1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

new classifieds successful?

Discussion in 'General' started by goodmatt78, Feb 5, 2012.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Sorry but I'm not going to discuss specifics, just leave it at more than this site brings in with the banner ads and more than Riders Discount pays in sponsorship per year. Not huge money but more than enough for me to call it a success even with all the bitchy girls not using it.

Best part - all those whining, were the same type of people who were so damned demanding and a pain in the ass with the free ones on here. As usual the minority of the users took up the vas majority of our time. Now all I have to fix is issues when paypal and the site don't communicate properly. If it's been longer than 3 or so days before I can get to fixing it I post the ad and refund the payment.

2. Marc Camp

Marc Camp Well-Known Member

Every site on the web?Ok man your little world i just live in it.I could list dozens of sites that don't but whats the piont.Good night.

3. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Is the new site perfect? Nope.

But it's much cleaner, has less spam and works faser than the "old" area. Plus it makes WERA a couple of bucks.

I like it.

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Every site on the web what? Are you even reading what I say before you get your panties all bunched up? Good fucking lord, why do people have to act like little bitches just because I disagree with them?

Just because I know you'll still keep reading - I said every site on the web is not for everyone. Um, seriously, how the hell can you argue that? It's like saying the sky is blue and water is wet and the pope shits in the woods!

5. Shyster d'Oil

Shyster d'Oil Gerard Frommage

The first Q was almost rhetorical, but the general point that occurred to me was that a sponsored classified forum might produce about the same or even more revenue than the small income from each of many individual ads, with far less headache.

I do miss the old free ad system. At least the DaveK side of my brain did. :D

6. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

The old site made others A LOT of money but made WERA nothing. The new site makes WERA enough to pay it's bills.

Got a problem with that? :)

7. Marc Camp

Marc Camp Well-Known Member

No, every site on the web is not for everyone.I get it mongo.

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The work was more, the hassles higher, the income nonexistent. There really is nothing from our POV that is a downside to the new classifieds.

9. Shyster d'Oil

What?

10. Shyster d'Oil

Got it.

11. JT252

JT252 Well-Known Member

sold my bike in 3 days using the new classifieds....i like it......didnt get anything from craigslist or ebay

12. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

What don't you grasp?

13. Keep Up

Keep Up N 142

Done and done (2 emails, one forwarding my paypal receipt.)

14. Game

Game zip tie master

Hasn't worked for me. Wasted 30 on it.

15. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

Marc, you shouldnt post when drinking.

16. RubberChicken

RubberChicken PimpMasterT

I like the FB updates.That lets me keep up with what is going on there. I've fowarded several posts to non-WERA guys who were looking for stuff that I saw listed, I know at least one guy bought a bike after I sent him the link.

I haven't bought from it, but that's just because I'm broke as a joke and have all the equipment I need right now. When I get ready to sell or buy racing stuff, I'll use the WERA site.

It's just different from the old classifieds, that's all. Lots of things in life change. Pull on your big girl panties and adjust.

17. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

I've got some dirty diapers I'd like to sell. Do I have to have a separate ad for each one, or can Doyle buy them all from one ad? :D

18. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I like it. Now if I could just figure out what to price things so they'll sell quickly (but I won't lose money) I'll be set.

It's much better than the raping you take on ebay nowadays.

19. Slim pickins compared to the old sale section, but I understand the reasoning behind the switch.

20. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Yes, but two big pluses.

1. You don't get lost in the shuffle. On the old one, your ad was three pages back an hour after you post it.

2. You don't get a bunch of non-interested idiots commenting that whatever you're selling is too high, or that their buddy is selling something similar.