1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SuperBowl Ads

Discussion in 'General' started by ClemsonsR6, Feb 2, 2014.

1. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

He's not the only one, apparently there are a lot of people offended by that ad.

2. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I don't even know what commercial that Grand Wizard Lawn Dart and the rest of Hater Brigade are pissed about? :D

White power!

Yeap, WP makes some great suspension, your point? :D

3. When you Bamas and Tennesseans start speaking English, as opposed to the mumbled patois you actually use, you can complain about other people not speaking English. :Poke: :p

4. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Offended is a new team sport....

5. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

:crackup:

6. frackadelic

frackadelic Buddha Stalin is Chronic

Commercials were meh.

SSB with Renee Fleming = Awesome and classy

Halftime show = Even though I'm not a fan of pop music, I thought Bruno Mars did a stand up job. He has a good voice and it was a good show, not the typical talentless slutfest we are used to. Red Hot Chili Peppers could have used some more clothing though....maybe 20 years ago.

7. ACDNate

ACDNate Well-Known Member

At least the RHCP didn't come out in only a sock...

Had to google it but Flea and Anthony are both 51. Holy crap i'm getting old.

8. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

I love how people are pissed about the coke ad. I have been reading stuff all morning about English being the "official" language of the US. Ha. It is so funny when people get pissed off and start spouting horse shit about subjects they don't know. As for the ad itself, I thought it was pretty good. It showed that America is made of people from all parts of the world.

9. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Is anyone else still hugging Bruce Willis? :rolleyes:

The ads were essentially all "meh", with one exception. The braintrust behind the Ford Fusion commercials should be executed in the town square, subjected to a never-ending montage of those shitty commercials until they beg for death, then chained to the cars and ripped in half. Twice.

10. Joe Morris

Joe Morris Off The Reservation

And Audi gets off with nothing? I can't remember a good Audi commercial during the Superbowl. They range from odd to creepy.

11. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

Am I the only one that got excited at the Radio Shack ad, only to be let down at the end? The 80's called, they want their Radio Shack back? Hell yes! bring me back a Shack that actually has STUFF. Good raw frame speakers I can put into my own enclosure designs, circuit board etching materials and here's a crazy thought... RADIOS!

Oh, wait, no, they're rebranding as Best Buy light with an emphasis on crap that requires subscriptions. AKA full steam ahead with their current trajectory. Never mind. Alf, is there room in there for a passenger?

12. james walker

james walker beat down, broken & busted

game was sh@t, commercials were sh@t. i turned it off a little over half way thru and me and the kid watched DVR'd Dukes of Hazzard reruns.

+1 on the Coke bullsh@t too. :cool:

13. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

:rolleyes::D

I'm a Grand Wizard now? :crackup:

It wasn't a white thing, and I'm not even "upset" about it. I thought it was a weird way to use the song. I'll keep the rest of my thoughts to myself until this is moved to the dungeon, but I'll leave it at this - it was interesting to note that the part that mentions "God" was sung in English and not Farci, Arabic, Hindi, or any of the other languages.

14. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I'm pissed off at Audi for legitimate reasons, not a commercial with a dog that reminds me of Davie Stone.

Where's the f@ckin' A3 5 door with a 2.0t!?!? I don't want a sedan and I sure as shit don't want something called an E-tron. F@ckers!

15. james walker

james walker beat down, broken & busted

Dober-huahuas, b@tches!

it was the only one remotely worth a chuckle....and that was only after one attacked Sarah McLachlan :D

16. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Calm down there David Duke, we don't want you going all 'roid rage. You can have your coke jingle anyway you want. <patting a hulked up Chris on the head like you would a pissed off chihuahua> There there, it'll be all right, you still have your US flag (made in china) to wave and the south will rise again. :D

17. Joe Morris

Joe Morris Off The Reservation

:stupid: I mean what was the point of that commercial? Hey everybody, we're the same store we've been for the last few years. We don't offer any of the items that made us useful but it's easier to browse our disappointing selection than a big box store. We're like the Circle K of consumer electronics!
    :down:

18. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

I can't remember an Audi commercial. That's a good thing. It means they didn't annoy me so much that I took five pounds of Tannerite out to the driveway and sent mine into a low earth orbit (or at least across the street) :D

19. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

A sellout. :(

20. RubberChicken

RubberChicken PimpMasterT

It would be inaccurate to call you a racist for your post, since it was ignorant, not racist.

I think the song "America The Beautiful" should be sung in Algonquian, the language that was spoken on these shores when the Pilgrims stepped off the boat.

Some people really don't "get" the whole America as melting pot concept at all, do they?