1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is this "peeved" or "pissed off"?

Discussion in 'General' started by Chubby Huggs, Apr 19, 2002.

1. peterhaulintail469

peterhaulintail469 Orange-u Racing 469

Gixxer123 is out of his mizind on the kizind if he thiks MM is the man at Atlanta, I was at Atlanta the year he almost pancaked the Bam-ba-lance and he went really fast (1999)...hats off MM after getting to ride Atlanta for the first time at GNF's last year, blew me mind knowing how slow i was

but Gobert and Nicky will not give up any space on the podium this year and Hacker the crasher will cry in the trailer when Yates gets third and the battle for 4th-5th place goes to the ducati drama........................ MM will do good but these guys aint playin and Mat will need a bam-ba-lance to piss him off so he gets the thumb out of his but....hope the leg's getting better Gixxer123 we missed ya big at Summit this last weekend..........tell connie I said what up.....

weird seeing e-boz on the box at Fontana?

paco--------:D

2. MM

MM Member

I was hoping that the Ultralight you were talking about was of the aero kind but i've figured it isn't. I was getting ahead of myself in thinking we had something in common. You don't seem to give yourself much credit about things except your T-Shirts and your Mat lied about Qualifying at Colorado Springs story. You really need to be more upbeat and confident, especially when trying to concvince people about something that seems a little out there. You know the pit guys on the wall telling me what to do, never mind one of the Suzuki pit guys waving to another through the 3 story high main building and a row of pit garages between pit lane and the infield. As we say in OZ, "EASE IT UP". I'm not sure if I could take you on equal machinery. See you at Brainerd

3. quikie

quikie Fugitive at Large

Question

Mr. Mladin,

Last round I saw Aaron Yates get past a slower rider on lap one and lean in a bit and throw an elbow getting past the guy ( rubbing is racing? ) and I was wondering just how much of that goes on up front during a race that we don't see? I know the top level riders are so close and competitive that it's gotta be a whole different ball game. No quarter asked and none given when you're riding for a paycheck I'll venture, as a novice I'm just wondering if those kinds of things are non issues at the national and world level.

Good luck with the rest of the season and I hope the elbow heals quickly.

-que

P.S. My buddy and I are going to run a few WERA endurance races this season and we need a backup rider. I don't seem to have Mark Junge's phone number so let me know if you're interested and we'll sign you up.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2002
  4. Scarbs

Scarbs Well-Known Member

5. mudduc

mudduc Member

Actually, I am quite proud of my racing acomplishments. It's just that winning a CCS Lightweight Amateur Championship seems so insignificant next to three AMA Superbike Nationals. There are four things I can do better than most anyone I run across...Race motorcycles, play pool, play pingpong and write code. I know there's always someone better but I'll step up to a challenge in any of these catagories. So I'm still willing to get a GS500 for you if you want.

On the PPIR thing, I'll ease it up. My last public word on the subject will be to ask interested parties to check out the map at http://www.ppir.com if you want to verify the accuracy of my story. I was in the stands and saw pit man 1 watchin the pits from about the 1/2 way point on pit lane (just left of the buildings) waving to pit man 2 standing at the infield fence. The map shows this can and did work. I can produce at least 4 other witnesses easily (from the few thousand who were there to see it).

Come on, MM, just fess up and apologise. You'll feel better afterwards.

So everyone knows, I don't hate Mat Mladin. I don't even know the man. I just don't like being lied to. I completely respect his abilities and may even like him if we ever really meet. (I don't view the few sentances we've echanged in person as a meeting). Anyone who has doubt about Mat's abilities or drive should just go watch last year's Laguna Seca AMA Superbike race. Mat's ride in that race, on faulty equipment, was extraordinary.

Having Mat around is great for the sport. It gives everyone a strong personality to love or hate and spices things up. His "bad boy" character is needed just as much as the "nice boy". Without a villain there is no drama. Maybe I'll get that interview so I can ask if the persona is just a character.

Thanks again, MM, for the entertainment and all the time you've given to this thread.

Night All,
    Kent Larson from Minnesota
    Ex CCS Racer
    CRA Expert #144
    Sometime Correspondant -- Minnesota Motorcycle Monthly

6. mad brad

mad brad Guest

Dag, bro'. Pissing off a multi-time national champion that is taking time and talking to club racers...amazing.

dear mat, thank you so much for spending your precious time with us crappy little club racers. i know our amateur lightweight championships will NEVER equal the unbelievable accomplishments you have done, but thanks.

