1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What tires for CB350?

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by donovangravlee, Oct 8, 2009.

1. CharlieY

CharlieY Well-Known Member

Stocker should be around mid to high 20's......full on V1 probably high 40's.

I also think riding style could help or hurt.....I've known Wayne to be "slightly agressive", shall we say.....

2. Moore007

Moore007 Well-Known Member

Hey, Hey,.........i resemble that remark...............and I know you meant it in the nicest kinda way...........and I hope you're right, it is racing.

3. Chumbucket

Chumbucket Well-Known Member

More stupid (as in make me smarter-stupid) V-1 CB350 questions....How much of an improvement is offered by a close ration 5th gear? Real world, what do you gain? Fork brace availability? Who makes 'em?

Last edited: Oct 12, 2009
  4. LI Pilot

LI Pilot Yamadog

OK, so I being that I'm new to the vintage game, can anyone suggest a place good place to purchase a set of KR125's. Or 825's. I've been searching with no luck as to these models. In addition would I need a particular tube to fit these to stock rims of a 450?
    Thanks

5. james walker

james walker beat down, broken & busted

http://www.rcbtires.com/ :up:

6. LI Pilot

LI Pilot Yamadog

7. CharlieY

CharlieY Well-Known Member

I dont have the ratios handy, but I have 1 V1 motor with stock 5th (cheap), and 1 with the close ratio......and it does make a difference. Stock there is a BIG RPM drop between 4th and 5th.

Fork brace....so many front ends fit on a CB350, its hard to say.....when I was running stock, I ran an old flattrack yamaha hoop and I know it helped. Depends on your frontend, but anything will help....heck, I've seen guys chop most off a stock fender and run that......I havent bought any fork braces besides old hoops off ebay and made them work.

8. Chumbucket

Chumbucket Well-Known Member

Thanks, Charlie...

9. donovangravlee

donovangravlee Active Member

i was looking thru the wera rule book.
    my bike is a 1969 CL350 which i suppose was the "scrambler" version of the cb350.
    It has various mods like exhaust, suspension work, clip ons, fork brace and a carbon fiber belly pan. Not sure what else.

Im really not sure what class this bike would run in. 350gp or V1 ?

Im guessing 350gp is for machines whos engines have been altered. is this correct?

I was going to try for v1. any reason I should not go for v1?

10. bullockcm

bullockcm Well-Known Member

350GP is for the stockers, V1 is for modified bikes. 2 distinctions are if you have engine modifications or run non-stock carbs.

11. WERA854

WERA854 Well-Known Member

So what IS the ratio for the C/R 5th? Has somebody got one lying around so they can count the teeth? Trying to compare sprocket ratios between race motors and 350GP Hondas to figure overall gearing is pointless if you don't know the ratio at the countershaft.

12. regnat

regnat Well-Known Member

I'm surprised!!!Nobody has the Todd Henning parts list ????

13. footwork

footwork Honda Research Analyst

THE CR 5TH is a great mod.(worth a bike length every time you shift ot 5th) Unfortunately they have become PROHIBITAVELY expensive across the pond. I am working on sourcing them from the states- hopefully just in time for you to finish the winter builds!

ps lionel- no one in the states wants to pay 2K for the close ratio gearbox either!

14. WERA854

So what is the ratio?

15. Rocan

Rocan Well-Known Member

i made my fork brace out of aluminum stock- bore a hole to the size of your fork (in my case i used a cb450 front end, so i fit the brace on the lower part of the fork where there is the ridge for fork boots) one each end, leaving enough metal on each end so that it wont crack. Drill two holes on each side and thread them, then use some allen bolts. SUPER firm; takes out as much flex as possible without radical mods.

looks kind of like this...

:[( )====( )]:

brackets are the ends, parenthesis are where the forks are... equals sign is the brace (aluminum stock) and the colons are the bolts

:up:

16. Rocan

Rocan Well-Known Member

350GP.... unless if you have carbs other then stock

17. regnat

regnat Well-Known Member

I have a parts list autographed by Todd himself!!

18. joec

joec brace yourself

i have what more people have.....invoices!

19. regnat

regnat Well-Known Member

Eric
    I will publish the doc tomorrow about the close ratio transmission (5 gear box)
    Ernesto

20. WERA854

Thanks