1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Florida

Discussion in 'General' started by Dits, Jun 10, 2017.

1. samizx7

samizx7 Well-Known Member

i do a lot but the stuff I like is not here. There is couple mountain bike parks to enjoy , the closest dirt bike trails that are open to the public is 4 hours away from miami.

2. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

I don't go near Miami except on my way to Miami Beach. But I don't go near Atlanta either, or Detroit. Some things are just common sense lol.

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I want a hole in the wall bar on the water. Keys would work, or Sanibel or the like. Maybe even inland on a river. Just enough tourist business to cover the bills during the off season but more locals.

Wingnut likes this.
  4. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

My buddy has been piloting boats up the intercoastal all spring. Some cool bars along the way you'd never know about.

Wingnut likes this.
  5. BC

BC Well-Known Member

Check out L-Cross by Okeechobee.

6. samizx7

Bar hopping is not outdoor activity. Lol.

7. samizx7

Closed. Almost all gone. Miami MX is closing soon as well.

8. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

But you're gonna roll right by 'ridding season'???

9. Dits

Dits Will shit in your fort.

The key to living in Florida is to avoid Dade and Broward.

TurboBlew, omatter34 and samizx7 like this.
  10. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

That would be outrages! :confused:

11. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Isn't "ridding season" the period of time between March and May when the population halves and the median age drops 80%? :D

12. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

We had one in Marathon right next to our station...at the start of the 7 Mile Bridge. It would close every day from 5:30am until 6am to clean up. That gave us just enough time to take a shower before 6 o'clock revielle.

Chief would take one look at us and say, "goddammit, were you guys next door again!"

Joe Lopez likes this.
  13. HPPT

HPPT !!!

The part I quoted covered all of it. :D

14. vizsladog

vizsladog Well-Known Member

At least we arent like cali and full of libtard's. Here we can carry a gun. We have rual areas with rednecks and citys full of gangbangers

15. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Suicide much?

16. lizard84

lizard84 My “fuck it” list is lengthy

Marking 10 years of Florida beach life this year. Love it.
    Island life, check
    Boat, check
    Tiki hut close enough to crawl back from, check
    Awesome live music scene, check
    Festival season, check

I leave to travel northward for weddings & funerals if they are kind enough to die or get hitched in the summer.

17. Dits

Dits Will shit in your fort.

We lost a great one a few weeks ago to a fire. Hole in the wall sitting on the St. John's for decades.

http://www.florida-backroads-travel.com/shady-oak-restaurant.html

18. banzai132

banzai132 Oh shit! not again!

Try snow hill trails East of Orlando. There are trails a lil south of Ocala, Fort Lauderdale and Miami have them too. And some near the beach in Jacksonville. I think the trails in Gainesville are still there as well as some in Tallahassee.

19. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

I don't think I could handle the humidity.

20. lee955i

lee955i The Traveling Gnome

See, here's the thing. If you don't drink (I really don't), don't fish (Haven't swung a rod in 30 years.. just don't get it..), and don't swim well, then WTF is there. There is about 3 months of the year you can realistically ride with any comfort, if you don't mind going straight ahead, that is, and I have at least 2 near death experiences every time I do dare venture out on 2 wheels. I just really can't take the heat and humidity. It's completely draining... Now, if I could afford a place close to the ocean that wasn't surrounded by a bazillion people (especially the countless ignorant mother##ckers I constantly run in to here in the middle), then maybe, I could deal better. As it is, it really kinda sucks.