1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fans Choice TV

Discussion in 'General' started by 50Joe, Sep 13, 2014.

1. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

I'm on their site but can you tell when exactly the race times will start? I'll be watching some college football but will DVR that so I can catch the races.

2. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Everything on Fanschoice is live, so follow the race schedule. Might change a bit since the weather is looking very bleak at the moment for Saturday.

http://www.njmp.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/2014-AMA-Event-Schedule.pdf

3. Im getting mad as fuck at my TV. My TV has wifi and i can get on the internet, but all of the channels are preset. Meaning i can select from youtube, facebook, yahoo finance, yahoo sports, NetFlix, VuDu and shit like that, but there is no place for me to manually enter a website.

I can only go to the preset websites. I cant find a way to manually go to fanschoice on my TV. When i go to the wifi based input, there are about 10 different channels/sites at the bottom that i can scroll through and select. But there isnt any kind of "home" or "search" or "enter site address" or any kind of selection like that. I am about 5 seconds from throwing this fucking remote through the screen.

4. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

Connect a laptop to your tv using an hdmi cable or VGA cable. Like using your tv as a giant monitor.

5. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

I think a lot of "Smart TVs" are like that. I know my Vizio only has apps (Amazon, Netflix, Youtube, Hulu, etc) but no actual web browser.

To be honest it doesn't really matter because I tried on both the Xbox browser as well as the PS3 browser and neither of them seemed to be able to stream Fanschoice anyway.

Bummer, the PS3 used to be able to stream the BeIN live WSBK free broadcasts they did last year.

6. I shouldnt have to do that. This was the whole reason i got this damn wifi TV. I have got a headache from clinching my jaws so hard for so long. This thing has me mad as hell.

7. Brett A

Brett A Well-Known Member

AMA PRO app has the full schedule and live timing.

8. Mine is a Vizio and that is what i have going on. I can only do the preset shit. I had a 42" Plasma (non-wifi) in the bedroom but i moved it to another room and got this 50" Vizio and was all pumped about being able to watch fanschoice and youtube videos on it. And the motherfucker wont even do it. This piece of shit has to go.

9. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Well I wouldn't get too miffed about it to be honest Chris. Even if it did have a browser there is no guarantee that it would support the streaming video anyway. I just checked right now on my PS3's brewer and this is still what I get. It lets you load the page but it does not support streaming the live video anyway.

The only things I gotten it to work on are my laptop and my iPhone/iPad.

Attached Files:

10. jeffr1ey

jeffr1ey Well-Known Member

my samsung is the same way.. has the apps, but no browser really..

11. roy826ex

roy826ex Been around here a while

Hdmi cable from laptop to TV. Works like a charm on my Samsung. Its a smart tv as well with all that preset crap. I just make it easy, cable from laptop to TV.

12. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

So do you just want me to pm you my address? I'll pay shipping:D

13. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

I have a Visio smart tv as well. I bought an Apple TV and send ipad Content to the TV. Works great.

14. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Damn, some of y'all just don't pay attention! :rolleyes: Google Chromecast dongle ($29.95) and FREE software. I've been casting Fanschoice.tv and MotoGP from my office to the 50" LG since last season.

15. RossK6

RossK6 Grid Filler

+1 for Chromecast!

16. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

I found a DVI dongle and an HDMI adapter in my pile of connectors next yo the TV. MacBook successfully streaming to TV now :)

17. Black89

Black89 Well-Known Member

My Sony Bravia has a web browser app. However I hate the remote T9 entry so I just connect my work phone via HDMI out and watch everything that way. Have a book marked folder in the browser for all the live streams for wsbk, ama etc... so its fast to setup.

18. KovzR6

KovzR6 Well-Known Member

is anyone else getting a choppy feed? seems to keep stuttering? or is it just me?

19. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Just you, mine is about 95% smooth, a little flicker here and there but overall just fine.

20. gothicbeast

gothicbeast Back by court order

This event has the best coverage I have seen to date.