1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mongo/Evelyn---Join AMA to race WERA???

Discussion in 'General' started by Robby-Bobby, Apr 25, 2015.

1. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Is there anything we can do as racers to change this?

I was kinda blindsided in the riders meeting as were several others.

Personally, I'll damn near stay with a WERA till the end, but I absolutely REFUSE to support AMA.

I have dealt with them as an amateur racer, pro racer, promoter and spectator and after many misdealings, shady practices, and just simply complicating processes, and don't get me started on the AHRMA debacle. I know bobe of that has anything to do with WERA, but we as racers already pay lots of money to become racers and adding another fee/cost seems unnecessary.

I for one am not happy.

2. 418

418 Expert #59

If you wanna race MA you're gonna have to be a AMA member too so I'm pretty sure it's a bit of a losing battle.

NWO.

3. simonburic

simonburic Runs Wide

More explanation please.

4. RFairbairn

RFairbairn Well-Known Member

5. Robby-Bobby

Emily gave us cliff notes at riders meeting.

To race WERA nationals, must be AMA member.

6. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

Must be something new. Wasn't that way at Roebling in March

7. thiagoleal23

thiagoleal23 Well-Known Member

I hope this is a joke....

8. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

You talking Road Atlanta or Tally? If Road Atlanta it shouldn't be a surprise... Hell I had to join just to get in Hot Pit..

9. joec

joec brace yourself

You dont have to be to run ama dirt track? Ahrma does it for some insurance crap i think.

10. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

I saw news of this years ago but never saw it in the rulebook. It's still not in there.

11. Robby-Bobby

Pro dirt track is DMG.

AHRMA hasn't been with AMA for years.

12. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

ASRA same thing

13. nantahala

nantahala Well-Known Member

Less expensive insurance more than likely.

Alternative is race fees go up (more).

$40 or $50 for competitor membership, or something like that, and includes towing your trailer also with roadside assistance.

14. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

I believe AHRMA's insurance price went down when they split with the AMA.

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

And for that DMG is AMA.

Yes, we are going with AMA sanction for our National Challenge Series. We feel the benefits to the sport as a whole and to our racers with what you get as an AMA member make it worthwhile.

I realize a lot of people have issues with AMA in Ohio but they shouldn't, they do way more good for all of us than the problems in the past.

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Actually our event insurance won't be through them but there are a lot of benefits to our riders, one I really like is the roadside assistance for anything you're in or on.

$49 is the fee for 12 months.

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

If it helps, look at it as we're charging more for a National license....

BTW - this all starts at NOLA and there will be press releases and the like. The announcement at Talladega was to let people know as soon as possible.

18. drop

drop Well-Known Member

Expert and novice or?????

And what is a national license? I'm not sure I understand what a national license is. Unless it is a new name for the expert license.

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Both Expert & Novice in National Challenge Series races. We have required it for a couple of years at VMD as well with no issues.

The National license was a joke about one way to justify it. We could make a new license for the Nationals like other have for pro events (and we have done in the past as well) and charge $49 more for it making it include an AMA membership but it'd be the same net effect.