1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Monza, Italy | WSBK 2011 (spoilers)

Discussion in 'General' started by caferace, May 6, 2011.

1. dom

dom Dom-N-Ator Racing

I really hope chaz gets this!

2. nk140

nk140 Well-Known Member

He posted a video on his youtube channel. He said he had a puncture hole in his left arm from his get off and wasn't able to bend his arm with busting the stitching open. He plans to ride tomorrow if he isn't bleeding through his leathers.

3. Lee#144

Lee#144 Track Newbie

Lol they did just not enough of it!

4. Saddam

Saddam Well-Known Member

Anyone up to watch superpole ?

I can't find anywhere it's getting broadcast. Is it on any of the Eurosport channels. Guess I'll watch the timing data on the wsbk homepage. :rolleyes:

5. caferace

caferace No.

http://superbike.perugiatiming.com/

six minutes remaining in Superpole 2.. a red DEL means that lap doesn't count, usually because of a cut course. Fairly common at Monza..

-jim

6. Saddam

Saddam Well-Known Member

Biaggi takes pole position. His last lap was unreal. 1'41.745

I don't think anyone else got under 1'42, although Haslam and Biaggi had a 1'42.1xx lap in the second session.
    edit: make that the first session.

Last edited: May 7, 2011
  7. cgordon3

cgordon3 I need a new bike...

Davis in first with 15 minutes to go... He has about .5 seconds on second...:D

AND OVER A SECOND ON THIRD... This should be an interesting race for pole

Go Chaz!!!

8. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Damn, just clicked on that to see live timing for the Superstock 600 race. They should just rename it the R6 Cup. 16 of 20 bikes in the field are Yamaha R6's.

9. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

And Josh Day on the podium. Woot!

10. ckruzel

ckruzel Graphicologist Xtremeist

:up:

11. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Monza curcuit?

After over a decade of watching international racing, I am making a concerted effort to familiarize myself with various tracks, and how they merit for 2-wheeled racing. Given that, what is the groups opinion of Monza?
    It seems like a simple layout, very hard on the right side of tires, and interestingly has three chicanes breaking up what would otherwise be largely one long set of sweeping rights. The setting looks really nice, lots of forest, an interesting integration with an oval (the oval above the roadcourse between 6 and 7), and a fanbase likely to include some hot Milanese models...well, it seems promising. What sayeth y'all?

12. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I think the Parabolica is possibly my favorite corner to watch in all motorcycle championships, but that track is really a design of from different time.

13. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

Monza provides some of the best racing ever. Its one of my favorites. How it looks on paper, and how it translates to racing are 2 completely different things... ask Tilke haha

Monza, Assen, Spa, Magny Cours... most any of the post-WWII/pre-Tilke tracks are awesome.

BSB has some of the best shit ever as well.

14. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Magny-Cours was built in the early 1990s, if I remember correctly.

15. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

i like Brno too forgot to say that haha. and Sachsenring.

16. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Well, I learned something today. When they homologated it for Formula One in 1989, I thought it was a new circuit. But it had only been extensively improved.

17. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Its interesting to see how relatively poorly the paper schematic translates into understanding the way a course actually gets ridden, and what that means for racing action. Whenever the races go to tracks I have ridden/raced on (Miller, Laguna) its so much more compelling. You know exactly where the riders are from the various camera shots, and what is coming up next. Makes following the races a lot more engaging.

Thus, I need to study more. Too bad I am too old to do the computer gaming thing :crackup: Given Papa's statement about the Parabolica, I am at least looking forward to tomorrow.

18. caferace

caferace No.

And Monza was originally built in 1922...

Going to be chatting with James Whitham who's at Monza covering from Eurosport 2 in an hour or so. He *loves* Monza...

-jim

19. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I thought about it some more after I posted that, and I realized I forgot a corner at Phillip Island that also produces amazing slides. But the thing about the Parabolica is the speed they carry by the time the reach the halfway point with the rear wheel spinning. It's just a thing of beauty. Watching Haga highside a R1 there is one of the most spectacular things anyone will see done on two wheels. :D

20. Antonisss

Antonisss Active Member

:bow::bow:

Attached Files: