1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

tally thoughts

Discussion in 'General' started by drop, Feb 23, 2014.

1. drop

drop Well-Known Member

I seen some of the best racing that I think I've ever seen at a wera race. The weather was absolutely amazing. Couldn't ask for better weather. Hope the few that crashed are all ok. Some beautiful bikes and great attendance I thought. Was soooo good to bed back, although it was just to turn wrenches.

T

2. mmfoor

mmfoor Team Stupid!

Seemed like a good turnout. I had to miss this afternoon's races. Hope someone posts up the best races and how come!
    I don't know who I want to win as I have too many friends out there!

3. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

Vosnick won A SB Expert
    Dean Woodruff won Senior MW Nov
    Huey got 2nd in Senior Expert MW?
    Clarence Randall won Senior HW Nov

4. kjohnson

kjohnson Axis

Some guy on a Ducati 899 Panigale didn't have his headlamps thoroughly covered.How did that pass tech?

5. Thought it was a well run weekend.. the racing clicked along great between classes, last race on Sunday just made sundown. The 10 lap sprints were more fun for sure. Good job and thanks WERA.

6. mmfoor

mmfoor Team Stupid!

None of us in tech would have passed that unless he slipped me a hunert dollas...

Or maybe it was getting dark....

Or perhaps.......

Seriously, the majority of the infractions were numbers. Some were way outside the rules. We let this first race be the warning to have it done right next time or no sticker; we gave no safety infractions a pass. So all you newbies: RTFRB!
    And most racers did an excellent job of bike prep making our job easy. The pink chain got my vote for the best work! And Joe B. for the best lookin' ride!:D

7. Huey130

Huey130 Chief wrench thrower

I'm not as tired as I thought I was going to be.
    I am way fatter and out of shape than I should be.
    I need to not freak when the rear lifts / backs under trail braking. I'm ok when it does it straight up and down.
    If you're going to go lock to lock over 60' with the throttle pinned to a high side on a scooter with a bald rear tire in the wet grass: do it in sight of a grand stand full of people during a race, with the announcer in the tower watching and making calls on you AND THEN low side it 50' later on the other side before you make it out of the field. :(

It was so awesome seeing everyone!!!!!!

8. roy826ex

roy826ex Been around here a while

I roasted two Michelin rear slicks since my bike thought we were at a drifting competition and not a roadrace. Definetely got a problem with it on the rear. I plan to address that with Thermosman today.

Other than that disaster I got two 3rds a 4th and I think a 5th. Didn't crash although I had some moments due to the lack of rear grip. Great weather, good people and it felt good to be there.

9. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

What a glorious weekend, weather was perfect, racing was fun and most of my sh*t actually worked. Great seeing everyone again.

Bike was probably turned off when he went through tech, there was tape on the headlights. It looked to me like there was only one layer of tape at the very top and the light was coming through the tape, everywhere else it was layered and blocking.

You and me both, I almost didn't fit in my leathers. Time for a diet adjustment and to get back in the gym.

10. Johnnygxr

Johnnygxr "Gravitational Expert"

It was an awesome weekend and a good turn out!! Good seeing everyone again. Had some great racing with Max on his honda! Wera did a great job with a smooth event. Don't sweat it Huey ill verify that grass is wet and slicker then Kurt Kessler's hat and sunglasses look!! :D

11. kman0066

kman0066 Well-Known Member

Got a bunch of last place finishes on the 1000, at least I helped some people earn contingency money by occupying space. Dropped a second in lap times, but I'm still so far away from everyone else. /sigh. Oh well, no crashes and a better lap time, can't be too sad about that I suppose.

Had a lot of fun in the 600 race though (C Superstock)! That was my race in the C class with my 600. I got to do a little back and forth racing which was really exciting. I might start focusing on this bike more now because it's more fun to be around others racing rather than just being blown away after the first 2 turns.

Looks like NOLA is next for me, see you guys there.

12. mmfoor

mmfoor Team Stupid!

Hey Kurt, did you chase down that gas leak? How was the E turnout?
    It hurts not participating but I was real comfortable helping out WERA. Great to see my family again!

13. roy826ex

roy826ex Been around here a while

Enjoyed racing with you in the A classes.:up:

14. Damn i wish i coulda been there. :(

Howcome the weekend isn't showing up on mylaps?

15. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

:crackup:

It got warm enough that I was wishing I had brought a summer hat, man it was nice this weekend.

One of the screws came out of one of the float bowls, replaced it and it was good to go. Guess I missed tightening one of them last weekend in between fixing the van, the 500, the 250 and everything else that went to crap.

E turnout was ok, 4 experts and about the same on the novices. None of the grids were really big, everyone that didn't come out missed an absolutely perfect weekend for racing.

16. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

Fun weekend and nice weather. We battled a few bike issues but enjoyed hanging out with our racetrack friends.

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

They don't have to be thoroughly covered. RTFRB :D Taping in the rulebook is to keep glass from going too far in the event of a crash, not to block light.

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Because Emily drove home last night and it hasn't been uploaded yet.

It doesn't magically upload with no internet connection. :Poke:

19. Red Fox Racing

Red Fox Racing Age is only a number

Kurt! THANK YOU!!! Big shout out to you! We really appreciate all the help with the new trailer. Oh, I still owe you money for the anti freeze. Dean from Integrity RV, thank you for you help chasing down a problem on the trailer. It was wonderful to see everyone, for those that didn't show up, weather was fantastic. See you guys at RRR.

20. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Why not??

The Broome World Indoor National Regional RoadRacing Championships were updated immediately until the founder got busted for illegal animal prostitution ring.

Can't you live up to Broome standards??