1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any watch lovers here????

Discussion in 'General' started by vizsladog, Jan 27, 2009.

1. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Service history, does it come with the box and the papers, the condition, etc. If the serial number is modified in ANY way, run away. *return policy* Is it all original or has something been replaced.

If you're new to preowned rolexs, as soon as you get it, take it over to an AD to have it verified. They might charge you a couple of bucks to open the back, check the serial number, etc, but that's money well spent.

Research the seller.

You're looking at GMTs, right?

2. borgy

borgy Well-Known Member

Daytona's too. Really like the Cosmograph, yet again, out of my grasp in the price category.

3. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Most of what I said above holds true for Daytonas.

Remember, there are a lot of fake daytonas out there.

4. borgy

borgy Well-Known Member

Yeah, really leery about pre-owned and buying online. Just have to keep my ears open I guess.

5. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

There are some great sellers. You just have to go into it with your eyes open.

I'm half looking for a pre owned GMT. :)

6. PATBAROK

PATBAROK I <3 Poontang

borgy-a couple of guys I purchased watches from in the past (from TRF) have a few gmt and gmt II's for sale, pm me if u want their #'s...

7. borgy

borgy Well-Known Member

It's a 42?

8. borgy

borgy Well-Known Member

Signed up for TRF, haven't been approved yet. Maybe i'm not good enough.

9. sbhockey

sbhockey Orange shirt #157

So I'm getting sick of having watch boxes lining the top of my dresser. Looking to pick up a nice display/storage case to hold about 12 watches. Any suggestions?

10. HenryZX6R

HenryZX6R Well-Known Member

Yup

11. borgy

borgy Well-Known Member

Squeezed the trigger on this today, only because they price matched jomashop.com

[​IMG]

12. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

That is pretty freakin' cool. :up:

13. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Neat, I like the Link series.

14. HenryZX6R

HenryZX6R Well-Known Member

Nice! I think I'm gonna keep the SO Abyss. Need to find a black/red strap for it though. The others that it came with are baby blue, olive drab w/ orange stripes, black rubber, baby blue, blue w/ silver stripes, black with grey stripes. And the stainless and rubber Breitling bracelet and strap. Kind of dig it on the black/grey right now

15. borgy

borgy Well-Known Member

Don't like the stainless bracelet?

16. borgy

borgy Well-Known Member

I wish I would have saw the Explorer II on TRF this morning before I picked this up. Maybe next year.

17. omatter34

omatter34 Well-Known Member

18. Sheik Abdul ben Falafel

Sheik Abdul ben Falafel Well-Known Member

I have the alcantara (in a few colors), the ostrich and the stingray...more detailed than The Strapsmith, more exotic looking, and cheaper.

He got the alcantaras to match the interiors of a couple of my cars...They were spot on.

He used to have a picture of my pam with the ostrich strap on his website.

I want to get a toad strap next....my stingray strap gets more compliments than the watch.

19. omatter34

omatter34 Well-Known Member

I was digging the stingray!

20. AJ

AJ Well-Known Member