1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blake Young career lifeline?

Discussion in 'General' started by Rob P, Sep 18, 2013.

1. Steady T

Steady T Xaus Power

I can't remember, but does Hopkins (or Young) have experience at Magny Cours?

Camier is said to be out for that round, the following weekend.

2. caferace

caferace No.

You would not believe what email flak I got over that chat.

I just called him. He did most of the talking.

-jim

3. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

You have to a complete lunatic to email and bitch over that interview.

and when I say a lunatic I mean crazy (or stupid) enough to be banned from this dump.

4. caferace

caferace No.

Some people can't handle unadulterated honesty.

-jim

5. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Trying to hide the truth, That life is beautiful, and Life is pain, give it to me straight.

6. 418

418 Expert #59

You can say that again, the guy was brutal.

7. caferace

caferace No.

I wouldn't say that. I would just say honest. People get so used to candy-coated interviews that when they hear real life, what people really think and say when they're talking to people in the biz they're taken aback.

That's what you got. That is the real deal.

-jim

8. I wish all interviews were like that. Hell, i wish everybody was like that all the time in every day life. That is the good thing about working in the oilfield, it pretty much is like that all the time. You get the real deal, no sugar coating.

Which makes it really hard for me to adjust to "society" after a month out here. The majority of the general public doesnt know how to respond to brutal honesty. It is like, you either sugar coat shit or you are an asshole. I would rather be the asshole. :D

And the best part is that the majority of the upper management people also worked offshore at some point in their career. So you don't have to sugar coat stuff to them either. Like we were in a conference call discussing a big upcoming project with Chevron. They were on about my spending a couple mil and taking 12 days to do it. They started their argument with "we are thinking of allowing..." and i was like "hold on, because obviously you got confused somedamnwhere. At what point did my presentation sound like a question? I am not asking permission from any of you, i am telling you this is what it is".

Im bored and rambling. Anyway, my job rocks. :D

Last edited: Sep 21, 2013
  9. LukeLucky

LukeLucky Well-Known Member

As much as I like seeing an American on the bike at Laguna, I don't think there's much consideration after Laguna unless he wins or something ridiculous.

10. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

I usually stay away from the ju-ju, karma and jiggery-pokery-raising-the-ghoulies rot but I gotta say, mainly for Chaotic's entertainment:)D), dyslexia really kicks in when I read the title of this thread. To me, it asks...
    "Blake, your career failing?"
    :confused:
    I don't wish ill upon him but I'm not really a fan, either.
    If he fell down some stairs, I'd laugh. That's not all that telling about my opinion of him cuz I'd laugh at anyone falling down some stairs. Including myself, so don't anybody get all butt-hurt and bent out of shape cuz I find humor in tragedy.

11. bEeR

bEeR Hookers & Blow

That's definitely the problem with today's society. The entitlement that everyone thinks they've got is ridiculous, and thinking that everything is their way is definitely jaded.

12. Rob P

Rob P Well-Known Member

Day 1 in the books and Blake is sitting in 17th and has not qualified for superpole 3 yet. On on hand he is on a new team and a new bike with no set up, on the other hand he is on a GSXR and should know his way around the track. Curious what a scout would think at this point.

Other end of the spectrum are Eslick and Hayden who both ran very well in FP 1 and Eslick who finished 6th in FP2 (Hayden had an issue and didnt turn a lap) on bikes and teams they know very well. I'd like to think there are eyes on those two this weekend.

13. Steady T

Steady T Xaus Power

Unfortunately, Young did not qualify for superpole and will start from 17th.

14. Aaron71

Aaron71 BEEMER

That's Some Sad Shh right there...WOW!

:eek: + :confused: = :wow:

15. TrackStar

TrackStar www.trackstar1.com

On a spec tire they have never run. No set up before the weekend for the tires I'm guessing.

Props to them and their Team. :rock:

16. Vstate60

Vstate60 Jaspon&Armas, PA

So who owes me (air fence) the money???

Cough it up.

17. 418

418 Expert #59

Finished 12th ahead of Fabreeze, another stand in rider. Not bad.

18. banzai132

banzai132 Oh shit! not again!

Fabreeze! LOL

19. styles

styles The untrained eye

I'm just listening to it now. I think the fact that he criticized Blake so much before he had anything kind of good to say says a lot.

I guess Yoshimura Suzuki knew enough to not have kept him around. Word must travel around the paddock fast...

20. BC

BC Well-Known Member

He's in front of Eslick and smilin' like a mofo. :D