1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Grom

Discussion in 'General' started by Gorilla George, Aug 9, 2014.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I doubt DJ Ricks' is superbike since he's been running it in CMRA all year. But he does have more time on it (and he's fast anyway).

One of the two out front on Sunday was running side by side with Dustin on Saturday so I doubt either was all that built.

2. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

At one point, Broome was providing a draft on the back straight for four other Groms. :D

3. I dunno. I just watched that video again and he had 10-15 bike lengths on us by T4....pushing his own air....and all of us were WOT the whole time. Maybe he just had different gearing.

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

:crackup:

I loved watching everyone trying to be super tucked in with one person in the pack sitting upright going just as fast :D

5. :crackup:

It is awesome when you get a double-draft and slingshot by; but then you get out of it and it sucks.

6. I think my BP might be better on the Grom than the big bike. :D The first time I touched my knee down I busted out laughing, shook the bike and almost lost the front. :crackup:

7. jeffr1ey

jeffr1ey Well-Known Member

good stuff! i'm with you on a general rule on the motor stuff. should keep that stock to make the racing close and fun. it can't be too exciting doing 50-60 on a big track all by yourself lol

8. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

Yeah his puts out 11.60 and mine puts out 11.20. BUT he has a LOT of time on his. Literally 3,000 miles in a month and a half and practically every weekend at a cart track. Plus he is fast.

He will pull me and I can't pass him on the interstate Look at the 2:23 part of this video. That is him on my right. But I also out weigh him by 25-30 pounds. His bike is CMRA Grom legal since that's why he bought it. Well besides the 40 one way commute to work at 100 a gallon. Mine has a Two Bros, chimera and a Uni Pod air filter.

Now, SUNDAY!?!?! That one Grom had a piston kit for sure. Put a Chimera intake on yours Chris and you will pick up .50hp.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOpAPhOh-yk&list=UUAvjswtZMtswWQZ2JO3-riw

EDIT!!! Oh and go look at DJ cheater boy's foot pegs going through Charlots!! Who uses the rear pegs!?!? Cheaters that's who!!! lol

Last edited: Oct 28, 2014
  9. :crackup:

I need to find that Akra header too. It was supposedly delivered and signed for 2 weeks ago, but i was out of the country.

I just want to get mine where it makes the same power that yalls does. I dont want to make more, because then it will start taking the fun out of it. There were about 5 of us with lap times within 1sec on Sunday and that shit was a blast.

The other mods are just because they are funny to me. Because we are all at WOT in 4th for 95% of the lap, with maybe 1-2 downshifts per lap, and rarely touch the brakes, the only mods that really affect lap times are power and suspension. Ive got the suspension sorted and hopefully that header will turn up.

10. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

Get the Chimera first. Cheap and a nice bit of kit actually.

Did Livengood tell you what it put out? He put it on the dyno yet? What is sad is that I wish I could make TWS just to race the Grom with CMRA lol

http://www.hardracing.com/ChimeraIntake.htm

11. Yeah he put it on the dyno. It makes just under 10hp. Like 9.8hp i think. That is with the stock header and no intake.

Im fixing to go ride mine around on the street and see if i cant piss some people off. :D

12. Dragginass

Dragginass Well-Known Member

Anniversary is over, and I have brownie points. Tires are coming and I'm going to smoke yall!

13. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

I hope my motor will just loosen up with time too, when I went out for practice on Saturday I had 75 miles on mine. :D

14. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

Haaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!! Hey, you have a Grom yet? Why don't ya? I know of a cheap one actualy. $2500

That STD? or SAE?

That is the other thing I think that makes DJ's quicker. His has 3000

15. Johnnygxr

Johnnygxr "Gravitational Expert"

Lol at you guys! I was told that the mini race is not the same without me in the mix for a good laugh! I had a blast out there and wished I could of had some fun with the groms. I think if Dustin was on that bike it go 10 seconds faster! :)

16. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

I laughed my ass off the entire time during that grom race. Good times fellows.

17. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

Def would go at least 10 seconds faster :D

You GOTTA get a Grom. THAT would be hilarious lol. We can even make a bike/ rider weight rule hahaha

18. BigBird

BigBird blah

Love the Sig :crackup:

19. PMooney Jr.

PMooney Jr. Chasing the Old Man

Shane is def gonna kick your ass man, I know how much power it makes :D

20. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

Next year, I'm going to lobby to run the Riders Discount Grom. :D