1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who would you put on the Attack Moto GP bike in 2014?

Discussion in 'General' started by regularguy, Jan 31, 2014.

1. Sundaydisco

Sundaydisco Crooks Racing

If the question is who would you like to see then Hayes would be my answer. He has history with the team, understands how to set a bike up and isn't hard on a bike. Also he as done well on the world stage when given the opportunity. Being a factory rider, this will never happen on that bike. That said, if I could pick out of non riding racers then Stoner is my first pick, with a healthy Spies as my second choice or maybe Troy Bayliss. But hell, I'd do it for free! :)

2. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Full fledged would have been 2012.

[​IMG]

3. racing+life

racing+life Well-Known Member

Ok, the question was, who would you put on the bike in 2014. Let's try and leave out all the guys already committed, since that are not available. All the retired guys are retired, so let's leave them retired. Who do we have?

4. lightning97

lightning97 Well-Known Member

Kyle Wyman.
    tim

5. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Elena Myers or Melissa Paris. They both have experience on MotoGP bikes.

6. stalemate27

stalemate27 Banned

This belongs here

You'd get the same result. Lots of press, little results.

Neither have any business actually testing a bike , hell young couldn't qualify on it so let's put some mid pack dsb girls on it and waste fuel and everyone's time and effort

:crackhead:

7. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

Sete Gibernau's "return" is all I need to see about what results happen when a well experience rider takes time off, then comes back to the MotoGP level.

8. pscook

pscook Well-Known Member

Brad Baker.

9. racing+life

Really? Ya think he is qualified to give imitate and useful feedback on a Moto GP bike? Or even a superbike?

10. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

:crackup::beer:

11. BigHeadzDC

BigHeadzDC One Track Wonder

Steve Rapp.

12. pscook

pscook Well-Known Member

Why not? I believe that flat track riders have done exceptionally well in the past, and even in the current. He obviously knows enough about motorcycle setup to translate what it is doing to what it should do.

All of the American GP Champs (and most of the SBK as well) started in flat track, right? Keep it going.

13. racing+life

How does the front end feel under heavy braking into a corner on a flat track bike?

14. pscook

pscook Well-Known Member

What type of rider needs to be on the bike? What development, if any, is necessary? What are the goals of the team? What ends need to be met to satisfy those goals? What is your budget, and what return is expected?

You asked a simple question, I gave a simple answer. I would like to see a flat track champ on the bike because I think it would be cool, plus the added popularity of Brad due to the Superprestigio event. I never said he would be the best development rider, I said that he knows enough about set up to provide feedback, and when asked the right questions he would provide enough info to get to the next phase.

Who do YOU want to see on the bike? And I don't care why you picked your rider, just who you would pick.

15. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Dirt track is a great learning tool for the bikes that have limited electronic aids, when the rear wheel is over yonder while the front is over here.

With all the gizmos, doohickies, GPS based traction control and gyroscopic anti virus software it's all about high corner speed and the wheels in perfect alignment. Get rid of the electronic aids, keep the HP and the grid would be 20 american dirt trackers bonered up for turn one and 6 Spaniards shitting their capris.

Back to the Attack bike: If it was mine I'd hire a fast rider who could development a paperclip into zombie killing shovel. 2 year deal, first year development and testing with a wild card or two for the US rounds. If that all worked out, year two would be racing for CRT cup wins. Year three would be fighting for the CRT championship.

16. Those talking about results, how do you define "results"? Do you honestly feel whoever rides the bike will be battling with Lorenzo and MM?

"Results" in this scenario would be developing a bike that is capable of qualifying, hopefully cracking the top 15 and bringing the bike home in one piece.

On equal machinery, I would put my money on somebody like Mladin, Hacking or Hayden as far as speed/lap times against any of the "young guns". Experience is obviously in favor of the veteran guys. And when you figure the bike will basically need to be developed from scratch, the veterans are obviously the better choice.

The only way a young guy makes sense is if you have a 2 man team. Have a Rapp or Mladin or Hacking to help develop the bike, then have 2 riders...one veteran and one young guy. I would bet the veteran would still finish higher in the race, but it would be a great learning experience for the younger guy.

17. frackadelic

frackadelic Buddha Stalin is Chronic

:clap::bow::crackup:

18. kanatuna

kanatuna You can't polish a turd..

Hopkins still available?

19. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

I think Marquez is ushering in an era of letting the bike slide around again. Seems about every five years or so the style switches IMHO. And dirt track is blowing up in Spain right now.

20. racesbikes

racesbikes WTB a Size 50/60 Race Suit

Alex Hoffman?