1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is this "peeved" or "pissed off"?

Discussion in 'General' started by Chubby Huggs, Apr 19, 2002.

1. Scarbs

Scarbs Well-Known Member

2. 13x

13x 13x.com

Click on the 'user cp' button on the top of the page. You can put any user on your 'ignore list'. You still see that they posted but you don't see the actual post.

:)

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Mat - if you wouldn't mind me bugging you a bit at Road Atlanta I would like to mess with RHood a bit - let me know and I'll have Rich introduce us face to face.

So, does anyone other than JU have any idea what percentage of the AMA paddock has either raced WERA or worked on Endurance teams at one point or another? I love walking through with Evelyne, it's like being married to a famous person with people jumping out of canopies and through crowds of spectators to giver her a hug. :D

4. Scarbs

Scarbs Well-Known Member

thank you sir. This BBS is awesome now.

5. mad brad

mad brad Guest

:D funny. they may hate me thiam, but they ALWAYS read what i have to say!!!

6. Scarbs

Scarbs Well-Known Member

Hey someone said something like it earlier today, but we didn't even ask MM if the $2200 covers travel expenses and beer money...that really sounds low for an AMA professional. Hopefully the purses move up quickly soon...

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Did someone say something? Why are all of Brads and Hoods posts blank now?!?

:D

8. HPPT

HPPT !!!

ROTFLMAO! :D :D :D

9. MM

MM Member

Yeh Sean, come over and we'll have a chat. Anyone who is on here and wants to have a chat and is at RA or any of the rounds feel free to come over, you are more than welcome, especially Bradley. I say Bradley and I have alot in common. I like people who are up front. Just don't stick your head in when my guys are going flat out, they bite.

10. RoadRacerX

RoadRacerX Jesus Freak

I don't think so. you'd be lying if you said you were not entertained by Brad Wilson. I wouldn't want to miss one of his posts. Remember, it was Brad that brought us SCHLEPROCK, dredged up from an ancient Flintstones reference. Besides, the boy can play a pretty mean geee-tar, or so I hear. Brad, <singing>did you ever know that you're my hero... :D

Jay Barfield

11. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I didn't say I was banning Brad from my screen. Hell no. Where's the fun in that?

12. Pam_G

Pam_G Banned

Kinda off topic, but I recall USAC sprint and midget races only paying an average of $2000 to win. Kinda chinsey (sp?) for a form of racing where the friggin' motors are now running in the $40k range, ain't it?

13. mad brad

mad brad Guest

sorry, my woman and i were out. as the "shock jock" of the bbs you should all know i'm just pulling chains. MM, if that truly is you, good on ya mate. BBS training will make you a better competitor on the track.;) if you're not him then piss awff ya fackin' loowsah. thea, i wuz gan' frit.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2002
  14. Renaissance man

Renaissance man Well-Known Member

Brad you are an animal. Come out smelling like a rose...:D

Mat,

Since we have you on the board here, can you answer a couple of questions?

1) What is your opinion of Thursday practice? Should any privateer be able to do it? Obviously there are some privateers that are in the top 10 that are caught in the middle here. It seems they need it (Thrusday Practice) to make sure they are going fast enough not to mess up the Factory guy's race.

2) What is your opinion of Privateers in America? Previously when we had double digit factory superbike riders, they did not seem that important. Now they are the ones that make the show complete. What can the AMA do to help you all have your race AND make sure the Privateers get their fair shake so that they can be competitive and not get punted off the track because they happen to be in factory guy "X's" way when he is lapping them.

Thanks,
    Marcus McBain

Last edited: Apr 24, 2002
  15. Sean Jordan

Sean Jordan Well-Known Member

The thing that cracks me up the most about this whole thing is how everyone starts saying "Mate".

Now everyone is going to run to Outback for dinner and rent the Crocodile Dundee movies on the way home.

:rolleyes:

At least I was original in my attempts to be ingratiating!

:D

16. MM is for real, I can prove it as well...

I cannot believe I didn't look at this thread. I just got off the phone with JU (his trailer just got graphic'd at Motorsports Designs, and you'd think he gave birth to Chris #2...), and he tells me Mladin is on the BBS. You never know....

Sorry Tricky Dick Hood, but this time's for real. I was at the AMA Test at Road A last week to build forks and shocks for Valvoline. We also had a demo of the Axxion Arm System for the Factory Yammie Team.

Bruce Wilkins came over to me and introduced himself and gave me a copy of the paper he was talking about. It is a small regional paper from VA. There was only a handful of copies in the pits, and there was only a hanful of people there. JU was not one of them. The picture is exactly as "MM" describes. No one could have known that but Mladin himself, me, and I geuss Nicky got a copy as well.

So anyway,

Mat doesn't know me, but hey Mat, I am the guy with the big trailer stickered like an American flag with no motorcycles in it!

I got to repair the set of Works Showa Forks that were claimed from your bike at Sears and were "damaged in shipping" before they were delivered in the pits to the claimant. I have a set of photos and notes on them (HAHA!!!) I tried to sell them back to Don Sakakura so they could be destroyed, but those guys didn't bite, so I let them go back to the guy who had claimed them. I was trying to look out for your team since I am friends with Vic Fasola and Aaron Yates. But I guess they weren't worried. (They were pretty sweet, I will say, but would have liked to have tried my bits in them and heard your comments...)

I have a way to prove this is Mat Mladin that ONLY I can verify!!!

I am about to set up an Axxion Center in OZ and have had discussions with the main suspension dude in OZ. What is his name? BTW is he a good guy?

I am also setting up an Axxion Center in New Zealand with a guy I think is pretty cool named Robert Taylor. Do you know him?

I haven't had dinner. I have to go find a restaurant open at 10:45 and knock back a couple of adult beverages.

BTW Mat, Do you eat Bloomin' Onions in OZ?!?!?!

17. CopyCat

CopyCat New Member

Hey MM!!!

I know you are a busy man, but I have a huge favor to ask you.

A friend from another race/sportbike group was seriously injured in a race accident over the weekend. He is still in a coma, but making progress. We are trying to gather as many "well-wishes" for him as possible and a quick note from you would certainly be extra special.

The site is at: http://insanespeed.infopop.net and the thread is titled "RickyRacer crashes hard @ Moroso" in the "Street&Track" forum.

If you could pop in and just leave a "get well soon" I'm sure it would make his day. The entire thread will be printed and brought to him in the hospital for him to read when he regains consiousness.

I understand if you don't want to, but all of us would be grateful for helping him through some times ahead.

Thanks Mat!

18. CopyCat

CopyCat New Member

BTW: All of you are welcome to post a nice get well note, Mat's would just be the coolest one. :D The more the merrier!

19. Laurie Acree

Laurie Acree Well-Known Member

Re: MM is for real, I can prove it as well...

20. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

Hmmm...I never believed in Ms. Cleo.