1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pit Pet Peeves

Discussion in 'General' started by socal, Nov 24, 2010.

1. marshmallow

marshmallow Designated Roody-Poo

he already said he would stop...chill guys.

2. wingnutks

wingnutks Well-Known Member

I dont get pissed easily at all, I am pretty easy going. I guess I dont like when parents let there kids bomb around on pitbikes/pocket bikes unsupervised. Or adults messing around in dumb areas (any place without ample space for dumb mistakes).

I have a "loud" generator. 2500w so it isnt crazy loud but not quiet. I only run it when I am off the track and my wamers need to be on, and I would never have it any closer to anyones pit than it is to mine.

3. SpeedyE

SpeedyE Experimental prototype, never meant for production

Probably shouldn't even say this, but one of my biggest racetrack peeves is trackday guys who run 'White' number plates.
    I feel you should have to earn those. And it isn't even very hard to do.
    Sorry, if I offended anyone :Poke:

4. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Cite

5. frackadelic

frackadelic Buddha Stalin is Chronic

You worried about that butt sex thing?

6. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Worried is much too strong a word.:D

7. Demented

Demented Well-Known Member

Walking through the pits on a trackday and seeing a guy in novice with Ohlins suspension front and rear, Brembo goodies everywhere, slicks and tire warmers on, and running at a pace that could easily be slower than what my dead grandfather can do.

8. mike w

mike w Knarf's buddy

jealousy aint in the same catagory as a "peeve"
    He likely paid full pop for those toys and is keeping an accessory supplier in business...and is exactly the type of person track days want

9. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

LOL! I was thinking the same thing. I wish I could have all those goodies too.
    …comes to mind. :D

10. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

every paddock I've ever been in has had a 10mph speed limit too. at 11mph, you're only trying to rationalize why you're putting others at risk of being hit.

yeah, cigarette butts irritate me too, but no more than the cut zip ties i'm sure i've left behind...

the ATTEMPT to clean up after yourself goes a long way though.

11. gixxie750

gixxie750 Well-Known Member

just so i'm clear we need to throw our burning cig butts in the trash cans closest to the pits of our rivals? I like it! FIRE!!!!!

on a side note I always put mine out and throw the butt in the trash.

12. sstein77

sstein77 Well-Known Member

So how many trackdays does it take to earn a white plate? :D

13. SpeedyE

The same amount of licks it takes to get to the center of a tootsie pop.
    Trackday guys ain't experts :moon:

14. tommyd273

tommyd273 Well-Known Member

Some guy follows his desire, the grids are low and some "guy" wants to harsh the guy.

Takes all kinds.:down:

15. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

I understand completely, but take into consideration that a bigger portion of the trackday population than you think has no clue that yellow plates are novice, and white are expert - they just know white looks better with their paint job.

I bought my first trackbike from a "B" rider. It was black with white number plates when I bought it. (I fixed that right away.)

I highly doubt he had any clue that he was being viewed as a poser, nor do I believe he was trying to convince anyone he was fast (on the '93 F2 I was buying from him) - he just didn't know any better.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2010
  16. Demented

Demented Well-Known Member

Jealousy? Nah. I'm more jealous of their pit bitches than $4,000 worth of stuff they wont ever use to anywhere near it's full potential.

17. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

Just as we're familiar with the traditional "but I was just kidding" form of backpedaling.

When you smoke in your car, where does your cigarette butt go? When you are walking into a store, where does your cigarette butt go? We know the answer. You're an inconsiderate prick who thinks that his trash is someone else's responsibility.

18. SpeedyE

Point taken :up:
    I still think plenty of them guys know exactly what a white plate means. They get let into A group with Nesba and they think thay are Josh Hayes, LOL :p

19. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

wait, so when I get a black sticker, I'm NOT? ...fuck.

Can I at least land a chick as hot as Melissa Paris?

20. SpeedyE

I got a white plate and I can't land one....but that could be cause I am kinda ugly :D