1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yates Performance since coming back

Discussion in 'General' started by cgordon3, Oct 8, 2012.

1. stalemate27

stalemate27 Banned

6'1" and 170# is what his bio says ....

2. vonstallin

vonstallin Я - Ребенок Люциферов

yeah, always been a fan. have his signature from the VIR round in 07 I think on the Jordan Suzuki.

I hope he is able to race full time for a few more years...mos def the personality and mental competition needed on the grid.

3. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

Damn. When I was 165lbs at 5'9" I was a toothpick. Course I'm a fatty now. :down:

4. drebv4

drebv4 Well-Known Member

Except when he's riding endurance with BE & Co. Where's that pic from Road Atlanta? Ha!

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Well, small is relative :crackup:

6. John29

John29 Road racing since 1973

Aaron was, is and always will be a complete bad-ass!

Go Aaron!

7. apexspeed

apexspeed Well-Known Member

those skills of AY are beyond natural talent.. seen it many times up close on supermotos. seen a few other greats aswell too and those have been impressive but havnt left the same WTF!!! in absolute shock kinda way this guy has. to me anyway.. YIKES is right! some of y'all know what Im talking about..

why he wasnt able to serve MM the much needed Pie he so obviously deserved? allways wanted to ask him about that but I know it has to be a touchy subject for him (would be for me) so never had the nerve to.

all things being equal durring those days? hmmm.. guess we will never know since MM retired, but not AY and out of the current crop of AMA Pros Id put my money on FTW, AY20 is The Man.

AY JR seems to be well on that way too.

8. Roger@Arroyo

Roger@Arroyo Well-Known Member

That's funny, when I met him he was smaller than I'd imagined.

9. cgordon3

cgordon3 I need a new bike...

Either way, he can do things on a Superbike that even all but a few of the current crop of riders struggle with..

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yeah he's not all that big overall, just compared to some of the bikes and a lot of the other Pro riders.

11. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Don't know man, he is pretty darn large. :D

12. Cawk Star

Cawk Star Well-Known Member

Double A just never got on the cycling & PED train that most of the boys did:crackup::eek::wow:

He is a tall dude. One of the big name riders that can definitely drink:beer: too!

13. BrianC636

BrianC636 Well-Known Member

LOL...no I'm a toothpick

5'9" and right at 145.

14. Renaissance man

Renaissance man Well-Known Member

Evan and Phil are very knowledgable and some of the hardest working guys in the paddock. I wish they had a weekend to have Yates just setup the bike...I am sure they would be able to get him on the box. Echoing what Geoff said, Evan and Phil said they never worked with a rider more knowledgeable than A Yates.

Regardless, guys like Yates, Bostrom, Hacking, etc. bring in more fans than these "young guys" IMO. Anything we can do to get them back out here...is a good thing.

15. cgordon3

At 6'4" I have to look down at all the racers. They all look kinda small to me.

I remember standing next to Rapp, Pegram, Chaz Davies, at Barber one year.... and I thought to myself, how small most of them are. (I know Chaz is taller, but still he only weighs like a buck 20)...:crackup:

16. cgordon3

Same thing when I was helping some guys at the WERA rounds...Keith Marshall, and Gio Rojas come to mind.

17. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Down at Davies? That dude is a tall mofo. :D

Peeeeeeegravel? Can't remember anything past the size of his nose and eyebrows to remember how tall he is. :D He's like a really really white Humpty Hump.

18. GrayGhost

GrayGhost Well-Known Member

Its funny how small all these guys are beginning to be ( reminds me of my drag racing years with AMA) . People talk about if Westby was smaller etc etc and when I passed him at NOLA all I could think about was how small he already is.

19. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Starting to be? And f@ck you, I'm not short, I'm single serving bite size. :D

20. GrayGhost

GrayGhost Well-Known Member

I'm 5'7" , I feel you