Richie V sandbagging

Discussion in 'General' started by r6fast, Oct 5, 2020.

1. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

What's that have to do with it? Serious question.

2. stangmx13

stangmx13 Well-Known Member

And all of those fans have a significant other or non-riding friend that they introduced to racing or convinced to go to the races. The friends could easily outnumber the riders, making the numbers skewed more the way I suggested. I wouldn't be surprised if all MA fans are 0-2 degrees of separation from someone that rides a motorcycle. Maybe 3 degrees from someone that has ridden on track.

It really depended on the track too. RoadAmerica was a lot of groups that just liked camping at the track. Barber was somewhat similar. Laguna was the opposite, way more riders than the other tracks.

Of course, take all this with a grain of salt. I havent measured anything. Thats just the feeling I got from talking to people.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2020
  3. 05Yamabomber

05Yamabomber Dammit Haga

Well start making em fill out a questionaire to get an autograph! lol We need data

4. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

It was being compared to a V4 , and that is different.

They have always made allowances for different configurations.

5. Rising

Rising Well-Known Member

I've only been to RA once (as a spectator) but I got the impression that a lot of people there probably didn't even pay attention to the races that were going on. They were just there for the party.

6. KneeDragger_c69

KneeDragger_c69 Well-Known Member

Like the leftie turn racing on 4 wheels !! :p

Rising likes this.