Another Boeing 737 Max-8 crash

Discussion in 'General' started by SPL170db, Mar 10, 2019.

1. nd4spd

nd4spd Well-Known Member

2. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

But what about diversity.

We MUST have diversity!

brex likes this.
  3. BrentA

BrentA Very expensive.

Yes, and have diversity.

4. HPPT

HPPT !!!

If by "diversity", you mean blending Mcdonnell Douglas and Boeing, then you have a point. :D
    Retrace the history, you'll find when the shit started.

CharlieY likes this.
  5. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Yeah! Yeah! That's what I was talking about! :D

6. chobes

chobes Well-Known Member

+1

7. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

And here I thought all this BBS had JODS.... :D

8. rwdfun

rwdfun

From Wiki https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boeing

"after the merger there was a "clash of corporate cultures, where Boeing's engineers and McDonnell Douglas's bean-counters went head-to-head", which the latter won." Fuck all bean counters. Fuckers never look at cost of poor quality when they are blindly banging away in their Excel sheets. The final death knell was when Mullaly left to become CEO at Ford. That guy was an engineer that already had a good nose for cost efficiency. It shouldn't always be about overall costs. See what he did at Ford to know he would've been good as Boeing CEO. Bean counters with no awareness of the product should be shot.

The only reason I can think of that McDD won the power control battle after this "merger" is they had the stronger DoD division. They sure as shit didn't have the better commercial business. Keeping the Boeing name should be proof that it had a stronger standing. They needed to change the name back to McDonnell Douglas in the early 2000s because it stopped being Boeing then. Too bad getting money from the DoD is so easy. Everybody that talks about Gov spending waste needs to start with them. Since DoD is so secretive we never know if the Government gets their monies worth but the "Boeing" Starliner project is likely similar to how well Boeing delivers on their DoD projects too.

CharlieY likes this.
  9. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

I don’t think about the share price when I’m flying but I did have a perfect approach to about 100 feet and decided to go full newb and plop the plane down. I was laughing on roll out. O well i got 9 more legs in two days to redeem myself. Already flown 9 in 3 days.

Had a Wind shear caution two days ago and I nail the landing then finally it’s calm and I carrier land it. Stuff just happens in aviation o_O

Photo and Gino230 like this.
  10. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

No. But the shock or g load from a sudden jolt has been know to eff up stuff. And clearly they all died and The news people called in John Edward to get all the facts from their disembodied spirits....oh wait. So either the lights came back on, or the co pilots gauges kept working, or maybe the pilot did what he was supposed to and hit the reset button and they all came back.

Actually...now I really want to know this hero's name...not so I can thanks him or S^&* him off...so I can make sure he is never near the pointy end of the aluminum tube I am flying in. I think the FAA really needs to investigate....the captain for being a scared, whiny lil' Beyotch. If he cant fly with gauges he clearly has business flying several hundred people around. I mean I cant believe the plane didnt immediately go into a "engine stall" , flip over and fall out of the sky, without gauges......GAUGES.....you dont UDNERSTAND WE MUST HAVE THE GAUGES!!!!!!!

:rolleyes:

11. ChemGuy

Shit I think i was on that flight. I swear we trapped the 3 wire on the Enterprise going into DFW on Sunday in and CRJ-900....About lost a filling.

Guy must have lost his gauges.....even though it was CAVU and 9am....

12. HPPT

HPPT !!!

So this could happen on final approach in bumpy IFR conditions? That wouldn't be a great time to go dark.

13. brex

brex Well-Known Member

An instrument blackout would totally cause a plane to just suddenly drop a few hundred feet altitude. Yep, makes perfect sense.
    Wouldn't possibly be the other way around.
    Nah, no way.

ChemGuy likes this.
  14. ChemGuy

It shouldnt. It shouldnt even in heavy turbulence. But it wasnt a brand new plane. So to just blame Boeing instead of the airline maintenance guys is crazy.

Now the door plug is 100% them and their cost cutting bean counter BS. But unless this another design or assembly flaw we dont know about...its probably some tech guy messing up something.

15. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

hah I’ve been with some people that just cannot land these planes. Mine wasn’t so bad but it pissed me off because I had flown a great flight up until that damn buzzard at 100 feet coming by us caught my attention…. That’s my excuse

16. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

I got one word for you:

Donuts.

brex likes this.
  17. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

And you shall have it. From a news article (not a joke).

WASHINGTON (TND) — The Federal Aviation Administration’s (FAA) "targeted disabilities" policy drew criticism from public figures Monday.
    The guidelines, announced in March 2022, set an annual FAA hiring goal of 3% for severely impaired employees. The listed disabilities include psychiatric and intellectual impairments, complete and partial paralysis, blindness, deafness, missing extremities, epilepsy and dwarfism.

18. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Not saying you're wrong, we weren't there. The gauges going down was maybe simply a strong visual aspect during the loss of control. Also the plane was probably they were on auto-pilot and it kicked out (just assuming here).
    I'm not a pilot but if shit hits the fan, my 1st reaction would be to consult the gauges... They being dead would not be inspiring confidence, but the pilots would certainly remember that detail during a debrief....

19. Rdrace42

Rdrace42 Almost Cheddar

Yeah man, I want a one armed, blind, dwarf, with schizophrenia, piloting my flight to Germany. Hang on.....let me update my life insurance policy....

notbostrom likes this.
  20. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Did @Dave K lose an arm…?

ChemGuy likes this.