1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who wants to jet ski/boat to the Bahamas this year?

Discussion in 'General' started by 675AV8R, Apr 23, 2013.

1. 675AV8R

675AV8R Jetski Extraordinaire

Also, we've already got 1 boat confirmed.

2. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

I'm scouring craigslist...

Are waverunners fresh/saltwater dependent?

3. 675AV8R

Nope. Best choice is a newer one with closed-loop cooling but it's not a requirement. The lower the hours, the better. 4-strokes only.

*Edit* Oh yeah. 3 seaters are best for the ocean. 2 seaters will work but they don't ride as well in the waves.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2013
  4. 2Fer

2Fer Is good

Where is Chaotic? Surprised he isn't buying like 5 jet skis to do this on.

5. crazywolf450r

crazywolf450r Well-Known Member

:crackup: if he does, I got dibs on one of em

6. gpstar748

gpstar748 Well-Known Member

If you go to Bimini and can organize a ski for me to use then I may make a return appearance

;)

7. dale-505

dale-505 Ride Safe!

You are insane.

Remind me, did we have good or bad luck last time???

Arghhhh..... Why the hell...

:D

8. 675AV8R

Bimini is definitely the first stop this time. Lol. I'll see what I can do :up:

9. 675AV8R

Both? :D

10. gpstar748

I'd say a combination of good and bad luck!

11. Fencer

Fencer Well-Known Member

HMMMM, I have a 4 seat SUV.

I bought it at the end of last year and I have only tested it once.
    Maybe after I test its reliability a little more. But it is a 2 stroke

What speeds did you travel? My SUV will do 48mph

12. 675AV8R

We were running probably 30-35 indicated most of the way over, kicked up to WOT once we headed to the resort. Headed back we were down around 20 until we had to tow.

13. Aberk

Aberk Well-Known Member

I'm trying to take my fiance in to this. I'll probably lose, but I have to try!

14. Shyster d'Oil

Shyster d'Oil Gerard Frommage

Does it matter if I've only ridden a jet ski once, 15 years ago?

I do float well, you know, just in case.

15. kangasj

kangasj Banned

Holy shit, Nassau Exumas or Andros and only 4-5 days? Pretty damn ambitious. Just getting to Nassau is around a 180 mile trip one way and the run from Bimini to Nassau is over 120 miles, probably over your range for a jet ski. Would you stop in Chub Key for fuel or what?

16. 675AV8R

I didn't necessarily mean all of those places, just throwing out the area I'd like to go to. We could stay in Bimini and that'd be cool. My ultimate trip would be something like Miami - Bimini - Andros - Nassau - Exuma. Totally depends on how long we want to go and where everyone else wants to go. Using Google Earth I'm seeing 140 miles for Maimi - Andros. It could be done in 1 day, but that would be a lot of seat time and realistically that should be 2 days. Andros - Nassau - Exuma, maybe Norman's Cay, could easily be done in 1 day, it's only 90 miles total.

And yes Brandon, I made sure that is statute miles :eek:

Last edited: Apr 24, 2013
  17. Kendall

Kendall Well-Known Member

I would say Miami to Bimini is a great trip and a lot less stressful if you have decent seas in the Gulf. Trying to get to Nassau, Staniel Cay etc. is pushing it....you will be riding the whole time. Don't forget the tongue of the ocean can get fierce for any size boat when rounding the point towards open ocean and Nassau.

What broke on the one jet ski last time?

Check out the Tampa Bay Crew on youtube (Kevin and Lori I believe). They have a good video of them going all the way from Miami to Chub (I think it was Chub) in one day on Sea Doo's.

For any of you on the fence....this adventure is an awesome trip if planned correctly and safety precautions taken.

18. 675AV8R

Great info. I've been looking up info on the Tongue to see what to expect there.

Corroded battery terminals.

Yep, those are some of the videos we watched before the last trip that led to us going. Pretty much every youtube video that dealt with jet skis and the Bahamas was watched :crackup:

We're definitely planning this one WAY better than last year :cool:

19. gpstar748

wait, our trip last year wasn't planned correctly?!?

I was sure when we showed up and rented jet skis from a real life pirate that we had planned correctly and taken all safety precautions!

20. 675AV8R

Inorite?!

And clearly that stopped you from going :crackup: