1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Good sennsibly priced Racing Gloves?

Discussion in 'General' started by FED34FIRE, Jul 4, 2009.

1. FED34FIRE

FED34FIRE Well-Known Member

Could someone recommend a set of racing gloves that are a fair price? My AGV's have seen better days and the next 4 races will probably be my last ever.

2. BC

BC Well-Known Member

3. FED34FIRE

medium.

4. gixxernaut

gixxernaut Hold my beer & watch this

I think it's hard to beat the bang for buck price of 1888fastlap.com's Kobe Pro Racing gloves. Just over $100 for a pair of really nice racing gloves. I've had mine for over a year now. Very pleased.

[​IMG]

5. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

I got pair of speedstars, XL are quite snug for me, compared to the Joe Rocket's I've been using. Part of it is due to the the knuckle padding. The price is good but mine will take a few more trackdays of use to be comfortable.

6. JVance

JVance Active Member

I wear the Olympia 340 Kevlar race gloves. They're about $70. Crash tested the same pair a couple times now. I will definitely buy another pair to replace these when I need to but I have had these a couple years and they are still in great shape.

John

7. FED34FIRE

Like some of the Joe Rockets but, keep reading on the internet about failures at low speeds. Any truth to this? I wasn't happy when I found out that my Joe Rocket suit was made in China. Better keep the dog and the kids away from it. lol

8. redducman996

redducman996 must go faster

how much are your hands worth? I think that should be the answer that needs to be asked. IMO call STG ask for Nick or Brian they can take care of you.

9. FED34FIRE

CORTECH Scarab R.R. Glove. anyone ever use these?

10. FED34FIRE

I was waiting for a reply like this and your 100% correct. times are tough and I;m lucky to even be racing. To answer your question... A LOT!!!

11. FED34FIRE

STG are great. purchased several pieces of gear from them.

12. Newsshooter

I've crashed a few of the Joe Rockets, I haven't had any problem with them coming apart. Abrasions on both palms and knuckles without any problems. Though , I don't tend put my arms out when I crash, I tend to cover my chest with them. Old habits from barefoot water skiing. Putting your arms was a good way to dislocate a shoulder. I don't need to do that again. I don't have the current model joe rockets.

13. hintonrsvr

hintonrsvr Well-Known Member

Komodo Ceno's are only $90 and are a very good glove.

14. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

According to the Cadaver Calculator my dead body is worth $3250. So if I consider my hands only make up about 5% of my body, maybe, I would say it is worth about $162.50 :D
    http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/cadaver

15. PhiliDad

PhiliDad Well-Known Member

Barefoot on skis?

My hat is off to you AquaMan. :clap:

I've always been curious, how to you get up/start? :confused:

Do you start on skis? Or start barefoot and hope your arms don't get ripped free of your body?

Last edited: Jul 5, 2009
  16. Gamecock

Gamecock 1998 ZX6R

:up: I have the same pair. They also have them listed on ebay under thier ebay account. I got mine for like $75.

17. cspencer123

cspencer123 250R Must pedal faster

Gotta agree with Gixxer on this,

The Helds are nice and did their job but wouldn't take another knuckle grinding crash.

Replaced w/ Kobe's at 1/2 the price, feel good and are lucky, no offs yet:up:

18. Newsshooter

Start on my feet, it's not that hard, it's just faster than skiing. You wear a barefoot suit, basically a wet suit with extra padding. To start you put your toes on the rope, arch your back to come out of the water, once up you sit up on your butt, set your heels on the water, just light pressure, then slowly rise into a sitting position. You never really stand upright, you always look like your sitting in a chair. When you go backwards your body is straighter but leaning more away from the boat.

19. Gamecock

Gamecock 1998 ZX6R

I've gone off a boom and a short rope. Man, that stuff is hard core. My buddy was real good at it until he fell hard and busted his eardrum.

20. cspencer123

cspencer123 250R Must pedal faster

I've always stepped off a ski ( really old, no boot, w/ 1x2 screwed to it against toe's) and usually wear tennis shoe's with duct tape on the bottom to make 'em slippery. That way if your boat only does 45 topped out you can still "barefoot", not quite the same but it works if your boat is slow.
    Also nice if there's trash in the water.

Thanks for the tip, I'll check ebay for my next set of Kobe's:up: