1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any news on Morris?

Discussion in 'General' started by tiggen, Oct 7, 2012.

1. gixxernaut

gixxernaut Hold my beer & watch this

Too much guitar, not enough tuba. Get well Morris, those breathing treatments aren't fun but you got to do 'em.

2. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

Dang that has to suck. We're pulling for ya!

3. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Few things are more disappointing than getting a release from ICU postponed. Hang in there.

4. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Morris Foor: Badass!

wOOt! We got us some good news.
    I just spoke with Kathy, and the report is really a turning point.

Morris was on the CPAP for about 36 hours, and it really allowed him to rest and get his lungs working. He is now off the mask and feeling a ton better.
    The neurologist has basically cleared him of any brain function issues. He is sharp, able to hold detailed conversations, and has been able to recognize and remember some friends from old times in the music business that he had not seen in quite a while. While he was sleeping when I called, I told Kathy to get him ready with some classic yiddish cuss words, because my vocabulary needs expanding. :up: Can't wait to speak to him direct and give him sh@t about the POS EX, and for giving us all a scare.

Other stuff: Today he had a good breakfast and a good good solid lunch. He is expected to be released from ICU tomorrow and discharged to home care on Monday or Tuesday.

As he has no short-term disability, and it will be a while for physical recovery (and his job drumming is pretty physical in itself) it appears he will be not working (and hence without a paycheck) for a couple months. Given that, We'd like to kick-start some fundraising to help the Foor's get through the Fall. Way back on page 6 or so there was talk of a t-shirt idea, so lets get going on that. I will also work with Bill to set up some sort of charity account for folks to kick down if inclined. Stay tuned.

Don't know about you, but my Friday just got a whole lot better. :beer:

5. SmokeSignalRT

SmokeSignalRT Fat Member

Awesome, let me know what you set up. Im willing to help.

6. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Woohooo!!!!

7. wrwicky

wrwicky The Slow Monkey

Yes!

Good Job! I'll call today

8. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

Kickass news!!!

9. Hammer 4

Hammer 4 Can't Touch This

Great news.....:up:

10. High Side

High Side When you see God....brake

That is good news. Glad to hear he is getting better by the minute. Let me know the t-shirts are up and running. Wife has been telling me to buy some new clothes.

11. bitchcakes

bitchcakes reluctant member

About ready for an mmfoor post it sounds like. :up: This is really good news.

12. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

Here's his post in the GNF thread..

Today, 02:31 AM
    mmfoor
    just another Yo Join Date: Jan 2003

Best of luck my good friends. May not b out of the hospital but thoughts are with u all.
    WERA EX #14

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mongo
    No.

13. AFM555

AFM555 The Surf Monkey

I like me some t-shirts. :) Way to go Morris

14. wrwicky

wrwicky The Slow Monkey

Pretty Good Day

Morris is doing well(ish) regarding everything except his ribs and lungs today. And they're broken/partially filled but not scary. The complications will probably mean one more day with the great folks at the AMC ICU.

He is taking visitors (a few) and Kathy sounded like she was really keeping it all together well. Good Job Team Foor! I'm proud to know you.

We'll continue to root, pray, stay positive, whatever. Hell, I'd piss on a spark plug if I thought it'd do any good.

Be well, hug a loved one, stay focused,

Wicky

15. DaveB

DaveB Just Riding Around

Glad to see the good reports coming! Keep on fighting Morris!!

16. kanatuna

kanatuna You can't polish a turd..

Morris in beast mode. Great news.

17. L8RSK8R

L8RSK8R Well-Known Member

No T-shirt needed, gimme an email address to send a few $$'s.

18. motorbykemike

motorbykemike beer snob

19. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

Bad ass!!

20. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

Morris, Ima guessing that there are a few like me who have not had the pleasure of meeting you....but check this thread everyday hoping for your speedy recovery. GWS!