1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Keep Zac Chapman in your thoughts and prayers

Discussion in 'General' started by BC, Aug 10, 2009.

1. cody620

cody620 Well-Known Member

Happy New Year to the Chapmen family, we are praying for you guys..

2. shoaib2006

shoaib2006 New Member

my prayers are with you and your family

3. zacsmom

zacsmom Well-Known Member

Friday 1-1-2010

The first day of a new year. What will this year hold for our family?
    Zac was sitting up in his wheelchair when the posse and I arrived. He had his eyes partially opened, but not very much. His eye lids are still swollen from the surgery. After Zac was transferred back to bed, he got a hand massage from his aunt Janet and dozed off until company arrived. As we were telling him good bye, he really perked up and opened up his eyes fully.
    Zac's weight has dropped to 114.1 as of Dec. 29th
    Monday there will be a care conference where his discharge plans will be discussed. At this point, it seems that Zac will be going to a skilled nursing facility. I would ask for prayers that God would allow us to find a good one close to home

4. triplestrong

triplestrong Well-Known Member

Positive thoughts and prayers sent

5. pucksdown

pucksdown WERA #9

Prayers sent.

6. Putter

Putter Ain't too proud to beg

Still prayin........

7. zacsmom

Sunday 1-3-2010
    The posse and I went to visit Zac today at BIR. When we first arrived he had his eyes open for a little while; the rest of the time his eyes were mainly closed. There is still swelling in his eyes and hopefully this is the reason that Zac is unable to keep his eyes open as much. Zac's care conference is scheduled for tomorrow where plans for his discharge will be discussed as well as other concerns, like his weight loss. Many prayers are needed for God's guidance to continue for Zac.

8. 82Airborne

82Airborne Well-Known Member

Thinking about Zac and his family. Here's to you guys!

9. Chand

Chand Well-Known Member

Praying....

10. zacsmom

Monday 1-4-2010

The care conference was today. My friend Wendy went with me today and she was a good source of support for me. The rest of the posse lended support via cell phones today. The discharge plans are for 2 weeks. The social worker told me before we left, that the nursing home on the south part of Ft. Worth that we were hoping would accept Zac stated that they would not. Again, one of the biggest obstacles is Zac's age- being under the age of 21. So, the search continues for a skilled nursing facility that will accept Zac. By the time I had to leave, the eye surgeon had not come to check on Zac. The neurosurgeon gave the nurses orders to remove the stitches from his cranioplasty surgery. Zac's appearance is good since that surgery and the removal of his stitches. Now, we just need the swelling in his eyes to resolve so that he can hold his eyes open like he used to. One of the therapists asked Zac today if his eyes were bothering him, and he gave a definite "yes" with eye movements. Please pray for a facility to be located close to home, that is nice, for Zac to transfer to. Also pray that Zac's eyes would heal quickly and completely from the eye surgery. God bless you all :)

11. Phoenix

Phoenix Well-Known Member

Praying now, Zacsmom.

The faith and fortitude that you and your family are exhibiting is extraordinary. I hope and pray that God will help Zac improve day-by-day.

12. Czar

Czar Well-Known Member

Know that I keep Zac and all of you in my thoughts and prayers daily, may he find a place that will give him happiness and care.

13. Phat Chance

Phat Chance Silence, I kill you!

For the new year, I pray that the good Lord give this boy and his family a break! They deserve one.

14. BC

BC Well-Known Member

I continue to think about you guys each and every day.

15. 2old2fat2slow

2old2fat2slow DragonKnee Racing

On my knees now.

16. zacsmom

The social worker told me today that a representative from a nursing home in Weatherford is going to Dallas to review Zac's medical information tomorrow to see if they will accept him as a patient. This is not a facility of choice, but it is close to home. I just pray the Lord will continue to lead, guide, and direct.

17. 2old2fat2slow

2old2fat2slow DragonKnee Racing

Any updates??????

18. RickJohnson#29

RickJohnson#29 Well-Known Member

Prayers sent! I'm wishing him a full recovery!

19. zacsmom

Sunday 1-10-2010

Zac had the posse come see him today as well as his uncle Joey. My twin sister Janet gave him her famous hand massage that helps with the increased tone in his fingers which is causing them to want to curl downward as if he is trying to make a fist. Zac got his own personal wheelchair last week and it is very nice. He will get to take this one with him when he is discharged from BIR. We still do not have a facility yet, and discharge is to be next Monday. We will continue to trust the Lord for His guidance.
    Zac's weight has increased from 114 to 116.4. The swelling in his eyes has gone down, but it looks as if there could still be a little more to go. Zac is able to to open his eyes as fully as they will go now with the weights in his eyelids. Zac still has very little tongue movement or lip movement, and is swallowing inconsistently. Because of these things, he is not able to manage his secretions in his mouth and airway and must have his tracheostomy. Thank you all for your continued prayers for Zac. I tell him every time i see him how many people love him and are praying for him :)

20. pucksdown

pucksdown WERA #9

Thank you Lord for some good news. Keep it coming.