1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hillary Clinton to be charged

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by gixxerreese, Jan 6, 2016.

1. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Is that the next sure thing? Gotta give you props for never quitting.

2. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

Doyle, I wanna get your take... Bigger stain on the Presidential process - Bill Clinton, or his wife? :D

Shyster d'Oil likes this.
  3. Sacko DougK

Sacko DougK Well-Known Member

Well, the request for the perjury investigation was established about 5 minutes into the hearing yesterday, so yes. The fact that FBI did not look into FOIA concerning her server nor the 30,000 deleted emails came up towards the end, so yes. And the FBI's ever so subtle attempt to not say that the Clinton Foundation is still under investigation all but said yes. So.....Yes.

Edit: Sorry, I misread that. At this point, I cannot say anything would be a sure thing with her. Standing there with the murder weapon on hand and on video tape still wouldn't be a strong enough case for Comey and Lynch to indict her, much too risky.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2016
    XFBO likes this.
  4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Or enough people vote for a thirdto get it the money and support to get a viable candidate.

5. Shyster d'Oil

Shyster d'Oil Gerard Frommage

The only stain I know of was Bill's. Ask Monica about it. :D

6. Shyster d'Oil

Shyster d'Oil Gerard Frommage

The Clinton Foundation could provide fertile ground for proof of very real corruption. The DNC better pick HRC's running mate very carefully. ;)

7. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

I still think they will throw her under the bus at the last minute and replace her with someone like Biden, who won't have all the baggage and won't have to campaign.

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

They'll lose using Biden.

9. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

And yet Democrat primary turnout was down 20% and Republican turnout up 60%. Maybe you are selecting what the Republicans should think and do based upon the fact they are not the Democrats for who you will vote :Pop:

10. ton

ton Arf!

11. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

Huh?

Maybe you are yammering on about that which you know nothing. :Pop:

12. JTW

JTW Well-Known Member

Anyone consider that maybe Comey didn't bring charges because he knew it would be more difficult to result in a guilty verdict than perjury would be?

13. mfbRSV

mfbRSV Well-Known Member

14. Sacko DougK

Sacko DougK Well-Known Member

I don't think he loaded up Congress as much as he informed the American voter. The vote has far greater immediate repercussions than a trial and less public dissension. I agree that that he didn't want to be the Republican that charged Hillary during an election year. I think it all changed on the tarmac in Arizona when Bill and Lynch had their private meeting. Up until then, I think he was going to hand in his investigation as normal and let the DOJ decide. Of course Lynch wasn't going to charge and she was then going to bury the investigation. Comey did his job and she did hers, case closed and nothing can be done about it. After his tenure, Comey can tell everyone after how he felt and the evidence showed Hillary should have been charged, but it was Lynch's decision not to and he didn't say anything because it would not be appropriate for the head of he FBI to say such things.

However, that changed when Lynch and Bill were caught in a secret meeting red handed. There was no recourse. The only thing she and the DNC, could do, was to lay the decision at Comey's feet. I agree that he didn't want to be the Republican to bring her down. He probably got a lot of pressure on both sides through backdoor channels. Ultimately, his decision was going to be a historic one and would have tremendous impact on half of the population of the US. His remaining years at the FBI wouldn't matter and the FBI would carry that legacy forever. Now, he cannot put it on Lynch and he doesn't want the negative repercussions so what can he do? Punt to the voters, the biggest jury in the land. Give them the facts and let them decide in the upcoming election. Congress, as a secondary. However, with Congress there still has to be an investigation that would most likely run well into or end after the election (even worse for the US). They still have to go to the DOJ for prosecution, a DOJ that will still have Lynch as AG if Hillary wins. That will go no where. So, the voter is the best option to keep her from office. Then there is a much higher probability of getting an AG to prosecute her.
    Also, the Clinton Foundation is still under investigation. I feel, as Doyle has said as well, that this is just the appetizer. The main dish could very well be public corruption charges for both her and Bill. If that is the case, you must keep her out of office and the best chance there again is the voter.

One thing that does bother me though, why were they so myopic on what they were investigating? I mean, the perjury and FOIA are low hanging fruit. Why didn't they grab them??

15. pkaustin

pkaustin Well-Known Member

16. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

Do yopu think that getting LL out of the decision making chain of command was intentional? After all, Comey's white washing is so more effective. The only thing I'll add is there are no secrets in DC, Comey had to review his decision with FBI lawyers and aids, inspite of what he said.

17. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Never mind on the corrupt decision to not charge
    Why? I mean, I agree that he had to have had a confidant that he mulled the facts over with but why do you think he had to speak to "FBI attorneys" when he's the top [investigating] attorney of the land?

18. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

Comey's the top attorney? Huh. I would've given that title to the AG, personally, but whatever.

19. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

So the Director of the FBI is a spineless cunt who shies away from tough decisions?

I would probably want the head of the FBI to be made of a bit sterner stuff than that. But then look who he was appointed by...

20. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

This.

Though from a strategerical standpoint, his smartest move would have been to lay out the facts to the AG's office and forced them to make the decision. THEN when they failed to indict it would have doubled down on the appearance of corruption and Lynch's ample ass would be getting grilled on Capitol Hill.