1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Satellite signals at racetracks

Discussion in 'General' started by tazrider, Jul 18, 2011.

1. tazrider

tazrider Greenwood Racing Wera 71

I'm gonna be a newbie to this but how difficult is it to get a Satallite signal at most of the SE tracks (this week Roebling) for Direct TV without any gismos to help? I know I have to point it up, but that's about as much as I would know.......

looking for advise.

2. mike w

mike w Knarf's buddy

google sat aiming sites
    usually just have to put in lat/long or zip code and it will give you all the angles

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Very easy. I used a compass and a level and that was it really (along with the on screen prompts until I made notes for each track). It's really easy once you get a feel for it and learn which shady areas are too thick with trees.

4. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

I'll supply the PBR if someone brings a projector and gets the AMA races up on Sat night!

5. james walker

james walker beat down, broken & busted

I'll help drink the PBR if someone brings a projector and gets the AMA races up on Sat night!

:D

6. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

I'll knock Walker out of his chair while he's drinkin PBR if someone brings a projector and gets the AMA races up on Sat night!

:D

7. james walker

james walker beat down, broken & busted

my 3ft. screwdriver says you won't. :D

Last edited: Jul 18, 2011
  8. cobra2497

cobra2497 Well-Known Member

I've never NOT been able to get signal and I do it by hand with a compass and a level.

9. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

So you got a signal then?

10. cobra2497

cobra2497 Well-Known Member

affirmative

11. ToddClark

ToddClark f'n know it all

i told you on Saturday it was a piece of cake, Fernando!

12. sowega

sowega #710

If the AMA races are up on Saturday night, I'll bring real beer so we can feel superior to those Philistines drinking PBR.

13. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

You make fun of PBR one more time and I'll throttle chop right in front of your ass at turn 4 in practice and I'll say my fuel line popped off.....again :D

Then I'll give MB a screwdriver and he'll go to town on your two fiddy

14. inpayne

inpayne Well-Known Member

South west.... about 35* up.

I used to instal direct, if is a standard dish should be super easy. If it's HD, good luck without a birddog.

15. tazrider

I just got a HD dish from a guy but I'll be using a standard box. I'm gonna give it a shot. Dont wanna miss MotoGP this weekend nor do I wanna mis Roebling!!!!!!!!!!

16. tazrider

I "might" say YOUR THE MAN...let's wait and see:beer:

17. tazrider

I'll bring the compass and level. Don't get me kicked out for building something(looking like it)...you know how fishy it could look for a black man and strange non-track related tools in the middle of "THAT" neighborhood...hahahahahahah They may think I'm signaling in the rebel forces. :crackup:
    They (the residents) want the bikes gone but NEVER!!!!!!!:rock:

18. ToddClark

Nashville:
    Elevation: 45.6
    Azimuth: 203.5

Roebling Road:
    Elevation: 47.1
    Azimuth: 218.7

Road Atlanta
    Elevation: 46.3
    Azimuth: 211.6

Barber:
    Elevation: 48.1
    Azimuth: 205.7

Tally:
    Elevation: 47.8
    Azimuth: 207.7

You can go here and type in the zip code of the track your going to, and it will tell you where to point the dish. :up:

I have the most common tracks i go to on my phone so i dont have to look them up when i get there.

http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/customer/dishPointer.jsp?_requestid=3804750

19. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Looking them up on the phone is still looking them up. :D

20. ToddClark

LOL, smartass. All those i listed are one click away on my phone. I dont have to go to Direct's website, punch in the zip of where im at and get them that way. Ive already done all that and its in one folder. Leave it to you, ya little bitch to go getting all technical and shit on me.