1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The USPS/ups/FedEx rage thread.

Discussion in 'General' started by joec, Jun 27, 2020.

1. joec

joec brace yourself

Think about the profit/revenue difference of sending my package from phili to Detroit (then God forbid back to phili) to linthicum, md where it should have gone in the first place. I don't need to go to kenen-flagler to know that won't work for too long. Lol

2. JJJerry

JJJerry Well-Known Member

I shipped a wheel to Dymag (UK) USPS International Priority. I dropped it off May 4th. It arrived Thursday (June 25th). Nearly 8 weeks!

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Sounds normal for USPS international.

4. joec

joec brace yourself

I feel like shipping international is just a crap shoot in general.. Without the current mess. Even just to Canada. I have a couple bunch of stuff here for friends in Toronto I'll be getting to them when I have the chance.

5. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

All my prime stuff has been 3 days or less.Hell USPS just dropped a package off and it’s Sunday and ordered on Friday. Only one order was just over a week long back in April, but we were forewarned at the time of ordering to expect delays. My only complaint with Amazon is for not having South Park on prime video :D

joec likes this.
  6. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

USPS are the worst. I had a stripped lower do the week long lost in never neverland tango because the mailman tried delivering to the ffl 2 hours before they open. Took till Saturday(from Monday) to finally deliver it.

7. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

You may be wrong on this.

If space wasn't available on a more direct route, it was not an option.

If you are in LA, and want to get to NYC, but all direct flights are full - would you rather wait 24 hrs for a seat on a direct flight, or fly via a connection in Chicago, to arrive just a few hours later that the direct flight?

Material Handling & Logistics is now a college major/career choice for a reason.

8. bigtime

bigtime Well-Known Member

I understand that. But don’t get me started in rail shipments of cars via CSX or NS. They can be terrible and lose cars and redirect an Ohio to Georgia car to Michigan. We’ve had cars bounce around for a month before placement.

joec likes this.
  9. YamahaRick

When humans are involved, anything is possible.

Sabre699, Banditracer and joec like this.
  10. joec

joec brace yourself

Careful!!
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...-skill-over-college-degree-hiring/3263074001/

Haha.

I do get that.. But USPS map for priority shows 2 days from phili to Baltimore.. this was sent priority. USPS has a service bulletin saying it should be 3 right now.. Ok. I get it not guaranteed blah blah.. But I'm onto the 9th day today. How about the vendor choose a different shipper? Or before filling the order an email saying "we'll send it.... But good luck..." My ups stuff knock wood has been perfect. I woukd have opted to drive up. To phili.. would have cost 30 bucks gas and tolls, and the time, but I did pay 11 bucks to ship this. And have a but of time at the post office and sending emails. (Should not be my problem to chase my vendors shipper around to find my stuff) of course like it's standard these days, they got my money, do as little as possible to provide any customer satisfaction after the sale. It's the system! It's the system I say!!!!

11. CausticYarn

CausticYarn Well-Known Member

I know you many not be talking directly to me - but I manage supplier and internal quality in an injection molding place so supply chain interests me.

Interestingly enough the plastics supply chain hasn’t been affected at all aside from one special ordered resin compound we need. We have a 12 week lead time on it normally and get no quoted a lot lately if we need it outside our normal projections.

All our molds and machined parts we are ordering out of China get here in the quoted 16 week leads.

We really haven’t been affected at all except for one of our biggest customers shut down for a month due to their biggest costumer shutting down.

I get there are problems and really haven’t been complaining about anything I get personally that takes a long time to arrive. I ordered a baby tile saw from Harbor freight and it took 8 weeks to get to me - just bummed around my rocks with a diamond file and Dremel until it showed up.

I just found it funny that the first time I ordered the shoes they took 2 weeks to get here, and the return has taken months. Not really bent about it.

joec likes this.
  12. joec

joec brace yourself

other than one or two suppliers shutting down for just a few days in the early confusion of things, I've had zero issues getting anything for the shop. And I still cant get bathroom cleaner from the grocery.

13. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

So far I can still get my uniforms out here in the Middle East within a week.

14. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

Top four over the years:
    1.) In 2016 I went to the Post Office to get my mail that was held while I was away. In the bundle was 6 magazines from a subscription I had back in 1994.
    2.) I sent my taxes to my accountant overnight Priority Mail with signed receipt. I got the notification that they couldn't deliver it the next day, it took three days before they got it. Delivery was attempted at 6:45 AM.
    3.) A package was sent to me by Priority Mail from Illinois. It spent five days in California.
    4.) FedEx left a package on my doorstep addressed to Duxbury High School. I brought it to a shipping center down the street and attempted to leave it in their pick up bin. The girl insisted that they would deliver it back to my house.

joec likes this.
  15. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

If you talk to enough people, on a long enough timeline, you’ll find out everything is shit.

16. ck.mecha

ck.mecha Well-Known Member

Twice in the last few weeks I've had an issue with multi package shipments where one box show up a few days after the other. We're talking about similarly sized boxes shipped at the exact same time from and to the same location and they somehow the boxes from the same shipment do not show up at the same time. Once with USPS and once with UPS.

For some reason lately USPS has frequently had another issue with my Amazon packages - I will get a notification that the package was "undeliverable" and that I need to contact USPS to pick it up. I wait a day or two and they will deliver it. I've been told if your package is in the back, they're behind schedule, or just plain having a bad day they will key it in as "undeliverable" until it's convenient to deliver it so they don't get a knock on delivery times from Amazon.

Sent from my LM-V450 using Tapatalk

17. wiggeywackyo

wiggeywackyo Well-Known Member

All I hear is first world problems in here.....

joec and Evad101 like this.
  18. kaoyagi

kaoyagi Well-Known Member

Shipment from Sydney Australia went to San Francisco->Cincinnati->Taipei->Hong Kong->Cincinnati->Raleigh NC. Took a slight detour. upload_2020-6-29_6-59-12.png

19. YamahaRick

Just noticed the UPS app actually shows the location of the truck with your package. So it appears you can hunt it down if need be.

20. joec

joec brace yourself

Wow!!!!!