1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hayden to WSBK on Aprilia RSV4

Discussion in 'General' started by G 97, Oct 2, 2015.

1. HRC-E.B.

HRC-E.B. Well-Known Member

The potential of the bike? I'd like to try whatever substance you're on! It's a 2008 design, going against models two-generations newer (and whose first gens already mopped the floor with the CBR, to boot!).

So what you're saying is that there is lots of potential in the Honda that Ten Kate just left there in their back pocket the whole time, deciding to forego winning with Rea while he was there, and save if for when Hayden would come along?

That's entertaining!

2. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

And yet, Guinters and MVDM have been able to put it on/near the podium a few times this year.

3. My thoughts exactly. I found that pretty comical also.

The damn thing hasn't changed in like 8 years. Potential? So they have just been dicking around for the past 8 years waiting for the right moment to release the Kraken? :crackup:

4. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Kraken? F@ck that, release the HRC. If those assclowns can make the RC45 a championship winning bike they sure as shit could turn the CBR into one.

All it'd take is bucks and a desire to do it.

5. HRC-E.B.

HRC-E.B. Well-Known Member

See, I would never mistake "near the podium a few times" for "competitive".

Case in point: Jonathan Rea. He actually "won a few times" on it. It was widely acknowledged by everyone, from other riders, to team personnel and knowledgeable reporters that Rea was riding that machine absolutely to the limit and beyond. His results vs every teammate he ever had (including some who were very successful on other bikes!) further proves this.

Yet, the minute he hopped on a truly competitive bike, he started winning with absolute ease and consistency, riding very much more within his means. That's a competitive motorcycle: one you can ride consistently in a zone where you can be consistent. The opposite of a genius like Stoner who was able to win on that POS 2008-2009-2010 Ducati, though not consistently, given how uncompetitive it was.

Do you think that Hayden is so much better as a rider than Rea that he can override the Honda to yet another level of performance beyond the bike's actual limit?

6. Even the great Moaner couldn't out qualify Yamaha and Kawisaki test riders when he rode the 1000 RR at Suzuka. :D

7. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Nicky might squeeze out a podium next year, but I don't see him winning a race, unless HRC opens their shops and their checkbook.

8. I think Nicky will win a race. Might be hard for him to contend for a championship though, unless HRC really steps it up.

9. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

Do I think it's a dominant bike in it's current form? No
    Do I think he's going to run the table in 2016? No
    Do I think he's a better rider than Rea? I don't know...he hasn't been on a superbike in a while.
    No one knows what's going to happen. I don't know if they're making better advancements in the electronics. I also don't know if they'll be focusing 100% on the current design or if they're going to be trying some things out that might be incorporated into the 2017 model. Guess we'll find out.

10. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

For all of you saying it's an 8 year old bike, you understand that Ten Kate doesn't use stock motorcycles, right?

The biggest advancements from the other OEM's have been in the electronics and engine. Superbikes aren't running stock electronics, engines, suspension, geometry, wheels, brakes, or much of anything else. Just because the bike has the same bodywork doesn't mean it doesn't evolve and improve every year.

11. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

Why must you? Why?:D

12. stangmx13

stangmx13 Well-Known Member

the factories have shown time and time again that they are better at developing electronics than private teams, even ones as large and skilled as Ten Kate. Ten Kate had to source their own fly-by-wire for that bike AND get the rules changed to allow them to run it. even if they were as good as the factories at development, they have had less time and are definitely behind.

13. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Because it's fun.

This shit is good for at least ten more pages that will invariably look identical to the last ten. :D

14. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

Or the first ten.:D

15. EngineNoO9

EngineNoO9 Well-Known Member

Model year and off the showroom capabilities mean very little when it comes to superbikes. Just look at how well the ZX10R does in the hands of one of the smaller teams for examples (as has been discussed earlier in this thread). Now it does help a lot with the series putting in more restrictions but if HRC starts helping out some, especially with a big name like Nicky on board, the bike's limits are likely untouched. A new bike in 2017 though could be a huge game changer though assuming Honda doesn't screw it up.

16. EngineNoO9

EngineNoO9 Well-Known Member

:eek: No way? Seriously?

Can't believe some people still don't get this...

17. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

The CBR is not even invited to Bike of the Year test by most magazines. It is obsolete.:D

18. HPPT

HPPT !!!

That's a nice speech, but the important thing is not whether or not you're improving. What matters is whether you're improving faster than your competition. If you started from behind and are only keeping up with their improvements, you're still behind.

19. Dude. Fix your posts-per-page.

20. No doubt. Neither is the Suzuki.