1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vintage Motorcycle Days

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by Mongo, Jul 2, 2009.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Okay, so F500 = 70's GP500.

Do the V3/V4 bikes cross over enough to put them in or would it be more fair to just not pay points on them?

The HWTSS thing is annoying too but I can see them having it as Twins only class where my rules are a bit weirder.

2. NYCNorton

NYCNorton Holmeslice

I don't know about the others, but I'll be running the same bike I run in V3 & V4 in EAT and GP750.

3. hinshaw929

hinshaw929 Well-Known Member

I think the V3 bikes would be OK with the F500 bikes but not the V4. At most WERA races the V3 and F500 grids are mostly the same bikes.

4. phantom 309

phantom 309 Well-Known Member

I have always run the same bike in v-3 v-4 untill next race.:up: Had to keep up with the jone's.

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Ha! Sorry about that, I meant into other of the AMA classes, not into the 70's GP500 class.

6. hinshaw929

hinshaw929 Well-Known Member

My bad - did not understand what you were asking.

Looks to me like V3 is a good fit to 70s GP750 - the only WERA bike that would not be legal is the 883 Sportster.

V4 & V5 will be a problem - WERA legal 4 stroke bikes will be spread out among the OSB classes while 2 strokes aren't legal.

7. Zephyr

Zephyr Tank Killer

+10

8. drebv4

drebv4 Well-Known Member

My brain is about to explode. Help me.

Dear God (or Mongo)... help me!

Riding up from Greater Metropolitan Ball Ground. I'll be there Thursday late afternoon.

Dreb

9. KNickers

KNickers Well-Known Member

Regarding novice points: Could we just post process the results to generate a virtual Expert & Novice finishing order based the WERA rider's classification? I'll volunteer to help churn through the results.

I'm pre-registered for STARS MW and HW, but I'll need to switch HW to MTT if there are novice HWTSB points to be had.

Kurt Nickerson

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Okay, I can still change these through Friday.

V3 = Clubman 750.
    v4 = nothing worked well enough so no points.
    HWTSS = same deal, can't penalize the triples since Stars is twins only.

I'm working on the Novice thing still. Trying to sort it out between the points and the gridding etc...

Would you guys be adverse to the Novices going after points being gridded in their own group like we normally do (it's only 3 classes - LWT SS & SB and HWT SB)?

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Another one I'm missing is F 2-stroke. Suggestions?

12. JBall

JBall REALLY senior member

Good call on HWTSS. Thanks

13. redducman996

redducman996 must go faster

WOW thats really nice.. so much for calling and getting clarification. before spending all that money.....

14. NYCNorton

NYCNorton Holmeslice

Hmmmm,

I hope that whoever is in charge wouldn't allow Modern Triumph Thruxtons in Euro/American Twins with a '69 cutoff.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2009
  15. joec

joec brace yourself

kenny, i think your norton would eat a lot of those things alive.

16. KNickers

KNickers Well-Known Member

I'm ok with novices being gridded up separately if points are going to be paid.

I gotta see if I can change my registration from hwtss to hwtsb if there are going to be novice points.

17. NYCNorton

NYCNorton Holmeslice

Thanks Joe, but I shouldn't have to eat them... Just sayin...

18. craig641

craig641 Well-Known Member

Kenny - I'm going with the assumption that the VMD Supplimental rules will be what's followed for this event. So no matter how WERA points are paid out for this event the bike still needs to be legal for the class that it's being run in for this event. But you know what happens when you assume, right?
    Craig

19. NYCNorton

NYCNorton Holmeslice

Thanks Craig. I am assuming a bit... on the pre-reg list I see a couple of racers in the Euro/American Twins class who *normally* run Thruxtons in AHRMA. Then again, maybe they do have vintage bikes as well.

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

There were obvious confusions on the class structure but we got it all straight. We did grid the Novices separate and scored them as Novices for points but on the rest of the results they were listed same as everyone else since they were penalized on grid spots they deserved any trophies they won in the overall.

I think the class structure worked out pretty well on our end and we'll try to tweak it a bit more for next year if we're involved again.