1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So when is Ben Spies gonna spill the beans?

Discussion in 'General' started by track wagon, Sep 4, 2012.

1. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

2nd thought of the day... How's that Pramac green gonna look with Carolina blue? he's gonna need to hire the dudes from Queer Eye.... Or Cannoli. :D

2. crepitus

crepitus I gots nuthin

3. motorbykemike

motorbykemike beer snob

this just in :

ducati gears up to sell even more t-shirts !

4. HadBen

HadBen Well-Known Member

How do you know that?

5. Mblashfield

Mblashfield Well-Known Member

Spiesolli

6. KovzR6

KovzR6 Well-Known Member

i just hope he has a problem free season. that would be a good starting point.

7. motorbykemike

motorbykemike beer snob

wurd

8. Mblashfield

Mblashfield Well-Known Member

Isn't the Internet special?

9. nikk777

nikk777 Well-Known Member

and bikes!!! stateside...

10. motorbykemike

motorbykemike beer snob

i'd be real tempted to get a pramac/spies edition

11. Cawk Star

Cawk Star Well-Known Member

HadBen,

Please tell me you guys were sitting by the computer waiting to see the reaction on here:)

12. cgordon3

cgordon3 I need a new bike...

LOL...:crackup:

That Ducati is going to be a challenge for sure. 4 good riders though...Hyden, Spies, Dovi, and Iannone...

2013 is going to be a make or break year for Ducati / Audi I think

1 year contract?

13. Repo Man

Repo Man 50 years of Yamaha GP!!

Well... I guess I'm happy for him??? :confused:

14. HighWay

HighWay Well-Known Member

15. HadBen

HadBen Well-Known Member

I was.

16. onepointone

onepointone Well-Known Member

My thoughts exactly. I am not him, I dont know him personally, and I'm sure there are more things behind the scenes that went into that decision. Having said that, I dont think it was a wise choice either. I think the best rumor all silly season was him on the factory BMW in WorldSBK.

I remember when he had the wild card rides on the Suzuki GP bike when he was still racing AMA. He made a comment at one point that he wasn't going to race on a bike that couldn't win races. I guess that has changed.

You can say hes going to be on factory equipment all you want, but you know the factory team isn't going to want to see its satelite riders finishing on the box ahead of them. I am sure that has been sour for Yamaha to watch Dovi consistantly finish on top of Ben this season.

Hope it works out for him.. :(

17. r6racer75

r6racer75 Well-Known Member

I think next year is a discovery year for Ducati. Everyone is going to get the same stuff, the chips are going to be thrown up in to the air and we will see where they land. Lets face it, all of these riders are good-not great-good by gp standards. No aliens in this group. So who ever rises to the top will be given the best 2014 option. IMO Nicky is the one with the most pressure on him.

18. ahrma_581

ahrma_581 Well-Known Member

Tthey should be gearing up to dump the 90 degree engine...

19. madkaw

madkaw Meh...

Maybe the Ducatis are better suited for American riders? Or Spies lost a bet.

20. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I'm stoked.