1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vintage Motorcycle Days

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by Mongo, Jul 2, 2009.

1. phantom 309

phantom 309 Well-Known Member

V-3 would be clubman750
    v-4 would be gp-750--EAT maybe more. come on guys help him out?

2. Triumph#207

Triumph#207 Well-Known Member

Having read some of the dumb questions that WERA Vintage guys come-up with can't help but agree with yer on this one. I mean:rolleyes:

On the other hand, us AHRMA guys, by definition, being of higher intellect and with a tendency to ride the Queen's Iron has no problems wotsoever interpreting the rules - well Kenny had some problems but he rides a Norton so..:D

Hope this post restores your faith in humanity somewhat:D

Last edited: Jul 14, 2009
  3. NYCNorton

NYCNorton Holmeslice

Had no problem interpreting the rules, once I read them!

Okay, I say EAT & Clubman 750 = V3
    GP750 = V4

4. Fireball

Fireball Well-Known Member

I am not so sure V4 bikes are allowed aftermarket frames. If it has an aftermarket frame doesn't it move up a class. V4 is production frames.

Original Superbike med. is a closer fit for V4

5. phantom 309

phantom 309 Well-Known Member

No aftermarket RR frames in v-3 so they move up a class to v-4, my guess is if its a v-4 bike with AM frame then it goes to v-5.

6. CharlieY

CharlieY Well-Known Member

2 stroke guys (F500) aint helpin themselves here.....must be busy sanding engine parts :D

I'm just glad we have the wisest man of all here to help.....Malcolm the Magnificent :up: Help dem 2 stroke guys out with da rules Malcolm:beer: ....wa wa wait a minute, theres really no help at all in Malcolms post....what the...:Poke::rolleyes:

7. Yamaha Fan

Yamaha Fan Well-Known Member

I have not seen the list of proposed classes from the AMA event but as far as WERA / AHRMA goes...

WERA F-500 = AHRMA F-500 in AHRMA I believe there was a split on the bump-up with 2 strokes having to go to F-vintage and 4 strokes going to F-750

V-2 (fully modified bikes) = AHRMA F-250, I don't think that AHRMA allowed the Honda 450, SS RD-400's, SR/XT500's or Honda 400F in F-250, other than that it is pretty much a direct swap, I would see no reason not to make it WERA V2 = F250 including WERA allowed exceptions/indexed bikes.

As I said I did not see the proposed class listing for the AMA VMD is F-250 and F-500 included?

Last edited: Jul 15, 2009
  8. craig641

craig641 Well-Known Member

I believe the WERA V1 is the same as AHRMA's F-250 now that WERA has allowed disk brakes in V1. So that would make the AMA 70s GP250 equal to WERA V1. And the AMA 70s GP500 equal to WERA V2.

Craig

9. craig641

craig641 Well-Known Member

10. CharlieY

11. Yamaha Fan

Yamaha Fan Well-Known Member

Thanks, and you are correct as far as V-1 - F-250 goes the only thing I see missing is:
    AMA AHRMA WERA VRRA USCRA
    70’s GP500 Formula 500 V2 & F500 P2 HW* P3 Formula RD
    70’s GP250 Formula 250 V1 P2 LW P2 LW Super Vintage

(The bbs won't maintian the columns properly but I think you can get what I am adding if you look at the list..)

I think that all Wera V-2 bikes should be allowed in 70’s GP250 BUT at this point don't see a benifit to complicating or changing things this late in the game and as I am not racing it has zero effect on me... I hope to hear that it is a great and sucessful event in the tradition of VMD...

12. CharlieY

Bob, actually I and several other V1 guys submitted Clubman350 as V1, and it appears by Seans list that has been accepted.

Sorry to step on ya there 641...we must have been typing at the same time.

Due to chunks of main crank bearing race/cup's on my drainplug last nite, I'm out as well....maybe next year.:mad:

I do wish WERA the best with this event. The crew allways does an excellent job :up:

13. Duck150

Duck150 Well-Known Member

That suxs.........CY.........time to learn how to build a bottom end......no joke attended:rolleyes:

14. CharlieY

Yeah, I've done em before, just not quite to the extent I may have to here.

15. joec

joec brace yourself

you had a main bearing fail on a cb350??? man, you need to put that in a museum or something!!

:D:Poke:

16. CharlieY

Yeah man....on Eric Cooks old V1 bike....any Ideas?...dont wanna choke this thread, PM me Joe, I'd be interested in your thoughts.

17. bullockcm

bullockcm Well-Known Member

I spent a bunch of time looking at the rules for the different orgs and I think WERA Formula 500 fits in with 70's GP500. However, I am mostly basing this on the 500cc and down Kawasaki triples being in the class. It looks like they are allowed but there is an * which means the class is split but I can't find how the classes are split. I know "Formula RD" and V2 has been suggested for the class as well but if one orgs modified triples are allowed than similar bikes should be as well.

18. Triumph#207

Triumph#207 Well-Known Member

Thanks fer the acknowedgement Charlie:D. But as they sez "you can lead a horse to water however etc"

Sorry about yer bottom end - not yours I mean - yer Honders:D

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Well hell, someone had a great point - not allowing the 675 in HWTSS means I can't do points for it in the Stars HW class.

20. hinshaw929

hinshaw929 Well-Known Member

WERA Formula 500 definitely belongs in 70's GP500.

This would have been much easier if we had used used WERA's class structure as the baseline and added a few additional classes for this event. We just finished doing this for Barber and had it fairly well sorted out.

But I guess that would have been too easy for the AMA. ;)