1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AMAfan At Infineon

Discussion in 'General' started by Schitzo42, May 18, 2009.

1. Chip

Chip Registered

Zero.

2. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Holy krist I'm not the only one throwing stuff at the tv! Well, he is from "over there" so you have to expect some quirks.

:D Chaz comes off as a cool mofo for real.

3. danch

danch Well-Known Member

Even if he is "an Englishman ... from Wales" (quoting Greg W. there)

4. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Good question. Can you?

5. Chip

Chip Registered

Yes....that is the question.

(Why do I fell like I am in the middle of a monty python sketch)

6. John29

John29 Road racing since 1973

According to Obama (paraphrasing), "Yes you can!"*

*Original, from a speech = "Yes we can!"

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I think the new rules matter only because it got some good teams out of there making it a little easier on M4 to do what was going to happen anyway. Add in having Martin and Jason and they're hard to beat no matter what factory teams have what unobtanium. There's a reason Martin did what he did last year even under the old rules. Now the rules do allow KWS to be on Aprilias and part of the old M4 team to keep jobs working on the Buells - and that's a good thing.

Same for ASB, it's not really that different than last year - if you pull Ben out of the equation.

8. Chip

Chip Registered

The biggest thing in both classes is the spec tire....especially for M4...its amazing what they team can do with the same tires as everybody else.

9. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

If coulda woulda he shoulda. Now just go do it!

10. Chip

Chip Registered

Correct. Next time we will try harder..

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I totally agree that has helped teams like you guys and others move up and absolutely has helped the racing overall but I'm sure M4 was getting the good stuff last year. JU may disagree of course but I think the results show it.

12. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Do or do not. There is no try...

13. John29

We're racing the same teams as last year, albeit with some reformulation:

Erion Honda, now Zemke and Peris instead of Zemke and Hayes

Monster Kawasaki/Attack Kawasaki, now Jamie Hacking and Rog Hayden instead of Attack Rapp/Davies and Monster Hayden

Graves Yamaha, Herrin and Aquino instead of Herrin and Bostrom and Aquino

Who are the guys missing this year, other than Ben Bostrom and Hayes?

Last year we had Martin, Blake and Cory West. This year Martin and DiSalvo. Last year we won 1 Supersport race and 1 Superstock race. This year to date we've won 5 SportBike races (with two 1-2 finishes) with podium finishes in all the rest except for race two at Atlanta.

Same crew working just as hard. Same plan. Same execution. Different tires. Different results. But slightly tighter rules, spec tires, spec gas.

Not sure why. But I like it and am trying to enjoy it, because (as everybody in racing for long knows), it may all go to hell tomorrow!

Last edited: May 19, 2009
  14. John29

Good Brand X is not the same as Good Brand A. In most cases Good Brand A was better than Good Brand X. For example purposes only.

15. John29

Never mind, I just answered my own question. Although Hacking coming in should have canceled out either BBoz or Hayes leaving.

16. Kris87

Kris87 Friendly Smartass

so it basically boiled down to the tires. :D

17. Tim Radley

Tim Radley Well-Known Member

Those not winning will always have a reason why those that do win have won.
    Maybe the Buell team have just done as awesome job so far this season, i mean you don't win unless the whole package is good and that means the crew, rider, bike etc. Credit is due.
    Also look at how close the racing is? Times look pretty tight to me. How much have Spies and Mladin led by in the last couple of years? More than this class.
    My only criticism is that if DMG are going to police the series as it goes to keep it level, then surely they could allow more freedom for engineering excellence in the spec of the bikes. It would be nice to see more engine development, chassis mods, ecu/loom choices, etc. Only excessive budget should allow a team to disappear into the distance but if they are finding ways to handicap everyone then that should not be an issue and that in itself should limit wasting of budgets. For me the engineering side is as interesting as the racing itself.

18. caferace

caferace No.

Cubic dollars won't necessarily make for better races.

-jim

19. John29

I got no other explanation, other than dumb luck.

20. EMathy

EMathy Dreaming of a *****...

So I shouldn't ask you guys to build me an electric 125GP sized race bike? :D

(ducking)