1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Realtor Calls

Discussion in 'General' started by j cal, Jan 28, 2020.

1. j cal

j cal Well-Known Member

My phone's blowing up with realtor calls saying that they're interested in helping me sell my house. Did a quick search and apparently this happens if my property gets removed from the MLS.

I'm not selling a house (that I'm aware of). Any advice? Am I being scammed?

2. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

Turn off your phone. This has gotten so bad that some states have enacted laws against it. Just what happens these days. For the most part, they are legit realtors subscribing to services that send out expired listing data. Some go a little further and use an auto-dialer. Cheapens the industry IMHO, but it is what it is at this point.

3. elvee

elvee Well-Known Member

Depending on where you are, a lot of realtors are looking or houses to list and are cold calling people in hot areas. There is a serious shortage of not-new construction on the market for a lot of the country. No houses mean realtors don’t have any product to sell. I get 10 to 15 calls a week from investor assholes who want to buy my rental property, and I get something in the mail almost weekly from a realtor that wants to list the house we live in.

4. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

There are triggers/alerts on the MLS registry that companies will connect into, which will drive those communications from them.

5. j cal

j cal Well-Known Member

What gets me is that all of the calls have just been within minutes from each other. As mentioned, something got triggered in MLS. Helped sell my parents house a few years ago, but not seeing any correlation in timing

6. Shocker

Shocker Well-Known Member

Somehow they are bypassing my phone and leaving these pre-recorded messages on my voicemail now.

7. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Im surprised they get phone signal from the bottom of the pond.

8. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Tell them you will sell if they have a buyer on the hook willing to pay double the appraised value.

9. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

“Operators are standing by” for the dump from the marketing company (MLS) selling a stash of data.

I got a phone call WHILE I was submitting an app for a DOT number. These telemarketers are ruthless and register just below animal abusers in my eyes.

10. dantheman

dantheman Yeah, it hurt.....

Every once in awhile I will be out scratching around in the yard and one will walk up asking if I'm thinking about selling my house. I always reply with "everything is always for sale". They come back with "well what are you looking for to get for your place?". I always go back with "no no no this isn't how this works. You tell me what you will give me for it and if you are close to the number I have in mind BAM sold". "I have a feeling the number is higher than I think". "You'd be correct, I think we are done here". And they walk off...

11. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Ive gotten so many calls on my house I rent in ATL area (very hot market right now) I won pick up a number I dont recognize. And if they leave a VM I blcok them. And I get texts as well. Block.

Ive accidentally picked up a few and tell them Im not interested in selling. the 2 days later same number calls. Block.

12. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

Auto dialers .. recapture .. big business. And frustrating to many.

13. Trae

Trae Member

More than likely, the agents have an area where homes are selling quick and are cold calling to drum up business. Spring market is in full swing where I am. We have systems that will allow us to put numbers into a program, record a message and it will bypass ringing your phone and go straight to your voicemail. Saves us the hassle of having to get hung up on 90% of the time, while still connecting with potentially even one seller client. Home and cell phone numbers are published in a system where I can find someone's number based off their address, but I have to check to ensure they are not on a "do-not call" list of some caliber before dialing.

Unfortunately there isn't much one can do to eliminate those calls. Kind of like the extended warranty calls as of late.

j cal likes this.
  14. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

I often contact those investors that mail cards or leave signs. Only got one to do a walk thru... who had the gall to wear a $10,000+ watch to the meeting...lol. The proceeds to low ball me a couple hundred gs...
    Turns out he wasnt even the money or serious enough to bring a contract... I gave out his # to folks looking for a good contractor.

15. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Gawd bless Bluetooth headsets!

Cocksuckers call me about my “google results” while I’m working, I get to keep working while wasting one of those wastes of organic material’s time bothering someone else.

They’re relentless, so getting pissed does nothing for you. Fuck with them, waste their time then block the (likely spoofed) number they call from and go about your day.

Sadly, with the auto warranty ones, I never get to waste anyone’s time. As soon as their live scammer gets on the phone, and begins asking me for my vehicle info and I ask which one they’re calling about, they hang up.

16. ChemGuy

@Steeltoe Ima need a map cause this dude sounds like a witch and we must burn him. I bet you weigh the same as a duck too...

:D

17. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Don’t you have your own sad and pathetic hate thread to monitor? :Poke: :Poke: ;)

18. ChemGuy

Toe...make that 2 maps.

pickled egg likes this.
  19. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

if you even look at your own house on zillow it triggers a lead that is sold to realtors. It's gotten so bad with all the info gathered about you on the internet that if you sneeze in your own home ads for tissues start popping up on google and facebook

20. Pete Busch

Pete Busch Active Member

Ugg, cold calling is the worst. I'm a home inspector in Minnesota and right now there are very few homes for sale and realtors will cold call to try to get someone to list. I'm not sure why you're getting flooded with calls but will just say the telemarketing biz has gone to complete shit. I get random computer calls DAILY and if I am in the mood to play with them I can't even get to an actual person to bitch at as though their computer system is not working.