1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

I don't think my house will catch on fire or be robbed but this is 99% more likely in my case. In college i found a buddy that had gone in my closet and was holding a rifle. I thought it was hidden enough but was like What the hell. Adults will even mess with them. my 1 year old is interested in my safe as well

noles19 likes this.
  2. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

went ahead with the 26 gun too. Got to rearrange the top shelf and long guns. I've also Got a few more to add, the garand, merkel and few others. For now I'm liking it though.
    [​IMG]

sanee and gapman789 like this.
  3. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

Picked up the PSA AR today.....and I knew this small local gun shop had a pistol I was looking at before....Arex rex zero 1 compact, so I grabbed it too. I really just wanted a hammer fired gun, with a de-cocker and safety. For nothing more than just experience and learning different types of guns and their functions. Reviews are pretty great for it and looks good IMO. Put 60 rounds through it and I like it.

Gotta put the Mbus sights and Holosun green dot on the AR...Cant wait to shoot it tomo if I get home before dark.

arex.jpg psa.jpg

4. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

For the money, the Arex looks like a nice firearm. I wonder if it takes P22x mags of some kind?

5. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

6. gapman789

7. gapman789

Put about 200 rds through it and with my limited experience with how triggers feel, this trigger is buttery smooth compared to my Canik MC9 and CZ P10s. And my Canik Rival trigger pull is so short, that it really doesn't have a feel to it.

Recoil/muzzle flip is non-existent as well...again compared to my other 3 pistols.

8. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

I just got rid of my P10S, and don't think I'll miss it. I hated the trigger because always felt like it was sticking after firing and going to reset for the next round. The grip was also too short for my fat hand. My pinky had no real estate on the grip.

I "replaced" it with a CZ 75 P01. I'm sending this one to Cajun Gun Works in Louisiana for their Standard Package and maybe some new sights.

Consider their P10 package and an aluminum trigger...may improve that piece significantly.

https://cajungunworks.com/product/10310-p10c-package/

9. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

Pull is short on the Rival or break is too light for you? I'm betting the latter. My Canik Rival has normal trigger pull when compared to any other. They claim shortened preset but its not enough that I notice.

10. gapman789

Its neither. Its the proverbial hair trigger. I love it

11. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

Well I finally got around to procuring and building an ammo cabinet and suddenly my safe has SO MUCH ROOM. Thought I was gonna have to upgrade to a larger safe. But now I have room for a bunch more in it, which I think means I need a bunch more. You can see how that much ammo was clogging up the safe lol. Edit: No idea why photos turned sideways and damn my phone camera sucks lol.
    4E4F0E38-6E7D-4F38-B352-6D7006FFA0D7.jpeg
    F7337633-B3AC-4FF5-AF09-CA7802A670AC.jpeg
    0FC8E332-65C2-422D-9253-FF5257C2EF91.jpeg

Last edited: Nov 10, 2023
    StaccatoFan likes this.
  12. BC

BC Well-Known Member

Stupid question.........when you ship out a gun for work do they have to ship it back to a FFL?

13. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

I was wondering the same.

14. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

FFL has to send it, but it can come back to you directly. Stupid!

15. Chango

Chango Something clever!

That's something I need to do, otherwise I need to upgrade my safe now rather than waiting another 3-6 months.

What kind of ammo cabinet did you get?

16. GixxerJohn011

GixxerJohn011 Well-Known Member

Let me preface this with it is in Texas and was last year. I had a Ruger 22/45 Lite that probably has a higher Delta status than DaveK. I shipped it back and forth to Arizona as a complete gun 4 times. Get a label and package it up in a box that doesn’t scream “I’M A GUN!” before you go in to whoever is going to ship it. I’ve had two cashiers turn into puddles of useless goo if you tell them it’s a firearm or have to package it there.

They will have to ship it back adult signature required or you can send it to your favorite FFL if you think it will be a PITA to be home. Be prepared to pay overnight super duper priority prices if it’s not warranty work.

If you are shipping a non serialized gun part it’s as simple as a letter.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2023
  17. brex

brex Well-Known Member

I have shipped a handgun for work twice - one handgun for a recall and a second handgun to Langdon for upgrades and work.
    Both times I shipped myself using FedEx and both times it came back to my home.

18. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

19. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

This was my experience too.
    Shipped to SIG directly via FedEx (no FFL needed).
    They shipped back to my house (I had to sign for it).

20. Chango

Chango Something clever!