1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

20mm or 25mm?

Discussion in 'Tech' started by spr258, Dec 22, 2007.

1. Quik10R

Quik10R Ride it like u stole it

2. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

Man I hate this. I'm in the market for a fork cartridge for my 06 GSX-R600 forks on my SV650 and I can never make up my mind between the Axxion kit or the Ohlin's 25mm kit. Wish I could make it up. :(

3. (diet)DrThunder

(diet)DrThunder Why so serious, son?

Ya, they're not close to as pertinent as yours are.

:rolleyes:

4. Big Deezul

Big Deezul Gossamer has MOJO!!!

sorry I used the word obvious.....yes they are better

5. ToddClark

ToddClark f'n know it all

i can FEEEEEEEEEEL the love. :Poke: [​IMG]

6. sanee

sanee Well-Known Member

you have a gsxr front end on your sv and youre thinking about putting in a 25mm ohlins kit...isnt that gonna be over kill?

7. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

if gsxr forks itself are not overkill valving will not make them.

8. TWF2

that is easy,ak20 :D

9. Corran#13

Corran#13 Corransmythracing.co.uk

Its not just a case of the 25mm being better than the 20mm kits
    The 20 is a fantastic kit and if you are planning on changing bikes within the next year its all you will need. But the 25 is a better plusher ride And most important of all it helps your front tire last a little longer lets you brake a little deeper and turn a little later.
    But any kit is only as good as the set up, Having the best on the market aint worth a crap if its been set up by a monkey lol

10. spr258

spr258 Well-Known Member

20 or 25 kit

Thinks for all the input. The bike already had a 20mm kit in it (not ohlins) and the bike rides real good. The track owner said that the rear shock needs to be replaced. Fox racing rear. going with the ohlins rear setup by Evan Steel Proformance. Yes I am a new racer but have a good crew to help me out.

11. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

Nope...if you have ridden an SV with GSXR forks (the inverted kind) it makes the bike pretty interesting. Most importantly it makes the bike very stable mid corner as it takes out some fork flex.

I've decided to just get the Ohlins kit. I figured what the hey...if I don't like them...then I've become a really good rider. :)

12. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

I have a Penske triple rear for sale (one season on it) that even if you need to make some setup changes to it'll be cheaper than buying the new Ohlins. $800...let me know.

13. UberRacing

UberRacing Well-Known Member

what makes the ak20 better than ohlins25? Is it similar performance for a better price or is the performance that much better with the ak20?

Michael

14. Big Deezul

Big Deezul Gossamer has MOJO!!!

nothing...they are not better, just cheaper and can be retrofitted to other bikes.

15. TWF2

price,option to move them to another bike,made in usa....
    and you dont need to buy upgrade kit before you install them :)

16. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

The 30mm kit is coming out soon. It's going to be hot.

17. Kris87

Kris87 Friendly Smartass

its already out. i have the prototype version in my sv. i've already broken most tracks 600 records with them. i may have to ride up to b class this year just to make it fair. :cool:

18. InSaNeDiC

InSaNeDiC you know me...ibleedgreen

Well I have the Ohlins R&T forks with 25mm, Attack Triples and Ohlins or Penske rear for sale as well...

But I was avoiding posting about them in his ? thread. If you have the money go with the good stuff. Much better feel and performance.

I will be giving this stuff away soon:rolleyes:

19. sanee

sanee Well-Known Member

never ridden one with a gsxr front end on it. just though that it would be too stiff of a front end