1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP | Catalunya | Spain | June 9 - June 11, 2017

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Jun 6, 2017.

1. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

And your point is ?

vizsladog likes this.
  2. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Melka could fix it. :D

vizsladog and Steeltoe like this.
  3. pickled egg

And a hearty "fuck yeah" to Petrucci, that kid always has that goofy smile on his face, nice to see him having some success. :bow:

Phl218 likes this.
  4. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

Probably that the tires suck, what did you think he meant??

turbulence and vizsladog like this.
  5. vizsladog

vizsladog Well-Known Member

Uh yeah. When most of the riders complain about the tires and mm crashes 4 times in one day its not hard to figure out the front tire is terrible

6. 418

418 Expert #59

I see what you're saying but at some point its the riders responsibility to ride to the limit of the tire. 4 crashes is a bit much.

Banditracer likes this.
  7. The tires suck or the tires suck the way that bike or the way they suit his style? They do seem to be very hit and miss with "improvements" as it seems they go a step back a lot.

8. pickled egg

I think a lot of the crashes can be attributed to the shitty track surface. When you're rolling at 130% over washboard, shit goan happen.

418 likes this.
  9. gixxernaut

gixxernaut Hold my beer & watch this

I'd never deign to advise a MotoGP rider how to go about his business and I'm sure all of them have their personal strategies. It seems to me just through observation that a part of Marc's success has been his willingness to take a few tumbles to figure out exactly where the limit is. On race day he's managed more often than not to skirt the ragged edge of the limit to a good result.

LilBabyGirl and Canadian Bacon like this.
  10. MotoGP1199

MotoGP1199 Well-Known Member

I want to see them push it to the limit and they should take some responsibility. However when many of the riders are saying the tires don't have feel and give way suddenly, it makes it hard to blame the riders 100%. It's one thing to push and feel them slide and not go any further its another thing to push and then just crash.

busa99 likes this.
  11. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Well, we knew the Michelin front was going to be the story of this year's season, so not too surprised to see them struggle with it here.

12. The Great One

The Great One Well-Known Member

I'm not defending the Michelin tires, as that is Melka's job, but I think at this specific track the surface is the bigger culprit. MM also had days when he crashed multiple times while racing Bridgestones, so that's not a fair assessment.

13. prospected

prospected Well-Known Member

I find it funny Lowes is suddenly critical of the Ape after rumors of them wanting to sever his contract have surfaced and Aleix qualified 5th. He'll be lucky to stay in GP period after this year

14. maine11204

maine11204 Well-Known Member

Perhaps I missed it, forgive me if I have, but can someone explain Rossi's qualifying position? From what i can see, his time should place him higher on the grid. Was he issued a penalty or someone.

15. HPPT

HPPT !!!

He didn't make it to Q2.

maine11204 likes this.
  16. MotoGP1199

It's because he missed the cut for Q1 I believe.
    \
    EDIT: HPPT beat me to it.

maine11204 likes this.
  17. gixxernaut

gixxernaut Hold my beer & watch this

Also they tossed all the FP1 and FP2 times because they reconfigured the track for FP3. FP3 was the only time that counted to get a free pass to Q2. FP4 never counts in that regard although it sounds like Rossi showed signs of improvement during that session.

Rossi just didn't get it done, plain and simple. It was dramatic though with Rossi having a chance to make the cut right down to the last second. As Maxwell Smart would say, "Missed it by that much."

18. aaronson

aaronson Well-Known Member

MotoGP1199 likes this.
  19. Phl218

Phl218 .

MM complained about
    The asymmetric front tire

vizsladog likes this.
  20. MotoGP1199