1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Music in the paddock

Discussion in 'General' started by CbusRider, Jun 6, 2011.

1. Coopster

Coopster Well-Known Member

SWEET!

Troll it is!

On a side note I saw a movie trailer for, you guessed it "Troll".

Gawd - Those fukkas are HUGE!!

Ya know, ya leave out a few :Poke:, and :wow:, and the whole thing goes horribly wrong/off the tracks/ and bursts into flames.

Cheers?

2. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A

:beer:

Ride safe,
    AAron

3. K98TOOM

K98TOOM @theoldcorner

All things considered... you still have a spot for me in the unce-mobile at Beaver DJAA?

4. K98TOOM

K98TOOM @theoldcorner

and if we could do away with those damn motorcycles we could all just jog around the track in silence, now thats a fun weekend!

5. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A

Your spot is reserved! :up:

Ride safe,
    AAron

6. PhilTheBiker

PhilTheBiker Active Member

I'm just happy they were not blowing up trash cans (Yes, people were blowing up trash cans last year) and having 1am pit bike races. Actually, Saturday night (5pm) when I was looking for a place to park I asked a few people where the noisy part of the paddock was. Then as I came closer to the tech area I heard the 'boom boom' music and said 'hell no' then drove back to the other side as far away as I could. Conversion van along with the portable AC unit noise helped drown out what little noise there was.

I think in the race schools it should be a requirement to warn racers about how inconsiderate people are when it comes to making noise. I personally think it's common courtesy to turn the noise level down around 10pm, however, I seem to be in the minority although the people near me did turn down their radio around 10:30 without even being asked. That was nice.

I do know that I always take a good 20 minutes to find a spot that seem quiet and that can still reach power since I need it to be able to run AC.

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Roebling yes, Tally no, Jennings sort of (not on track Sunday before 9).

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

On the whole thread - quite simply the paddock at Summit Point is not and never has been a quiet place to camp out. That is a simple fact of life, if you choose to park in the paddock and stay there all night then YOU have made the choice to deal with the party. Assuming all others should abide by how you want to live your life in the paddock is ridiculous and rude in and of itself. It's a race paddock, it's not a church outing. There will be loud noises and music and pit bikes being run late at night and while it sucks loud gensets as well.

Summit Point has a lot of property and there are plenty of places to camp that are quiet. If you choose not to avail yourself of these areas then it's really your problem. Bitching about music turned off at 9-10pm is ridiculous.

9. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

Roebling is in the middle of a subdivision. Tripped me out the first time there. :D

10. Dits

Dits Will shit in your fort.

You all have no idea how close Kesler and I were to setting up the wall of sound with Kurt's DJ stuff last Saturday night and thereby actually making this thread mean something. Couple more beers and it might have happened. :D

They'd be hearing Manilow in Birmingham with that set up.