F%CK THAT!!!! i know kevin schwantz {who has much greater accolades than this schleprock!} and he would NEVER block someone's "Q" he would never belittle someone else' championship because it isn't pro. mat, you are a RICHARD CRANIUM and you always will be. please get off the bbs, it's starting to stink!

P.S. you ride as good as you fly ultralights.

P.P.S. how does it feel to be on the short list of pro australian riders who never won at the world level?
    MICK DOOHAN
    ANTHONY GOBERT
    WAYNE GARDNER
    TROY BAYLISS
    ANDREW PITT
    CARL MUGGERIGE
    TROY CORSER
    KEVIN MAGGEE

;) ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2002
  7. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I just fly tiny stuff. Piston-powered single and twin-engine aircraft. Nothing major.

The "avalet thingy" is a photo of my so-called girlfriend, lying on the ground. Looks like a body at a crime scene. Sending her a subtle message that she better not f*ck with me on the BBS. :D

8. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Yo, my man Brad, I don't see your name on this list:

- Keeny Roberts
    - Eddie Lawson
    - Freddie Spencer
    - Wayne Rainey
    - Kevin Schwantz
    - Kenny Roberts Jr
    - Scott Russell
    - John Kocinski
    - Colin Edwards

:D :D :D

9. mad brad

mad brad Guest

i'm not touting 3 national championships while simultaneously pissing on someone else' accomplishments. F$CK MLADIN, HE'S GAY!

10. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Nah Brad, your just pissing on Mat's' accomplishments of 3 AMA championships. :D

11. mad brad

mad brad Guest

yeah, where is my pissing smilie? :D

12. HPPT

HPPT !!!

C'mon, man, that total BS. Mat's been nothing but cool with us here. And frankly, I agree with him questioning the angry dude's motivation for posting that he's a 3-time CCS champion. Apparently it's supposed to mean something or else he would have left if off. He wanted to let us/Mat know he knows what he's talking about because he used to be a racer? How about "I used to be a club racer"? I've always laughed quietly at guys who sign their posts:

John Q Racer
    CCS Champion
    WERA Champion

If it doesn't pay your bills, it's just a game and you ain't shit. Sorry to be blunt.

13. mad brad

mad brad Guest

oh yeah papa? where is my F%CK OFF smilie? :D

14. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Okay Brad, I can understand you're burning down your church of Mladin while it is still under construction....but did you really have to shoot the women and rape the cattle? :D

15. TLMoto

TLMoto Active Member

NO Kidding....

16. Wade Parish

Wade Parish North Central Hawker

:( What a drag. I just wanted to believe what Mat had to say, and ride off into the sunset, telling the story about how I rapped with the champ (sort of). Now I don't know what to believe.
    Somebody get Bostrom on this board! Call Dave Despain!
    Download the video! Interogate all parties!
    Back, and to the left... back, and to the left... back, and to the left...

17. actiontek

actiontek Well-Known Member

Mat,
    I sincerely appreciate your response to my inquiry about Wayne. It did a lot for my impression of you. I truely admire your talent and like most of the boys from down-under that I have met your integrity is to be commended. I only wish those of us that have some personal problems with anyone could appreciate the true measure of what it takes to get to the level you are at and stop the childish statements. I thought forums like this one were intended to promote the brotherhood/sisterhood of racing and racers. I am probably nieve in that thinking but I will continue to think that way. By you even responding to my question you have enlightened me to more than the incident of which I spoke. Thank you.
    P.S. I race a RC 51 and a GSX-R 750 and I will cheer for all of you that have the talent and guts to go out and do your best with dignity. You and the rest of the guys put on one hell of a show. Thanks.

18. Pam_G

Pam_G Banned

The GS Posse would be willing to donate to the cause.
    That would be awesome to see Mat riding my GS500 racebike, for sure!

19. Peanut

Peanut Well-Known Member

Any professional athlete has an unbelievable amount of talent & drive. That's why their club is so small.

The only thing I would like to ask MM is about racing for such a small amount of money!?

Does it ever get to you that you guys are paid, at least from the purses, so little?? I came from a diferent sports & I still can't believe that the 1st place price money for ANY race class is so little! :confused:

20. UGA Dawg

UGA Dawg Fertile Member

How about......Who gives a shit? :mad: I don't give a flying fvck at a rolling donut what happened or why. It happened at a level that you and I cannot conceive from a talent perspective. It was a long time ago and you idiots are screwing up an opportunity to pick an AMA Champion's brain. Way to go.