New to WERA and Vantage Racing.

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by NickF, Sep 10, 2012.

1. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

:stupid:

They have the advantage of having an international flavour to their contingent.

#156 Well-Known Member

I take my wife to every race. We usually get a motel room. I'm planning on going to summit next friday. You should come spectate.

3. charles

charles The Transporter

Be nice Jim, this here is a new guy reading all of this.

4. charles

charles The Transporter

We bring as many women as we can fit into our vehicles. I suggest you do the same. About where to stay, we get so giddy with excitement being around the vintage bikes and all, that we don't really sleep anyway so no worry about that issue. Everyone stays up all night carrying on, even the old guys like Jim Hinshaw...

5. CharlieY

CharlieY Well-Known Member

HEY!....we have our token Brit, Bennett :up:....and besides, your ugly Scudder!:Poke: ...you and Bowie cancel each other out :D..... you are still dis-advantaged cuz you hang out with Moore! :rolleyes:

You wanna play the international card Robin?....OK...well, we have Jack...he's from a whole other planet!...so there! Hummmfff.;)...as you know, he is an individual.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2012
  6. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

Have you met Samir yet?:D

7. 70yamahaR5

70yamahaR5 Well-Known Member

Charles, et al., aren't you forgetting your manners?

There is the requisite schooling on cornering low and giant hamPsters.

First things first.

As Jesus said (Gonzalez, not the Son of God), "Give a man a race bike and he'll crash today. But teach a man to race and he'll throw good money after bad."

Go in peace and seize no more, my son.

8. Duck150

Duck150 Well-Known Member

Well....we will just have a beer drinking contest to see who the real abby normal people are.......and Wayne will supply the beer........

9. NickF

NickF Member

you guys are funny and sound like a crowd i can stand to be around :up:
    im guessing most of u are over 30 and have been racing a while, i hope u don't mind a 25 year old joining in on the fun sometime. I don't drink to much but ether way this is racing thing is sounding better and better. I might try to come to the next race but idk we will see how it works out. you guys sound like a blast to hang around.:beer:

10. mmfoor

mmfoor Team Stupid!

Hey, I'm cool but all the other old vintage farts are are an odd lot. The V4 champ calls em all wankers...

11. CharlieY

Ahhh...secert weapon huh?

Lets just not let this degrade into something like laptimes....cuz then Bowie wins and we ALL never hear the end of it, K :)

Nick, John Cook (Boogiesg) is close to your age. He just started running his Honda 350 a couple years ago.....and Walker THINKS he's your age... Get that thing together. Come on out to a race.

..And, I never knew Rick was a philosofer, thats pretty good!

...AND Morris mmfoor....yeah, its just us. :) he's perfectly normal...move along, nothing to see here. :)

12. Norton#357

Norton#357 Well-Known Member

Nick,
    You may not drink much now....but hanging around this crowd may require a little snort from time to time.:)
    Just remember to put the cheap beer that you don't drink on top of your cooler so the moochers don't find your good stuff in the bottom. Works for me.

And remember... some of us old farts were your age once and remember what it was like....kinda.

Come on out and bring the wife, I plan to bring my wife to all the races I run next year and she is looking forward to it...... and besides she kinda likes that Charlie dude.... not sure why though.:confused:

You will have fun!

13. Moore007

Moore007 Well-Known Member

Tell Bowie to check his " Thruxton " times and see the reaction, talk about the cryin'...............and bitchin'................and namecallin'...........

14. Duck150

Duck150 Well-Known Member

007....your a funny man..................................

#156 Well-Known Member

Negative on me supplying. I,m poor.:D

16. CharlieY

I wondered why Bowie sold that bike. :) ..he used the excuse (to us anyhow) of having to buy a car for his son....its always nice when the real story comes out on the BBS!

And James (Nor357), its an unexplained phenomenon. Even I dont know why it happens....if I did, I'd have started using it like decades ago!!! :) ....say hey to gigi.....AND....I know you've been away from the track for awhile, but even Bowie learned to dig deep in the cooler...I know, I know, hard to believe but it happened.

No beer is safe, cheap or other.....lets not mention that other cooler locked in the truck, K? :)

17. Moore007

Moore007 Well-Known Member

what color truck????:clap:

18. layback

layback Active Member

You guys do sound fun to hang around with, and I'm coming to Summit this weekend to start racing again. I don't have a vintage bike, well almost it's a 04, but I'm a bit of a vintage rider being over 50. So maybe I could hang out with you all. :)
    Chris Martone #590

19. CharlieY

Hey Chris, I dont know any of us going to Summit...but I hear the Vintage guys up there have a good time too.:up:

I was heading up there with John Cook, but had to cancel yesterday....I've never been to summit, but plan on it in the future.

Have fun.:up:

20. PoundPuppyRacin

PoundPuppyRacin Pound Puppy Racing

Pound Puppy Racin

My wife and I both race in 350GP. Best motor mod is a teflon cam chain slipper. The KH1200 jet kit from Keyster has all the good stuff for a 350GP bike with stock carbs. You can get them from Sirius Consolidated, also stock pistons up to 1mm over. Cheap Jack should chime in soon, they are his sponsor. Conti Road Attack 2's are the bomb, ask Footwork about them. If you are going to use the stock front brake hub, then Ferodo shoes work well. Mike Morris of Vintage Brake has them. Don't forget a steering damper, they are required. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask. Come on down to Barber, there will be a bunch of 350GP's in the paddock, and some beer. If you don't drink beer, that's OK. More for me and Doug.