1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

assault weapons ban of 2015

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by GRH, Dec 26, 2015.

1. STT-Rider

STT-Rider Well-Known Member

I don't open carry typically but when we ride horses I do and so does Bonnie. There are a couple of places where we will ride and then go in and have a pop or snack and one is a tourist stop, pretty funny to see the looks on al the libtards faces. A lady complained we made her and her family feel "uncomfortable" to which the owner replied "then leave"...

2. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

Of course most of you are aware that here in the Lone Star State we begin open carry today. I'm curious about how many people I will see carrying on the street the next time I venture out. I also have a prediction that of that total number of open carriers the number will be reduced by about 25% or so each month or so until we finally reach an equilibrium by the end of the year.

I have also heard several law enforcement officials, during interviews within the past 30 days or so, state that most of the enthusiastic advocates for open carry will eventually start attaching some intelligence to the rule concerning not advertising that you're a carrier of a weapon. It has to do with being an immediate target for a robber or attacker. Makes serious sense.

3. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Not really. Using that logic, the police are walking targets.
    Very few robbers or attackers are going to continue with their plans when they see armed persons.

4. Woofentino Pugr

Woofentino Pugr Well-Known Member

Wish more shop owners had the balls to say that to those idiots.

June-yer likes this.
  5. June-yer

June-yer Well-Known Member

That new bill has a lot more "features" than the Clinton bill could ever dream about. It is a real bad apple.
    I believe that they have these bills sitting on the shelf, ready to go, just in case an opportunity pops up. Oops, that was supposed to say "tragedy".

6. Pepsi Drinker

Pepsi Drinker Well-Known Member

I wonder how many of these "tragedies" are orchestrated in order to fuel the gun grabber bills, and take attention away from other shit the government is doing wrong.

7. JTW

JTW Well-Known Member

That's some true conspiracy shit right there. I love how some folks think that the government could pull off that type of coordination to cover up that type of conspiracy but yet the government can't even get the basics right. Yep that makes so much sense :rolleyes:

8. Pepsi Drinker

Some sum of cash and leave all the details to the perpetrator, with only general guidelines or even no guidelines....... Sounds like our government to me.

9. Chango

Chango Something clever!

That's a little too much conspiracy theory for me to swallow, and I've got a big mouth.

My biggest gripe with the government being in charge of anything else is the absolute incompetence demonstrated every time bureaucracy is added to anything. They managed to screw up Fast & Furious all by themselves, and you believe they could actually pull off something requiring even more coordination, planning, etc? I just don't see it.

Anyway, thanks to the Best Gun Salesman of the Century I just got back from buying my first AR. Now I get to go clean it and play with it. I admit I kind of hope he tries some stupid bullshit on Monday so I can sell my new toy for an idiotic profit...

10. Pepsi Drinker

You do not believe they would walk up to some known degenerate person and offer them a suitcase with a million dollars and point them in the direction of how they earned it....... or you do not want to believe they would go that far to push their agenda?????

There is a difference

11. HPPT

HPPT !!!

There must be some good shit in that Pepsi, man. :D

12. JTW

JTW Well-Known Member

Probably substituted for the original coke formula and I do mean original :D

HPPT likes this.
  13. HPPT

HPPT !!!

:D:D

14. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

It's probably true that any intelligent robber would turn around and look elsewhere for a softer target if he saw armed individuals inside an intended place to rob however, comparing a plain clothed individual to a uniformed police officer is not a good comparison. The police have always been walking around armed and it's most likely the uniform that does the deterring rather than the sidearm that he carries. The intelligent robber simply associates the uniform with someone that will definitely fight back and is usually also armed. The whole point of not openly carrying as a civilian is so that individual will not be given extra attention compared to anyone else in the vicinity.

15. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

LOL, while that kind of thing is highly unlikely stranger things have happened. I would give my left nut for the media, and then the public, to learn conclusively that it had happened. The anti-gun factions would never have any credibility again.

16. Booger

Booger Well-Known Member

Living here in Baltimore where it's open season on citizens, I would choose to open carry if we had the option. Of course we don't, since OC is illegal, and CCW is all but illegal, except for a very select few that are connected.

The cowardly thugs around here look for easy marks, which due to the liberal, victim culture that is in vogue, are easy to find. They know that not only are most folks not armed, but that they won't even put up a fight.

I would feel very safe open carrying here, and not worry a wit about being a target for robbery. These little punks would likely give a wide berth.

17. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

I wonder if it would be illegal to carry a flame thrower openly? :)

18. used2Bfast

used2Bfast Still healing

I'm doing my part. Built up yet another AR..
    [​IMG]
    ..and another coming together after that one..
    [​IMG]

19. Booger

Booger Well-Known Member

We are fortunate to still have Woody Williams alive. A WW2 Veteran that lives in W.Va., he is a Marine that fought on Iwo Jima.

As a flamethrower-carrying several gallons of petrol on his back-his life expectancy was measured in minutes once engaged in battle. Because of the devastation they were able to deliver, and the horrific manner in which they did so, flamethrowers were among the first Marines to be targeted by the enemy.

Woody not only lived through that pivotal battle, but was awarded the Medal of Honor for his actions on the island.

galloway840 likes this.
  20. SpeedyE

SpeedyE Experimental prototype, never meant for production

Used2B, me thinketh you have the largest collection/variations of any AR owner out there 8)
    What is your lower reciever of choice?
    I just bought a pile of bushmasters and a Anderson and some leftover RJF's.....plan on doing some builds....still collecting uppers/barrels, nothing fancy, just want to build some A1's, A2's and a couple M4's.....no fancy stuff, just standard GI parts.