a lot of factors that affect lap times, including what you're doing at any given time (battling for example, vs. running nose to tail or alone), ambient temperature, track conditions, etc., but basically IDK, and neither do you. Be that as it may, I still think what started in the 1980s as (and has been for most of its history) a 600cc class should be populated by 600cc four-cylinder motorcycles. Why don't you grid up and show us how to do it?

cav115 and Kev59 like this.
  14. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

It's time to take back the 600cc class!

Stop the mindless cheerleading!

Sabre699, MELK-MAN and John29 like this.
  15. spcassell

spcassell Well-Known Member

Here’s a question. I’m know you guys are extremely sophisticated and have gathered an abundance of data from every race weekend. If you lay last years data over this years, would it show that SDK is either stagnant with his lap times or going slightly slower? I don’t see that Escalante, on average, is going a whole lot faster than last year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

That was a very high class and knowledgeable response - kudos to you.

17. John29

Thanks! I wanted to give Richie credit for the great job he is doing, but also point out that it's more complicated and goes back farther than some people are claiming.

SuddenBraking likes this.
  18. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

Richie and the team earned this and your comments still don't acknowledge that. You said he's nice and paid his dues not that he is bossing the Kawi, minimizing the chatter and backing it in like a pro. Your team came at his neck then said oh yea hes doing great. Did you listen to the podcast? That was some pointed, blunt and condescending comments. To me, that's not cool and is my issue and not to mention they are fielding a legal bike and its not like MA assigns who rides what. You have the freedom of choice and went Suzuki, they went Kawi. good luck at Indy and Laguna and thanks for your time and support of the whole series.

tophyr, drop, The Great One and 2 others like this.
  19. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

Well... rules are rules. Just like numbers are numbers. We can sit here and him and haw until we are blue in the face. The bike is legal. And I'd bet dollars to donuts even if they do strap 20 pounds to RE's 636 he still beats your rider. Pull some strings with MotoAmerica and get the rule change to happen for Laguna so we can see the outcome.

henry_carlson likes this.
  20. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

He kinda answered that question earlier ;) many factors go into a lap time, and a trap speed. It's not a drag race from a standing stop in a controlled environment, with nobody in front, back or beside you.. These guys are battling like crazy at the outset. Then track conditions change from one even to the next with weather, amount of rubber laid down, atmospheric conditions, tire choice, the compound and allocation from Dunlop available .. and about 1000 other things :)

John29, VFR#52 and TX Joose like this.