1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP | Catalunya | Spain | June 9 - June 11, 2017

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Jun 6, 2017.

1. banzai132

banzai132 Oh shit! not again!

Awesome!

2. Repo Man 32

Repo Man 32 Lifetime Member

The boys at Zook should just stick with what they know best...... :D

[​IMG]

gy999r, TX Joose, flyboy and 3 others like this.
  3. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Recalls?

Steeltoe likes this.
  4. Ra.Ge. Raptor

Ra.Ge. Raptor wanna_be_fast

5. Lee#144

Lee#144 Track Newbie

He brings up some good points, it looks like Ducati sometimes has the same issue in that the old bike can be a more competitive option than the new bike. Is there something that requires teams to use a new bike every year?

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

No, riders have gone back to older bikes many times.

7. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

MM did it a couple years ago, if I remember right. '14 chassis with '15 motor, or one year earlier on both.

Lee#144 likes this.
  8. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

That would be my only question, how would engine allotment be affected if you reverted back to previous gen?

9. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Don't they slap stickers on them at the beginning of the season?

10. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

Was I the only one surprised to see Lorenzo getting the duc sideways?

cha0s#242 and TX Joose like this.
  11. lee955i

lee955i The Traveling Gnome

The engines are sealed, and they're only allowed 2 fairing designs, but the chassis are open, I believe.

12. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

They're sealed (in whatever manner they seal them), but I'd suspect that the motors aren't necessarily going to be interchangeable from one generation chassis to another.

13. crazymofo

crazymofo Then i was like...Braaap!

its already been said that the 2017 engine does not fit in the 2016 chassis, so due to the engines being sealed/fixed they could not go back to the 2016 chassis even if they wanted to. Still surely cant be that hard to make a 2016 chassis with 2017 motor mounts :P

cheers.joe.

14. Phl218

Phl218 .

on suzukis, yes.

15. Lee#144

Lee#144 Track Newbie

Shit, forgot all about that. :beer:

16. Repo Man 32

Repo Man 32 Lifetime Member

Waaaay back in the early 90's Rainey ran the Harris chassis on the YZR500 for a few races till Yammie addressed the issues he was having with the factory frame....

17. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

Awesome weekend of racing.

Dovi stayed calm and pulled the pin when he needed to. Happy to see him winning and making that mental step.

When Lorenzo was passed and started dropping I thought, "well that's normal, once someone comes past him he just gives in". That was not the case! I haven't read any interviews but it seemed he just decided to save tires because damn he came on in the last few laps. There soon could be both red machines up front every weekend.

Marquez just ran away with Moto2. He wasn't going to be denied. Again, really good to see him getting his form and making the title chase tighter.

Mir!!!!!! Holy sh!t! What a last lap and what a pass for the win. Rider of the day for me. They also said he's on a 3 year with MVDS next year. Is Morbidelli moving to GP next year??

Phl218 likes this.
  18. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

They do and they also get pressure from the factory to develop the new. There is a balancing act. Sometimes they get a mid-year update that in reality was more of a reversion.

19. L8 Braker

L8 Braker 'Murica

For those that watched the race (I haven't yet but dont care about spoilers) did they use the new layout?

20. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

More like Dovi kept consistent while others slowed down due to their tires going off.