1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Learn me about Vegas

Discussion in 'General' started by Scotty87, Jul 12, 2015.

1. Another off-the-beaten-path place to visit is the Valley of Fire. It's a Nevada state park, 58 miles NE of the strip. It's absolutely stunning. There's been a bunch of movies shot there, and most of the desert motif/twisty roads car commercials are done there.

That said, it's never crowded and there are lots of cool things to see, including ancient petroglyphs carved into rock faces.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valley_of_Fire_State_Park

2. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Stratosphere is a horrible place to stay, let alone walk to from anywhere as Mongo said. Plus, the strip is north/south, not east/west.
    If you are bringing the wife, the Palazzo is a great place to stay. Nice rooms and a nice mall in the Palazzo/Venetian. But it is more at the north end of the strip - well, other than the way the eff up there Stratosphere. Caesar's is a good place with the wife as well for the same reasons (nice rooms, mall shops) but is more central.
    With the wife, the Eiffel tower at the Paris in the evening is nice. Go up there just before dusk and stay up there while the lights come on, see the Bellagio water show from above.
    There actually are plenty of things for a couple to do in Vegas, it isn't just a bachelor party place.
    As for Exotics Racing, I have done that 4 times now and it is always worth it.

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Southwest to Northeast :D

4. ianjoub

ianjoub Well-Known Member

Go see Jubilee!

5. Tickets just went on sale today.

6. SpeedyTide

SpeedyTide 'Bama's Bad Boy

I was quickly learning that! I was ready to start swinging bombs, or whatever :D, if I had to. Thankfully not.

7. SpeedyTide

I'd did a quick research when booking, and didn't find/see anything to not book it, but it was fairly cheap, so shoulda took that in consideration, but again.... I'm cheap. :D It didn't seem too bad while we were there, and didn't have any issues, but I'll remember for next time.

Really? Didn't know it was North/South. I was drunk at the time, so it didn't really matter. :crackup:

:stupid: .... That's better. :D

8. SpeedyTide

Only 3.75 miles from MGM Grand to Stratosphere. Not as far as I thought, but sure was while walking intoxicated.

9. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

+1 meeeeeellion

Bellagio, MGM, Aria, Caesar's (has the Forum mall; wife will go nuts and even as a guy it's fun to just walk around it) and my personal fave the Mirage.

Stratosphere's rooms made me think of a Holiday Inn. The Mirage's rooms look like the high-rise penthouses you always see in movies.

10. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Yea but being drunk and walking east-north-south-west, you probably walked 11 miles total:D

11. ianjoub

ianjoub Well-Known Member

Oh, another thing about Vegas. It is impossible to get social diseases. Fuck those hookers without worry. :crackup:

12. caferace

caferace No.

Wishful thinking on the adage "what happens in vegas stays in vegas." ;)

-jim

13. caferace

caferace No.

BTW, Scotty. Film Hangover III while you're there. :D

-jim

14. HPPT

HPPT !!!

The moon. We landed there!

15. caferace

caferace No.

n+1 then.

I don't do theatres. :D

-jim

16. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Neither do I. ;)

17. gt#179

gt#179 Dirt Dork

+2 or 3 or 4 on Fremont Street and the container area. if you are there at night, see if they'll fire up the praying mantis. you'll get it when you see it.

also hit up the Mob Museum. pretty cool and worth an hour or two or three there. Gives you some good history/background on LV.

hoover dam, red rocks, or north to Zion if you want to get outside and the weather is decent. I've been there when it was literally 120 degrees (even riding a friends Multi Strada felt like someone was holding a blow drier in your face on high/hot settings. at midnight.) and when it was 35 degrees. I think I'd take the cold over the heat. I know, it's a dry heat.

just about anywhere has excellent people watching. the later it gets the better the watching.

18. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

My wife & I wanted to be there on 07/07/07... but 06JUL07 we were there when LV tied its all time record high at 127. It was so hot my wife's fingernail polish began to curl & pull painfully at her fingernails.

We did manage to get in some science in the parking lot at the Luxor. Right in the middle of the uppermost floor there's a stop sign on a big steel plate base. I went back in ~2009 or 10 & you could still see the outline of the egg.

[​IMG]