1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SuperBowl Ads

Discussion in 'General' started by ClemsonsR6, Feb 2, 2014.

1. IrocRob

IrocRob Well-Known Member

Nope, not the only one...but I'm guessing there are just a few of us left.

I was in a local Radio Shack a few weeks ago to buy a relay for a
    heated grip installation. The store had been "renovated" again
    since my last visit so I asked the kid behind the counter where the
    relays are now. He replies with "Uh, what's a relay?"

Damn kids....:crackup:

Back on topic I chuckled at the Colbert pistachio head commercial.
    Just seemed so appropriate.

2. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

pistachio bit with Colbert was money. other than that, I only liked the Microsoft ad.

3. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

I immediately predicted that there would/will be, and I think we're all naïve if we don't acknowledge that this was their intent.

Would any of us have talked about a stupid Coke ad if people weren't offended?

I thought it was a dumb ad, but I don't care what language you sing in.

4. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

Doberman owners didn't think so. I understand that it was a joke, but I can appreciate the sensitivity people have when their dog breed is portrayed as aggressive and violent. I would liken it to a commercial that portrayed sportbikes as high-velocity death machines. Even as a joke, we wouldn't love it.

5. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

A bad case of broken butt over that ad? Then doberman owners need to lighten the f@ck up. What about the chihuahua owners? They going to get pissed too? What about acoustic guitar fans? Should they be pissed? What about causeheads? Shouldn't they be pissed about how they were portrayed? Fans of Sarah McLachlan? Chicks that carry dogs around in their purses?

Throw some suave on your ass rash.

6. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

They were all the same with the mute button on.